Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2007, 05:03 PM   #16
mvlimmex
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyoftwinfants View Post

It will be my parents
me and 2-DS's (7)

Sorry about the other thread never saw yours.
welcome mommyoftwinfants,

No problem about the other thread I think I was buried at the last page. I am glad that you will be joining us. I am looking forward to this cruise. Have you ever been to St. Croix or know much about it?

I hope you are enjoying the Holidays!!!!!!!!!!!

Vicki

Its kinda fun to do the impossible!
~Walt Disney

Me DH DD(16) DS(12) DD(10) DS(7) DS (4) and DS (2)
mvlimmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 05:13 PM   #17
mvlimmex
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3LVDisney View Post
We are "on board" for this cruise as well!
3LVDisney has just made a reservation!

Our party of three includes:
ME: Andy
DW: ToniAnn
DD: Elizabeth (5 years old at date of cruise)

We just did the 3 day cruise on 12/6/07 in the Roy Suite. It was wonderful, but too quick. Unfortunately, we didn't rebook anything when we were on the ship , so I don't know how to save any additional $$ for this one. Anybody have suggestions?
Hi and welcome Andy, ToniAnn and Elizabeth,

Nice to meet you. We got off the ship on the 6th, so you were on right after us. Did you have a good cruise? We had a great time, but you were right, it did go way too fast. The only suggestion I have for saving money, etc might be to place your reservation with Dreams Unlimited for the on board credit since you didn't reserve onboard. I think they are offering double credit or something like that. Maybe someone else might have some suggestions too. At least by booking this cruise so far out ( 2years) we all probably have saved some money that way.

I will talk to you soon!

Vicki

~Walt Disney

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-31-2007, 07:53 PM   #18
mommyoftwinfants
DIS Veteran

If anyone is interested in a fish extender gift exchange I made this magnet design we could use. It's the same one I desinged for the year just added our destinations and changed the date. I know it is still 2 years just wanted to post it for everyone.
mommyoftwinfants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 07:56 PM   #19
mommyoftwinfants
DIS Veteran

Countdown clock if anyone wants to copy it.....
Old 12-31-2007, 08:22 PM   #20
mvlimmex
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If anyone is interested in a fish extender gift exchange I made this magnet design we could use. It's the same one I desinged for the year just added our destinations and changed the date. I know it is still 2 years just wanted to post it for everyone.
I like your magnet. We just did a secret santa gift exchange on our last cruise in Dec and it was a lot of fun! I would enjoy a fish extender gift exchange too. Reading your magnet gets me excited for this cruise even if it is still 2 years away

Vicki

~Walt Disney

Old 01-01-2008, 01:04 PM   #21
3LVDisney
Disney Fanatic

Hello all. I have never heard of a "fish extender", but I am assuming it is a secret santa gift exchange? I have been to both St. Thomas and St. Croix before. In an old company, we had locations on both islands and I got to them every so often. Like everywhere else, there are some very nice parts and some not so nice parts to the islands. But.... the nice parts are very beautiful! If you like shopping, St. Thomas is the place to go. It is much nicer than the Bahamas. Our cruise in December had perfect weather and very calm seas. The Roy Suite was so "wonder"ful, that you almost never wanted to leave the room! We had a group of seven that was pretty tired out from a trip to WDW before, so we did not get to experience all we should have on the ship. I am looking forward to seven days with just the 3 of us, so we can experience as much as possible.
Old 01-01-2008, 01:44 PM   #22
mommyoftwinfants
DIS Veteran

found this pic on ebay

there is a thread on the cruise board just about the fish extender I tried to google it but couldn't find it.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:29 PM   #23
ulittletinker
ready to set sail

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvlimmex View Post
Hi Virginia,

I hope all is well. I just wanted to let you know that I sent you a PM a week or two ago, in case you haven't had a chance to check your messages. I imagine you must be busy with the kids off of school. I hope you are able to relax some I hope to talk to you soon!

Vicki
hello Vicki
sorry I havnt returned your message. Thank you for the christmas card. Emmy had her surgery last week. She is starting to feel better. I hope you had a great New Years. Danie spent the night with a school friend, I guess they had a great time.

Do we want to do the Secret Santa again. Also on this next cruise I want to make arrangement for us to get a group photo. I'm also thinking about a scrappbooking on one of the at Sea days.

I think we are going to DL next Oct. Since our cruise is in 09 I need a Disney Fix.

Talk to you soon
Virginia

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/em1yzg5cjkznguy3.png[/img]

PINK PIRATE FOR BREAST CANCER AWARNESS

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/sgp9u9epalfctf73.png[/img]

:
ulittletinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 10:36 PM   #24
ulittletinker
ready to set sail

Welcome

all joining the Dec 5-12 cruise.

I'm currently working on a website for our group, that will provide info. meet/greet. ect.

I'm looking forwards to meeting everyone.
Virginia

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/em1yzg5cjkznguy3.png[/img]

PINK PIRATE FOR BREAST CANCER AWARNESS

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/sgp9u9epalfctf73.png[/img]

:
ulittletinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 03:39 PM   #25
mommyoftwinfants
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulittletinker View Post

I'm currently working on a website for our group, that will provide info. meet/greet. ect.
sounds cool

Quote:
I'm looking forwards to meeting everyone.
Virginia
same here
Old 01-03-2008, 04:05 PM   #26
Inkmahm
Disney nut

Quote:
found this pic on ebay

there is a thread on the cruise board just about the fish extender I tried to google it but couldn't find it.
I have that fish extender in pink and I did get it on ebay!

Inkmahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 01:13 PM   #27
mvlimmex
DIS Veteran

Quote:
hello Vicki
sorry I havnt returned your message. Thank you for the christmas card. Emmy had her surgery last week. She is starting to feel better. I hope you had a great New Years. Danie spent the night with a school friend, I guess they had a great time.

Do we want to do the Secret Santa again. Also on this next cruise I want to make arrangement for us to get a group photo. I'm also thinking about a scrappbooking on one of the at Sea days.

I think we are going to DL next Oct. Since our cruise is in 09 I need a Disney Fix.

Talk to you soon
Virginia
Hi Virginia,

I am glad that your daughter's surgery went well and that she is starting to feel better. I am sure her throat was sore for quite some time. The kids went back to school yesterday and it has been very cold here. It is finally going to warm into the 30s and 40s.

We didn't do too much for new years. marty and the kids did go swimming at night. Our cat of 13 years had passed away that day, so it was a pretty sad day around here. What did you do for new years?

I definitely want to do the secret santa game again. That was so much fun! I know mommyoftwininfants was talking about doing a fish extender gift exchange. i am sure that they are pretty much the same thing. I am open to either one. I think a group photo would be a great idea. I wish we would have done this for our last cruise. Oh well... I would also be interested in a scrapbooking day. Lots of neat ideas here. I can't wait for this cruise. It will be so much fun to be on the ship for 7 nights, instead of only 4.

We should also try to meet with each other some other place besides the sailaway party. It is always so crowded there and hard to tell who is a fellow dis'er even if they are wearing lime green

I am looking forward to seeing your website/blog for this cruise - please let me know if I can help you in any way.

I hope to talk to you soon!

Vicki

~Walt Disney

Old 01-05-2008, 07:23 AM   #28
3LVDisney
Disney Fanatic

Hello all!
I was wondering if we should "name" our cruise . On the last one I took, the 3-day Wonder on 12/6/07, we came up with a "Surf and Turf" theme as most everyone on the thread also did a land portion at WDW. Those that were real creative on a computer even used the theme on their door decorations. Anyone have a good idea for our cruise? We early participants to this thread can vote and give our cruise a "permanent" name.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:41 AM   #29
Inkmahm
Disney nut

Quote:
Have you ever been to St. Croix or know much about it?

Vicki
I did a little research on this and have to admit I'm a bit nervous with this stop in the itinerary. It seems like there is only one other cruiseline stopping there at the moment. St. Croix did (or is doing) lots of improvements to their port so they have attracted Disney to use them as a stop. Our cruise is 2 years away so I'm hoping they have developed lots of things to do/places to shop by the time we arrive. I suspect this one is much cheaper than the Western cruise the next week on Dec 12 because of St. Croix being one of the stops.

Old 01-05-2008, 08:44 AM   #30
Inkmahm
Disney nut

Quote:
The only suggestion I have for saving money, etc might be to place your reservation with Dreams Unlimited for the on board credit since you didn't reserve onboard. I think they are offering double credit or something like that. Maybe someone else might have some suggestions too. At least by booking this cruise so far out ( 2years) we all probably have saved some money that way.
Thanks for the tip! I just sent a request to Dreams Unlimited to see if they do $200 in addition to the $200 we got from Disney already by booking on board.

I don't see the advantage of moving our reservation to an agent unless we get something from the agent that we didn't get booking directly with Disney. An additional $200 onboard credit would do that for me! We'll see what happens. I also sent our reservation to a couple other TAs who were at Mousefest in December to see what their quotes might look like. My own, cruisingco.com, couldn't beat the DCL direct pricing and $200 onboard credit so I haven't transfered the booking to them.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: