Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2007, 02:49 PM   #16
Maza
Mouseketeer

Themes!

Anyone involved in marketing? Publicity..?..creative -ness? (I am an RN/RM so very little imagination here folks...and DH is an Engineer...so...dont hold your breath
what have we got...mexico,mickey and.mojitos? Pirates, Pluto and punch?
dunno...i suppose we have got loadssss of time to get our a*** in gear...lol
Mind you, the way we are at the minute, we could be the three amigos! early days I suppose...
Just trying to get a bit excited...the long winter nights will just fly by...
Old 12-17-2007, 02:28 PM   #17
Ski-and-Sea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maza View Post
Anyone involved in marketing? Publicity..?..creative -ness? (I am an RN/RM so very little imagination here folks...and DH is an Engineer...so...dont hold your breath
what have we got...mexico,mickey and.mojitos? Pirates, Pluto and punch?
dunno...i suppose we have got loadssss of time to get our a*** in gear...lol
Mind you, the way we are at the minute, we could be the three amigos! early days I suppose...
Just trying to get a bit excited...the long winter nights will just fly by...
Absolutely no creative-ness at all here. I'm good at taking other people's ideas and modifying them but zippo talent on coming up with anything new.

Yeah, I was playing around with the words "Mickey" "magic" "mexico".....something to do with the Magic finally being back in Caribbean in the summer.

I've got to talk to my TA about the deposits for this cruise. We rebooked onboard a dummy date for December 2008 to transfer over to 2009 and it looks like DCL forgot to transfer my deposit over to 2009 because I just got billed for another deposit.

I haven't gotten my confirmation yet from my TA so maybe DCL just charged the deposit twice to the same sailing date.
Aug 2005 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 2006 DCL Double Dip;
Aug 2007 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 17,2008 Wonder B2B - triple dip to CC
Aug 22, 2009 Magic western
Aug 22, 2010 Wonder & WDW
Ski-and-Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-19-2007, 11:01 AM   #18
Maza
Mouseketeer

hope you get your deposit sorted....we didnt rebook on last cruise...long story, involving vodka and sunstoke...a bad combination! Probably cost us around $1000 in total....get a lot of bahama mamas for that , but what the hell. Bygones..
Old 12-19-2007, 11:03 AM   #19
Ski-and-Sea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
hope you get your deposit sorted....we didnt rebook on last cruise...long story, involving vodka and sunstoke...a bad combination! Probably cost us around $1000 in total....get a lot of bahama mamas for that , but what the hell. Bygones..

lessons learned.....
Aug 2005 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 2006 DCL Double Dip;
Aug 2007 Wonder & WDW;
Old 12-19-2007, 05:33 PM   #20
JoiseyMom
Have you had your SPANX today???
I mean, peep poop should be shiny and colored!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski-and-Sea View Post
We're booked!!!!

It was either this cruise or the 15th Aug but our schedule is better for the 22nd cruise.

We are so excited to be going back to Cozumel again. That was the deal clincher. We did the double dip western back in 2006 and did a snorkeling excursion with Eagle Ray Divers and had a fantastic time. So we want to do it again.

We cannot believe that the Magic is back in the Caribbean. We were actually looking at other cruise lines for August 2009. So this is a nice Christmas present from DCL.

Its me, DH and DS (14 on this cruise) and DD (13 on this cruise). So both kids will be in the Stack.

I just found the thread, I am still unpacking from last weeks cruise! I just told DD, and she is very excited to hang out with your DD again.

Hey everyone, it will be me, DH, DD 13 and DS 8.
2005 August - Surprise Trip for kids!! CSR; 2006 August - Surprise Trip for kids at CSR again!! 2007 August - 3 nite Wonder & AKL FD 3peat!!
2007 December 8 - 7nite Eastern on the Magic! 2008 August 17 DCL Magic EB Panama Canal; March 2011 WDW trip with friends. 2012 Aug 25 DCL Bahamas Magic from NYC;2012 Sept 12 DCL Canadian Magic;2013 Aug AKL Kidani;2013 Aug DCL Fantasy

I am Poohtiful and Poohlicious!!!! Have you had your Spanx today???
JoiseyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 05:58 PM   #21
JoiseyMom

Quote:
Fantastic....our DD will be 13 and 15 on the cruise (sorry....i didnt introduce myself...I am Fluffy Bunnys DW- very dear, especially when i want to book holidays..lol)
We had our first DCL experience in August...and have been waiting with baited breath for the 2009 dates (we knew 2008 was a non-starter for us, what with airfare and the compulsory 2 weeks in Florida before Cruise (atleast thats what DH thinks...shhhhh ...dont tell him! )

So we will board the Magic 2 years and 1 day after coming off the Wonder. I cant wait!

so...you up for DISmeet? Fish Extending? Big style pirates ? any other ideas that us relative newbys still dont know about? I am sooooooooooo...happy we have booked. A reason to get out of bed in the morning, especially in Winter. I start work at stupid o'clock...its always easier with something to look forward to...even if it is 20 months away

So, welcome aboard shipmates
We were on our first DCL this August. We did a 3 nite on the Wonder with the kids. DH and I just got off the Magic this past Saturday too.
2005 August - Surprise Trip for kids!! CSR; 2006 August - Surprise Trip for kids at CSR again!! 2007 August - 3 nite Wonder & AKL FD 3peat!!
2007 December 8 - 7nite Eastern on the Magic! 2008 August 17 DCL Magic EB Panama Canal; March 2011 WDW trip with friends. 2012 Aug 25 DCL Bahamas Magic from NYC;2012 Sept 12 DCL Canadian Magic;2013 Aug AKL Kidani;2013 Aug DCL Fantasy

Old 12-20-2007, 07:26 AM   #22
Ski-and-Sea
DIS Veteran

Joiseymom.......YAAAAAAAY!!!!! That's great you booked this cruise. Kristine will be so excited. Both girls will be in the Stack. I'm not worried about Kristine being in the Stack but more her brother who gets a lot of attention by teen age girls who make interesting comments to him.

I was so jealous you got to cruise the Magic this month. Glad you got to experience the 7-night cruise. Was it a western or eastern?

My TA emailed me last night and said DCL charged me twice for the deposits so I've got both deposits already credited for this cruise. Oh well, forced savings.

I was playing around for theme ideas.....something like "Mickeys Magical Mexican Maniacs" sort of thing.

Christmas shopping is done....presents wrapped.....now food shopping for next week.
Aug 2005 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 2006 DCL Double Dip;
Aug 2007 Wonder & WDW;
Old 12-20-2007, 07:42 AM   #23
JoiseyMom

Quote:
Joiseymom.......YAAAAAAAY!!!!! That's great you booked this cruise. Kristine will be so excited. Both girls will be in the Stack. I'm not worried about Kristine being in the Stack but more her brother who gets a lot of attention by teen age girls who make interesting comments to him.

I was so jealous you got to cruise the Magic this month. Glad you got to experience the 7-night cruise. Was it a western or eastern?

My TA emailed me last night and said DCL charged me twice for the deposits so I've got both deposits already credited for this cruise. Oh well, forced savings.

I was playing around for theme ideas.....something like "Mickeys Magical Mexican Maniacs" sort of thing.

Christmas shopping is done....presents wrapped.....now food shopping for next week.
We did the Eastern and it was wonderful!! It was a no brainer..they dropped the price for the cat 12's to 599/person. DH could get off work, MIL could watch the kids (yes this was a vacation), DS 24 could watch the pets, airfare was cheap... It was great! We got to try the Magic and are so looking forward to this coming August with the kids. We were able to book a CAT 10 in the EB on Dec 7.

I told Rachel last nite when I read your post, and she started screaming with happiness! Then she realized she would be 13 that summer and was like, wow, I will be haning in the stack!! Should be a fun time!!

I like the Maniacs portion!! DH calls us a Cult!! But he did have as much time with our Diser Dining partners as I did. We linked ressies with 13 other diser's, and they split us into 2 tables right next to each other. Our table we all had cabins next to each other. Our server at first though we were all together and were family or freinds that knew each other. He was rather suprised when he found out that we first really met on the ship, but had spoken online only!!

Well off to work I go!!

Old 12-20-2007, 06:51 PM   #24
Ski-and-Sea
DIS Veteran

Wow - you're doing the panama canal cruise?!!?!?!?

We thought long and hard about it and the timing just didn't fit with our schedule so we booked back-to-back Wonder cruises leaving the very same day (Aug 17).

I told Kristine the news about this cruise and her screams of joy darn near shattered the windows.

We have late dining for this cruise.
Aug 2005 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 2006 DCL Double Dip;
Aug 2007 Wonder & WDW;
Old 12-20-2007, 07:10 PM   #25
JoiseyMom

Quote:
Wow - you're doing the panama canal cruise?!!?!?!?

We thought long and hard about it and the timing just didn't fit with our schedule so we booked back-to-back Wonder cruises leaving the very same day (Aug 17).

I told Kristine the news about this cruise and her screams of joy darn near shattered the windows.

We have late dining for this cruise.

I wanted to book the Panama Canal cruise when we were on the Wonder, but of course it was sold out. I was told that they had over booked by 30% and there were no waitlists anywhere. The end of August is when we can go, after camp and before school. The kids will miss the last week of camp to go on the cruise though, since camp is starting later than I thought, because school is ending later.

The day the 2009 dates were released I read a post here that the EB had openings. I went to check it out and they were gone already. I got a pm from a TA who had some ressies on hold that they were giving up the next day, and the TA was able to get me the cat 10 for the 4 of us . Now I have to figure out airfare to CA!! And hopefully be able to get in early to visit our DS who lives in LA county .

We have main dining for both cruises. We just had late dining last week, and DH and I decided that it was too late for us. We didn't enjoy finishing dinner at 10:15 at nite.

Old 12-21-2007, 12:04 PM   #26
Ski-and-Sea
DIS Veteran

Aaaaaaahhhh, I tried to post this last night and the DIS boards kept going into a coma.

Returning on Labor Day was the deal killer for us for the PC cruise. Plus, we're celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary in 2009 so we want to focus more on that.

That said, I am envious you are going, sounds like a great group of DISers. Truly a TOAL cruise.

I cannot believe rooms opened up this early, I, too, heard that the cruise was oversold by 30%. That's a lot of cancellations.

We choose late dinner seating because we don't want to be rushed getting ready for dinner plus we tend to stay late onshore during excursions. The last western we did the Captain changed the departure time in Cozumel to 1:00am. I asked him about that the next day and he said he did it as a gift to the CMs so that they could stay off the ship longer. But they have to travel in pairs for safety.

Captain said at 12:30am there was still 150 people off the ship.

Yes, the downside of late dining is that dinners go past 10pm.

Hmmm....still playing with the idea of a slogan. I like the words "Mexican" and "maniacs". We should throw in "mojitos" as we are passing around Cuba.

Oh, remember to pack the binoculars as the ships sails pretty close to Cuba on the way to Grand Cayman, not so on the way to Castaway Cay.
Aug 2005 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 2006 DCL Double Dip;
Aug 2007 Wonder & WDW;
Old 12-24-2007, 01:28 PM   #27
Ski-and-Sea
DIS Veteran

Merry Christmas everyone and all the best in 2008

87 weeks till we cruise (rounding up).
Aug 2005 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 2006 DCL Double Dip;
Aug 2007 Wonder & WDW;
Old 12-30-2007, 03:08 PM   #28
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne
I can't get my mouth to say healthy things

DISboards Moderator

Happy New Year to you all!!
We will be joining you on the Magic Aug 2009.
Not had time to read all posts but will give you info about us then read them all later.
It will be myself Wayne, DW Karen and DS Mathew who will be 15. We are from the UK but spend about 60 days a year over in US (usually near a Disney park). We have done 1 x 4 night on Wonder, 2 x 7 night's on Magic (both East and West) also going back on Wonder in a few week (30th Mar).
Last 7 nighter we did we had a great DisTag group. The Western itinery we did before was disrupted with hurricanes so we did not do GC so looking forward to there. We considered doing the week before this one with the new itinery but a few things swayed us to the 22nd including bagging a SPR.
Think thats enough for now.
  • 2005(Oct) Disney Magic + BW Lakeside, 2005 (Xmas) BW Lakeside, 2006(Aug) Courtyard By Marriott LBV + 1st RCCL cruise,
  • 2006(Oct) Disneyland, Cailfornia Howard Johnson, 2006(Xmas)Comfort Inn LBV,2007(Easter)Fairfield Inn, Marriott Village
  • 2007(Aug)Courtyard By Marriott LBV, 2007(Oct) Disneyland CA, HoJo/Vegas, Flamingo,2008(Easter) Windsor Hills, Disney Wonder, Fairfield Inn
  • 2008(Aug)Country Inn, 2nd RCCL, AKL, 2008(Oct)& 2008(Xmas)Fairfield Inn, 2009(May)Country Inn 2009(Aug)OKW, Disney Magic, Regal Sun
  • 2010(Easter) Hampton Inn LBV 2010(Aug) Royal Pacific & OKW 2011(Feb)H.I. Express LBV 2011(Aug)OKW, Disney Dream, HI DTD
  • 2011(Oct) Fairfield Inn 2012(Aug) Fairfield Inn, OKW 2012(Nov) Fairfield Inn 2013(Apr) Fairfield Inn LBV 2013(Aug) Swan & ESA LBV 2013(Oct) ESA LBV
  • 2014(Jul) Hilton Garden Inn LBV 2014(Sept) Disney Magic 14nt WBTA, Wyndham Bonnet Creek

Last edited by wayneg; 04-21-2008 at 02:52 PM.
wayneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 06:08 PM   #29
fluffy bunny
Mouseketeer

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE FROM THE UK

Big Ben has just struck midnight and the fireworks are going off here in Stafford and accross the UK judging by the TV.

We can now officially say we are sailing Next Year

Dave & Maria
(Fluffy Bunny and Maza)
Old 12-31-2007, 06:27 PM   #30
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne
I can't get my mouth to say healthy things

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffy bunny View Post
We can now officially say we are sailing Next Year

Dave & Maria
(Fluffy Bunny and Maza)
It will be here before you know it.
Its 7 years since we spent a NYE in UK, can't believe how many fireworks went off. Was like being at EPCOT last year.
  • 2005(Oct) Disney Magic + BW Lakeside, 2005 (Xmas) BW Lakeside, 2006(Aug) Courtyard By Marriott LBV + 1st RCCL cruise,
  • 2006(Oct) Disneyland, Cailfornia Howard Johnson, 2006(Xmas)Comfort Inn LBV,2007(Easter)Fairfield Inn, Marriott Village
  • 2007(Aug)Courtyard By Marriott LBV, 2007(Oct) Disneyland CA, HoJo/Vegas, Flamingo,2008(Easter) Windsor Hills, Disney Wonder, Fairfield Inn
  • 2008(Aug)Country Inn, 2nd RCCL, AKL, 2008(Oct)& 2008(Xmas)Fairfield Inn, 2009(May)Country Inn 2009(Aug)OKW, Disney Magic, Regal Sun
  • 2010(Easter) Hampton Inn LBV 2010(Aug) Royal Pacific & OKW 2011(Feb)H.I. Express LBV 2011(Aug)OKW, Disney Dream, HI DTD
  • 2011(Oct) Fairfield Inn 2012(Aug) Fairfield Inn, OKW 2012(Nov) Fairfield Inn 2013(Apr) Fairfield Inn LBV 2013(Aug) Swan & ESA LBV 2013(Oct) ESA LBV
  • 2014(Jul) Hilton Garden Inn LBV 2014(Sept) Disney Magic 14nt WBTA, Wyndham Bonnet Creek
wayneg is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: