Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2008, 11:03 AM   #256
abbybeth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
Have you put a deposit down yet?
Just waiting on the gc's from the SR cashout to arrive and then we will ... and then I'll start a PTR/Cheerleading Thread - I'll keep you posted.
Old 02-10-2008, 06:37 PM   #257
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

But it can’t be our last day…can it?

We had an 8:20 ADR at 1900 Park Fare. Therefore, our Plan of Action looked like this: *finish packing
*Check in to our flight
*Add no expiration to Heather’s 8 day PH (I had only used 1 plus and had a leftover day-I figured by adding no expiration I could skip adding plusses the next couple of trips)
*Go to 1900 Park Fare

I’d suggested taking a cab to 1900 Park Fare, and Mom had agreed. We finished packing (check!) with Heather using her spare duffle bag for souvenirs. I called for the bell hop, and I headed down to concierge to a)settle my account (apparently paying in Disney Gift cards and Disney Dollars throw off the just charge my card dealio-good to know) and b)add no expiration to my park hopper. As I was finishing adding no expiration (check), I saw Mom arrive with the luggage. She got in line to check in at the airport check in counter-I figured I could just pop in and check in, then we would be on our way. The bell person put our luggage off to the side. Mom was checking in, and yelled for me to give her my id, as the CM offered to check me in as well…erm, maybe I should be there? I declined. I paid my bill (check), and got in line. I noticed a woman resting her backpack on my suitcase, I pulled it away-sorry lady, but I don’t know who you are or what’s in your backpack. I checked in. We took our carry-ons into bell services. We had a cab hailed for is.

It surprised me how much more a cab to the GF ($16) was than a cab to/from Epcot ($10 or less), but it was on par with what I spent on a cab to CR in 06. We entered the GF and admired the decorations-I got to talk about the things I learned on my tour and sound all smart. We then made our way up to the podium. 1900 Park Fare opened around 8:05 (I think it’s supposed to open at 8).

We were able to be seated right away. As the hostess was walking us to our seats and giving us the spiel about food, blah blah blah, she said “And the characters love seeing adults, too, and they’ll be around.” We hadn’t even sat down yet, but I knew this was going to be better than the Chef Mickey’s Incident of 2006. We got up to get food. I regret to inform you that I believe I tried to make notes for this meal on the plane, so they include such deep thoughts as “potatoes….yay Mickey waffle…” but I’ll try. I started with the strawberry soup, which lived up to its rep (we’re thinking we may serve the AllEars recipe at Easter), potatoes and a pastry . All were very good. Mom had an egg dish, potatoes, a croissant and a muffin, all of which she said were good. I also had some Mickey waffles, a chocolate croissant and sticky bun. All were good, but I was kind of bummed-I wanted my Mickey waffle a la mode, but couldn’t get the ice cream machine to work. Oh well. As I returned to my seat, I did a bit of a double-take-the Mad Hatter was sitting on a high chair. Somewhat amusing. The characters started coming. We first met with Pooh and Tigger. Both signed my autograph book and took pictures, and hugged Mom. We amused ourselves looking at a family of six seated across from us. The three older kids were all somewhere between four and seven, and character shy. Baby in the high chair, however was watching the characters very intently. Mary Poppins came over and was very good. Mary tried to socialize with the family. Baby was far too busy staring at Pooh-Mary said something very polite like “Oh, well, I can’t compete with Pooh.” We chatted with Alice, and then the Mad Hatter came around. He walked up to us, turned to Mom, and said “I think she likes me, she was staring at me earlier.” (Meaning me) LOL. He also insisted on a picture with Mom. Meanwhile, Pooh had reached our neighbor’s table, and Baby was practically climbing out of her highchair while the other kids in the family were hiding behind the parents. Mom commented that baby would be running the family in another year. We finished, and got our check. I have to say the only negative was the lag in getting our check.

We headed out, and went to the bus stop for what I informed my mom would be our last trip to MGM. Apparently at the GF the bus stop plays Stacey. We took the bus, and entered. We got there around 9:30, we went to VOTLM and got Fastpasses for 10:05. We then headed to the ToT/RnR area. I used my instant fastpass from my DVC tour to get a Fastpass onto ToT, Mom waited behind.

I was really impressed with the CM-there was a large family group he sat together (back row) without reorganizing too many other people. Now, I ride most rides at WDW/DLR solo, but ToT pulls some of the strangest guest reactions I’ve seen. Flashback to DCA 05-in the queue area, I was chatting with a young couple my age-they had AP’s. We got on-girl sat next to me. We go up, we go down. Girl grabs me. At the end, she says “I’m sorry-I was too scared to grab my fiancé.” LOL. Anyway, I did not see any nervous Nellies this time. We go up. We go down. Two girls in the back scream, well, like you’d expect two tweenage cousins to scream to ToT. They scream again. We unload, they say “Sorry.” I thought it was cute, as I didn’t find them excessively obnoxious. I found Mom, I decided to instant Fastpass RnR. We go through the queue-I glance at my watch-it’s 10:00. I board, ride, and dash towards VOTLM. I passed a pair of kids Heelying-those monsters didn’t appear to nearly be as apparent during this trip as they were on my last. I got to VOTLM at 10:05. We sat in the front row and liked it a lot. My mom liked it.

After VOTLM, we were heading towards Muppets 3-D, when we were interrupted by the HSM show. As my mom is accompanying the boys and me to HSM on Ice next weekend, I thought we should watch part of it-it was cute. We headed onto Muppets 3-D. It was great as always. After that, we exited to find a freak rain shower. As there was no line, I met Buzz Lightyear. We headed out of MGM, and paused to browse in the shops. I picked up a couple of MGM pressed pennies.

We were around the second family in line at the bus stop for POFQ. We waited forever, which was exacerbated by the massive worn-out family behind us. The kids were cranky. The parents were cranky. The kids would act up. The parents would make empty threats. Everyone would start being a brat, parents on down. Finally, the bus came. It was packed-I saw the nice British family I took a picture of in Epcot my second day getting on the bus.
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2008, 07:23 PM   #258
abbybeth
DIS Veteran

Your breakfast looks like it was a lot of fun (and yummy! mmmmmm .... mickey waffles!) and you had a great Mad Hatter - the one I met in MK was awesome ... meeting the characters is just so fun!

Sounds like you managed to get a fair amount done, but I hear you on the annoying people in the bus lines *sigh* oh well. Not everything can be perfect, even in Disney - right?
Old 02-14-2008, 08:56 AM   #259
Hedy

Happy Valentine's Day All!

I'm working on The End of this TR.
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*

Old 02-14-2008, 09:22 AM   #260
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

sad to hear its the last day!!! Happy Valentines Day!
Old 02-14-2008, 06:13 PM   #261
retiredkid
Your shots make me want to try again at night
This is gonna be good I can tell

it's soon gonna be over
time to plan another trip!!
Old 02-15-2008, 07:32 PM   #262
Hedy

Chapter 17:: The End

We got back to POFQ, and grabbed a light lunch, as we didn’t know when we’d eat at the airport (or if we would). I opted for the fruit and cheese pre-packaged plastic container, and Coke from my refillable mug, Mom had a bag of chips. The fruit and cheese pre-packaged plastic container was pretty good, actually. Mom liked her chips.

We went to go wait for the DME bus. We waited. A DCL bus dropped people up, but didn’t pick them back up. A Yellow Mears bus finally pulled up. I turned to Mom and said, "I think that's our bus." The woman next to me pointed to the WDW bus in front of it and said "no it's not." Um, was I even talking to you, lady? We boarded. The DME bus was only about 10 minutes late, which didn't bug me. The bus' DME video wasn't working so we watched Monsters, Inc. We arrived at the airport, and changed into our real shoes and put our coats on.

We got in line for security. As is par for the course for MCO, we waited for a long time, and it was confusing. When we finally went through, I got delayed due to my bracelet setting off the metal detector. Kind of odd, given that it didn't go off at Logan-the same thing happened at O'hare in January. We rode the fake monorail, which was teeming with people trying to get the heck out of dodge before the storms of Saturday, and went to get food in shifts. I went first, my mom was on the phone with my godmother. I went to Au Bon Pain-I didn’t see my beloved Spinach and cheese croissant, so I asked for a caprese sandwich and a drink. I didn’t check what I got, and my mom handed me her phone so I could talk to my godmother. She went to get food. I am all set to eat my sandwich and use free wifi until our flight. I open it-it’s tuna. How the heck do you get Tuna from Caprese? And I’m stuck, since I have mom’s phone. She finally retirns. I get a refund (sidenote: why do places always offer you a redo after they screw up? I’m sorry, if you mess up my order/don’t cook my food (raw fried oreos at Six Flags), why should I give you second chance. I had some pretzel bites.

We boarded the plane. We had been across from each other, but as you can’t do online check in and Resort airline check-in, she lost her seat. She was still on an aisle and maybe four rows ahead of me. We lived. I was next to a mother and daughter, with daddy and daughter behind us. Mother seemed disturbed by her kids’ behavior, to me seemed par for the course for two little kids who had been at WDW- a little fussy and whiney. No screaming. Flight was uneventful.

We disembarked, and headed to luggage claim. We got our baggage, and headed to the taxi stand. We got a taxi-it was cold. Our driver made a comment about the weather we had in Boston being “the way it should be.”

[center]~The End~
Fear not, I'll be back with a wrap-up.

Old 02-15-2008, 07:42 PM   #263
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

So sad it is over. Thank you for writing this great report, I loved all the detail you went into and it sounds like you had a great time. I hope to see more reports from you in the future!
Old 02-15-2008, 08:31 PM   #264
retiredkid
Your shots make me want to try again at night
This is gonna be good I can tell

what a great report. ....so sad its over

time to plan another trip!!!!!!
Old 02-15-2008, 09:47 PM   #265
Hedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredkid View Post
what a great report. ....so sad its over

time to plan another trip!!!!!!
Only 180+ more days! I'm almost at the six month mark.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
So sad it is over. Thank you for writing this great report, I loved all the detail you went into and it sounds like you had a great time. I hope to see more reports from you in the future!
You're welcome! I'll probably start a pre-TR for my weekend in August...I find hysterical I'm going down Fockerweekend-DISers will be taking over the parks.

Old 02-15-2008, 09:51 PM   #266
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You're welcome! I'll probably start a pre-TR for my weekend in August...I find hysterical I'm going down Fockerweekend-DISers will be taking over the parks.
Oh, lucky duck. I am such a bad Focker and probably won't make it to Fockerfest. Darn cruise sucking up all my vacation money.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:56 PM   #267
Hedy

Quote:
Oh, lucky duck. I am such a bad Focker and probably won't make it to Fockerfest. Darn cruise sucking up all my vacation money.
I'm not even going to Fockerfest-I'm going to the Hedy's family takes over WDW fest. However, I'll probably see some DISers at some point. However, I will be in role model mode.

Old 02-15-2008, 10:10 PM   #268
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm not even going to Fockerfest-I'm going to the Hedy's family takes over WDW fest. However, I'll probably see some DISers at some point. However, I will be in role model mode.
I'm sure you will have a blast.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:15 PM   #269
Hedy

Quote:
I'm sure you will have a blast.
Oh, I cannot wait-it's been my dream to go with my nephews since they were...I don't know...teething? I've finally stopped crying tears of joy over going.

Old 02-16-2008, 04:54 AM   #270
NMAmy
Can speak food in German
He seemed so normal when I met him
It's not like I'm getting any special sanitation type service
I'm old school-I like my cartoon rodents to be mice

Quote:
Oh, I cannot wait-it's been my dream to go with my nephews since they were...I don't know...teething? I've finally stopped crying tears of joy over going.
You are so lucky, Hedy! I've been trying to figure out a way to take my niece (who is 30) and her 3 kids along with me sometime. I'm just dying to go to WDW with some little ones again.

That strawberry soup looked SO yummy! How in the world have I missed that all these years? Now I'm going to be on the lookout for it.

I'm sad your TR is over but I'll be watching for your newest pre-TR, pal.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: