Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Cooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2008, 04:20 PM   #1501
Tatania
Disney Foodie

Citrus Mist

Citrus Mist
Raglan Road, Downtown Disney

1.25 ounces Irish Mist
.75 ounce Bacardi Limon
juice of 1 lemon
juice of 1 lime
splash pineapple juice
garnish with maraschino cherry

First visit to WDW in 1976. Many times since then.

Tatania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:57 PM   #1502
bnf2
DIS Veteran

Review: Hoop-Dee-Doo Cornbread

Yummy, yummy, yummy!! I could just stop right there (recipe on p. 75, post #1121) I took one bite and told the kids I think I could eat 8 pieces! (I didn't have 8, but I did eat 2 and half!!)

This was the best cornbread I've ever made!! I don't remember having it at the Hoop-Dee-Doo; maybe they used to serve it there. I have seen some recipes state it's Hoop Dee Doo and Wilderness Lodge Cornbread. I say who cares... it's soooooooo good!

One note: the ingredient list does not list the 2 eggs needed.

DH & Me , DD 11 , DS 11
March 1973 & September 1976- Ft. Wilderness; September 1979- Polynesian; June 1996 Old Key West; October 2004-Coronado Springs (first trip as a parent & surprise b-day trip for the twins w/my entire family!); September 2006- Pop; December 2007- Christmas trip w/2 other Disney-Crazy Families, offsite- Bonnet Creek; October 2011- Twins turn 12 Port Orleans- French Quarter
bnf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2008, 08:40 PM   #1503
Disney Mama
Mouseketeer

For anyone interested in the spicy relish at Casey Corner in MK .... straight from Disney themselves ... "Hellish Relish" and is made by the Dat'l Do-It company
in St. Augustine, FL. Check out their website at www.datldoit.com..

Gotta go and order some!
Disney Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 10:13 AM   #1504
TyRy
Part of the problem is I wear my shorts
It is making me nutty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatania View Post
Well I guess that proves there is something missing in the recipe that's been given to the public. When I have time I'll contact them and see if I can get a version that includes the actual broth they use.
Thanks Tatania - I'm really looking forward to a version that works!
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
Trip of New Phases, Friends & 40 - Sept 09 - CR/AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
*Nov 2013 AKVJ* *Extra May 2014 Trip SSR*
TyRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 01:06 PM   #1505
Redhead Realtor
Granny Mouse

easy recipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by psimon View Post
If you ask for a recipe while dining, are the restaurants providing them?

Other than the few cookbooks that Disney put out is there any other way to get "official" recipes?

thanks...

---Paul in Southern NJ
HI there, We have had tremendous luck with just asking for the recipes at any of the places that we have eaten. I also bought all of the older cookbooks on amazon and there are great recipes in teh disney mag. as well. between all of that and the cookbooks sold at some of the pleasure island rest. we have been very lucky!!

Happy Cooking!!!

1999 WDW offsite
2000 WDW Offsite
[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]2002 California Adventure
2003 WDW French Quarter
2005 WDW Animal Kingdom
2005 Cruise Wonder

2007 WDW Offsite Timeshare
2008 WDW Offiste Timeshare
Redhead Realtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 02:10 PM   #1506
Tatania
Disney Foodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhead Realtor View Post
HI there, We have had tremendous luck with just asking for the recipes at any of the places that we have eaten. I also bought all of the older cookbooks on amazon and there are great recipes in teh disney mag. as well. between all of that and the cookbooks sold at some of the pleasure island rest. we have been very lucky!!

Happy Cooking!!!
Are there any new or interesting ones you can post - esp. directly from the restaurants?

Old 02-20-2008, 03:38 PM   #1507
lynninpa

Help yourself! I just made a few new batches!

Fried Boursin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
OK you can leave it but it will make it harden a bit inside that's all. When it cooks it goes gooey inside but Ive left them before and had them later and they are OK (I prefer them hot though). Havent tried the apple and cranberry boursin as we dont have that one over here in UK. Have used the herb one and have actually had them with cranberry sauce and they were lovely so would think that the apple and cranberry would be nice.
Thanks for the reply, gismo!
lynninpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 10:15 PM   #1508
PixiePowered
Mouseketeer

Anyone have the recipe for the Loaded Baked Potato Soup at the Carnation Cafe (DL)?

Upcoming:
???

Completed:
DL - 10/2012 Anaheim Plaza Inn; 06/2011 HoJo's Kids Suite; 10/2009 HoJo's; 08/2008 Residence Inn Maingate; 10/2006 Residence Inn Maingate; 12/2005 Residence Inn Maingate; 06/2005 Residence Inn Maingate; 11/2004 Residence Inn Maingate; 12/2003 Candy Cane Inn; 06/2003 Disneyland Hotel; 05/2002 Candy Cane Inn; 06/2000 Disneyland Hotel; 10/1996 Holiday Inn Express

WDW - 11/2013 Wilderness Lodge; 08/2007 Contemporary Resort
PixiePowered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 10:48 PM   #1509
Tatania
Disney Foodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixiePowered View Post
Anyone have the recipe for the Loaded Baked Potato Soup at the Carnation Cafe (DL)?
Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Carnation Café, Disneyland (from Delicious Disney)
Serves 6

1 pound bacon, roughly chopped
1 medium yellow onion, diced
1 large carrot, peeled and diced
3/4 cup diced celery
4 large russet potatoes, peeled and diced
4 medium red potatoes, diced
1/4 cup flour
2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
4 cups heavy cream

Optional Garnishes: chopped chives, bacon bits, sour cream, shredded cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses

In a 6 – 8 quart stockpot over medium heat, fry bacon until crisp.
Remove bacon and drain on paper towels (reserve half for garnish). In the bacon fat, cook onions, carrots, and celery until the onions are translucent. Add potatoes and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Sprinkle in flour and stir constantly over low heat about 5 to 7 minutes until the mixture thickens slightly. Add stock and half of the bacon. Season with salt and pepper.
Over medium-high heat, bring the soup to a simmer and cook for 25 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft. Mash some of the potatoes for thicker, creamier texture. Add cream and simmer for 5 minutes. Adjust thickness by adding water or stock. The soup should have a creamy consistency. Season to taste, and garnish with toppings, if desired.
Cooks Note: Soak diced potatoes in cold water until ready to use to keep them from turning brown. To make bacon easier to chop, lightly freeze.

Old 02-21-2008, 10:12 AM   #1510
lynninpa

Help yourself! I just made a few new batches!

Alfredos: Minestrone Soup

1 & 1/2 cups dry red kidney beans
4 Tbsp olive oil
2 ounces prosciutto, chopped
4 cups fresh spinach, chopped, tightly packed
1 cup cabbage, shredded
1 leek bulb, thinly sliced
1 cup carrots, diced
1 cup zucchini, diced
1 cup celery, diced
1 & 1/2 cups yellow onion, chopped
1 cup potatoes, peeled & diced
2 tsp salt
Freshly ground black pepper

Rinse beans and soak overnight in cold water.
Drain beans and rinse well. Place beans in a large pot and cover with 1 inch of water. Simmer for 2 hours or until tender. Drain-reserving cooking liquid-and set aside.
Heat olive oil in a large sauce pot or dutch oven and saute prosciutto for 2 minutes. Add all vegetables and drained beans and saute for an additional 5 minutes. Add enough water to liquid from cooking beans to equal 2 quarts. Add to vegetables and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and season with salt and pepper. Simmer one hour.
lynninpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 01:36 PM   #1511
greeneeyes
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynninpa View Post

1 & 1/2 cups dry red kidney beans
4 Tbsp olive oil
2 ounces prosciutto, chopped
4 cups fresh spinach, chopped, tightly packed
1 cup cabbage, shredded
1 leek bulb, thinly sliced
1 cup carrots, diced
1 cup zucchini, diced
1 cup celery, diced
1 & 1/2 cups yellow onion, chopped
1 cup potatoes, peeled & diced
2 tsp salt
Freshly ground black pepper

Rinse beans and soak overnight in cold water.
Drain beans and rinse well. Place beans in a large pot and cover with 1 inch of water. Simmer for 2 hours or until tender. Drain-reserving cooking liquid-and set aside.
Heat olive oil in a large sauce pot or dutch oven and saute prosciutto for 2 minutes. Add all vegetables and drained beans and saute for an additional 5 minutes. Add enough water to liquid from cooking beans to equal 2 quarts. Add to vegetables and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and season with salt and pepper. Simmer one hour.
This is soooo good!
greeneeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 02:07 PM   #1512
plgrn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
Can anyone help?
For the Garden Grill cornbread, this is a stab in the dark, but...
I have an old Walt Disney World/Disneyland cookbook from the early 1980's that has a cornbread muffin recipe for back when it was "The Land Grille Room." Boy I feel old

Here it is:

Corn Muffins
2/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup shortening
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
1 1/3 cups milk

Combine sugar, salt, shortening, and vanilla in a bowl and mix with a mixer for 5 minutes until slightly creamed. Add eggs one at a time and beat for 3 minutes after each addition

Mix flour, baking powder, and cornmeal well. On low speed add half flower mixture and half milk and beat just to blend. Add remaining flour mixture and milk and beat just to blend. Spoon into paper lined cup cake pans and bake at 400 F for 20 minutes.

It's worth a try! Hope the haven't changed the recipe since then.
Old 02-21-2008, 05:55 PM   #1513
greeneeyes
Mouseketeer

Todd English's bluezoo - Walt Disney World Dolphin

Crispy Half Chicken with Pumpernickel Panzanella, Melted Tomato and Parmesan

Ingredients for Crispy Half Chicken:

2 Whole Chickens
Salt (To Taste)
Pepper (To Taste)

Ingredients for Pumpernickel Panzanella:
1 Cup Pumpernickel Croutons
1 Cup Brioche Croutons
¼ Cup Julienned Sun-dried Tomatoes in Oil
1 Tbsp. Green Olives (Slivered)
1 Tbsp. Black Olives (Slivered)
1 Tsp. Capers
2 Tbsp. Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 Cup Italian Parsley (Whole Leaves, Stems Removed)
3 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Tsp. Lemon Juice

Ingredients for Melted Tomato:
3 Lbs. Roma Tomatoes (Cored and Quartered Lengthwise)
½ Cup Sliced Garlic (Very Thin)
3 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
½ Tsp. Salt

Ingredients for Parmesan Cream:

½ Cup White Wine
1 Qt. Heavy Cream
½ Cup Grated Parmesan

Method of Preparation for Crispy Half Chicken:
Bone out either side of the chicken, keeping the breast quarter and leg quarter connected. Remove the thigh and leg bones, then french the wing. Heat two cast iron skillets on high. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add oil to one of the cast iron pans. Put your chicken in, skin side down; then place the other cast iron pan on top of the chicken, pressing it down. Let the chicken sear for one minute, then remove from the burner. Place both pans in a 425° oven for 10-15 minutes, depending on the size of your chicken. The result will be a crispy outside and a juicy center.

Method of Preparation for Pumpernickel Panzanella:
In a bowl, combine the pumpernickel croutons, brioche croutons, sun-dried tomatoes, green and black olives, capers, parmesan cheese, parsley, olive oil and lemon juice. Set aside.

Method of Preparation for Melted Tomato:
In a pan, lightly toast the sliced garlic in the olive oil. Add the tomatoes and salt. Cook on low heat until all the water has cooked out of the tomatoes. This can take anywhere from 1-2 hours. Stir occasionally. The end result should be a bright red concentrated tomato sauce with a very thick consistency.

Method of Preparation for Parmesan Cream:
Start with the white wine in a pot and reduce by 2/3. Add the heavy cream and reduce by half. Add the parmesan and remove from the heat. Let cool slightly. Put the parmesan cream in the blender and pulse a couple of times, then strain. Set aside.

Presentation:
Make a line on the plate with the melted tomato. Top it with the pumpernickel panzanella. Drizzle parmesan cream over and around the tomato and pumpernickel panzanella. Place the crispy chicken halve on top of it. Serve.

Serves 4
Old 02-21-2008, 06:41 PM   #1514
greeneeyes
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari and Liv's mom View Post
Does anyone have the reipe for the coconut dessert from Boma's? I don't know what it's called, but it was creamy and very good- almost like a pudding or mousse. I would love to make this for my mom.
Thank you.

Could it have been the Cocomisu? Like tiramisu, but coconut flavored? I had some when we were there last march and it was wonderful!
Old 02-21-2008, 08:57 PM   #1515
PixiePowered
Mouseketeer

I'm looking for a recipe for a (alcoholic) drink that used to be served at 'The Lost Bar' at the Disneyland Hotel. My husband got it while we were there in June 2003 (or maybe it was 2000) ... it was called something to the effect of 'California Sunsplash'?

Upcoming:
???

Completed:
DL - 10/2012 Anaheim Plaza Inn; 06/2011 HoJo's Kids Suite; 10/2009 HoJo's; 08/2008 Residence Inn Maingate; 10/2006 Residence Inn Maingate; 12/2005 Residence Inn Maingate; 06/2005 Residence Inn Maingate; 11/2004 Residence Inn Maingate; 12/2003 Candy Cane Inn; 06/2003 Disneyland Hotel; 05/2002 Candy Cane Inn; 06/2000 Disneyland Hotel; 10/1996 Holiday Inn Express

WDW - 11/2013 Wilderness Lodge; 08/2007 Contemporary Resort
PixiePowered is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: