Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-11-2007, 01:06 AM   #91
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Williamstown, KY
Posts: 17,715

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
. To be fair, a good deal of the credit goes to Mom getting her reservations in order-apparently "we'll be there next month" is a good motivational tool.
That gave me a good laugh.

Quote:
This time next month, I'll be back at my room, having been to AK, and MGM earlier in the day.
Nice.....
jordanyosh is offline  
Old 11-11-2007, 09:00 AM   #92
abbybeth
DIS Veteran
 
abbybeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Mitten State
Posts: 945

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy View Post

This time next month, I'll be back at my room, having been to AK, and MGM earlier in the day.
isn't that the BEST game? I did that for over a month before our trip - at this time we'll be eating lunch here, or we'll be doing this or be in this park ... it definitely helps pass the time


it's SO SO SO close!
__________________
abbybeth is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-13-2007, 06:19 PM   #93
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn
 
Hedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,134

So Allears.net listed the MVMCP schedule today:
Holiday Wishes--Celebrate the Spirit of the Season: 9:30 p.m.

Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime Parade: 8:15, 10:30 p.m.

Mickey's 'Twas the Night Before Christmas' Show: 7, 8, 9, 10:15 and 11:15 p.m.

Celebrate the Season Show - 7:45, 10:05 and 11:30 p.m. at the Castle Forecourt Stage

Belle's Enchanted Christmas Story: 7:15, 8:10, 10:00 and 11:15pm

I'm thinking I'll aim for the first Celebrate the Seasons show, first parade (go to second if the first is too crowded), holiday Wishes. then either the 10:15 or 11:15 Twas the night before Xmas.

Should I try to see Belle's story time (solo adult)? Any thoughts?

PS-One month from right now I'll be at LeCellier. :
__________________
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten


Hedy is offline  
Old 11-14-2007, 01:41 PM   #94
OhioTony
DIS Veteran
 
OhioTony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: ohio
Posts: 1,309

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
So Allears.net listed the MVMCP schedule today:
Holiday Wishes--Celebrate the Spirit of the Season: 9:30 p.m.

Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime Parade: 8:15, 10:30 p.m.

Mickey's 'Twas the Night Before Christmas' Show: 7, 8, 9, 10:15 and 11:15 p.m.

Celebrate the Season Show - 7:45, 10:05 and 11:30 p.m. at the Castle Forecourt Stage

Belle's Enchanted Christmas Story: 7:15, 8:10, 10:00 and 11:15pm

I'm thinking I'll aim for the first Celebrate the Seasons show, first parade (go to second if the first is too crowded), holiday Wishes. then either the 10:15 or 11:15 Twas the night before Xmas.

Should I try to see Belle's story time (solo adult)? Any thoughts?

PS-One month from right now I'll be at LeCellier. :
Thanks so much for posting the times! Any idea on the times yet for the storytellers in Epcot?

PS 4 weeks from right now I will be heading to the Magic Kingdom for Dinner at Liberty Tree and the Christmas Party!
__________________
(2001)WILDERNESS CABINS,(2002)DISNEY WONDER,(2003)-THAT OTHER PLACE IN ORLANDO!,(2004)CARRIBEAN BEACH RESORT,(2005)-POP CENTURY,(2006)THAT OTHER PLACE IN ORLANDO!,(2007)PORT ORLEANS-FRENCH QUARTER!,(2008) Liberty of the Seas,(2009)-Coronado Springs in September!
OhioTony is offline  
Old 11-14-2007, 02:17 PM   #95
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn
 
Hedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,134

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioTony View Post
Thanks so much for posting the times! Any idea on the times yet for the storytellers in Epcot?

PS 4 weeks from right now I will be heading to the Magic Kingdom for Dinner at Liberty Tree and the Christmas Party!
I haven't seen one.

I will be at DTD, readying myself for Planet Hollywood and the AC.
__________________
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten


Hedy is offline  
Old 11-14-2007, 08:28 PM   #96
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn
 
Hedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,134

Oh, look, I've become banal daily updates pre-trip report girl. I studied WDW Poly Princess' TR's today at work though, so one can hope I'll improve (plus, I'm going to DollarTree and Target this weekend, so at least I'll have new stuff to take pictures of at that time).

Anyway, the menu for Yaking Yeti, I mean, Yak and Yeti is up, and I am underwhelmed (I didn't really see any veggie options, why the AK is the least veggie friendly park I will never know). Ergo, my Monday plan looks like this:
Monday, December 10
EMH at AK. Ride EE, grab Kali fast passes. Ride Safari. Ride Kali. Hang out in DinoLand. Grab snack. Look at animals. See Parade. Head to MGM. Grab fast pass for RnR or ToT. Eat at ABC Commissary. See Fantasmic. See Osboune Lights. Go back to POFQ. Grab snack at POFQ.

In other news, now that I'm taking my tour, it looks like I may not be using one park day on my 8 day park hopper. I'm considering adding to expiration to my ticket because of that, plus I would then have 5 plus options left, enabling me to buy straight park hoppers for my next trip (plus I'd have my 3 day park hopper from this package).
__________________
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten


Hedy is offline  
Old 11-15-2007, 06:50 PM   #97
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn
 
Hedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,134

Chapter 12: Needess Exposition, or how I learned to stop emoing and love the Yule

In picking up stuff for my DIS ornament exchange and SR Christmas exchange people yesterday, I realized thereís some long exposition I forgot to inflict on the internets.

See, I didnít used to be a Christmas person, really. I didnít actively dislike it (well, those years I worked in retail I did -you ask me, Scrooge worked in retail for many years), but I wasnít one of ďthose dang Christmas people.Ē Oh, I liked getting people presents, and cider, and the routine of putting up the tree, but it wasnít a big thing for me.

As Iíve mentioned before, my father died on December 11, 2004. As he was dying, I remember asking my mother ďare we doomed to become those people who are depressed around the holidays?Ē The question seemed rhetorical.

And then it was December 2005. I was interning at a cognitive therapy program on decision-making programs and choices for inmates at a jail near my college. And it occurred to me that I had a choice: I could become a person whoís depressed around the holidays (and thereís nothing wrong with that) or I could accept Christmas and December as a microcosm of life as a whole.

Sure, the first weeks of December are filled with ďtoday x years I learned death was imminentĒ and Iím bratty and cranky and sad (see also, why Iím off to The Happiest Place on Earth in December). Then Christmas comes, and there are stockings to fill and food to cook and kiddos to hug. And at the end of December, Iíve got a solid, loving family thatís willing to try to carry on as we can. And at the end thatís all that matters.

And that, dear reader, is how I became a dang Christmas person.

</needless exposition>

Iím minorly bummed the Samantha Brown and Food Network Christmas at WDW are on after I leave, then I realized Iíll be at WDW-I donít need any stinking special. (I may DVR them, though)
__________________
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten


Hedy is offline  
Old 11-16-2007, 12:11 AM   #98
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Williamstown, KY
Posts: 17,715

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
In picking up stuff for my DIS ornament exchange and SR Christmas exchange people yesterday, I realized thereís some long exposition I forgot to inflict on the internets.

See, I didnít used to be a Christmas person, really. I didnít actively dislike it (well, those years I worked in retail I did -you ask me, Scrooge worked in retail for many years), but I wasnít one of ďthose dang Christmas people.Ē Oh, I liked getting people presents, and cider, and the routine of putting up the tree, but it wasnít a big thing for me.

As Iíve mentioned before, my father died on December 11, 2004. As he was dying, I remember asking my mother ďare we doomed to become those people who are depressed around the holidays?Ē The question seemed rhetorical.

And then it was December 2005. I was interning at a cognitive therapy program on decision-making programs and choices for inmates at a jail near my college. And it occurred to me that I had a choice: I could become a person whoís depressed around the holidays (and thereís nothing wrong with that) or I could accept Christmas and December as a microcosm of life as a whole.

Sure, the first weeks of December are filled with ďtoday x years I learned death was imminentĒ and Iím bratty and cranky and sad (see also, why Iím off to The Happiest Place on Earth in December). Then Christmas comes, and there are stockings to fill and food to cook and kiddos to hug. And at the end of December, Iíve got a solid, loving family thatís willing to try to carry on as we can. And at the end thatís all that matters.

And that, dear reader, is how I became a dang Christmas person.

</needless exposition>

Iím minorly bummed the Samantha Brown and Food Network Christmas at WDW are on after I leave, then I realized Iíll be at WDW-I donít need any stinking special. (I may DVR them, though)
Not needless at all. It just helps us all know you a bit better.

jordanyosh is offline  
Old 11-16-2007, 08:04 AM   #99
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love
 
KathyRN137's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 7,886

May I just say that, on behalf of myself and the other members of the Dang Christmas People Society, that we accept your application and welcome you into our Society with tidings of great comfort and joy.

God rest ye, Merry Gentlewoman!

Kathy

Last edited by KathyRN137; 11-16-2007 at 08:27 AM.
KathyRN137 is offline  
Old 11-16-2007, 11:18 AM   #100
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn
 
Hedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,134

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
May I just say that, on behalf of myself and the other members of the Dang Christmas People Society, that we accept your application and welcome you into our Society with tidings of great comfort and joy.

God rest ye, Merry Gentlewoman!

Kathy
Why thank you.
__________________
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten


Hedy is offline  
Old 11-17-2007, 07:11 PM   #101
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn
 
Hedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,134

So today was the day of the obligatory Target and Dollar Tree trip. It was very successful (I did Momís stocking/St. Nicholas Day shopping as well, and I picked up part of YoungerNephewís Xmas present just in case I donít see anything for him in WDW). At Dollar Tree, I got a copious amount of glow stuff. I figure what I donít use in WDW I can use on NYE with the boysÖright? Except for the fact we donít have them booked yetÖoh well. I also picked up some light up Xmas pins for Mom and I to wear on our trip. I was kind of disappointed, other people on the boards had reported getting Disney Xmas window clings there but I didnít see any Disney ones-I guess Iíll just have LGMHís on my window.
At Target, I got a lot of toiletries, and travel sized stuff. I have Gold Bond Powder, generic Benadryl cream and generic calamine lotion-can you tell Iím trying to fight getting heat rash again? I also have Airborne, and some Christmas stuff. I opted to get a Christmassy sweatshirt or T-shirt at WDW rather than Target. I also picked up moleskin and blister band-aids. My cool locking pin backs also came today.
I made my mousekeeping envelopes today. Yippie!
We watched the Travel Channel WDW show this week. It was very helpful to my planning. I learned Mom wants to see HM and POTC (which I knew), I also got her excited about Philharmagic. Sheís not dying to go on Soariní again, which is good because I was worried about it since weíre going to Epcot in the afternoon. She also wants to go on Kali River Rapids if itís not too cold, which surprised me-I didnít think she liked it that much (I thought she liked Soariní better than Kali, if that makes any sense).
To-Do
*Go to Dollar tree-get glow jewelry -check!
*Book Momís rental car-check[
*Book Momís Key West hotel-check
*Fill out Passporter-Check
*Cashout for last SR rewards before I go-check, and I even got an extra one in thanks to Crazy Credits last week.
*Order Disney Rewards Card-Done!

Before December 1:
*Soak LGMHís
*Get covers to stick on LGMHís and ADR list, and maybe clingy window stuff
*Decorate Mousekeeping envelopes-Theyíre blah, but done
*Buy M&M tubes done

*Buy spray sunscreen-may be procured, thanks to Abbybeth
*Get things for MamaKatís St. Nicholas Day presents-done
*Soak pennies

Rash-fighting, blister-fighting, little flashlight and light up pin.

Glow stuff!
__________________
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten


Hedy is offline  
Old 11-17-2007, 07:32 PM   #102
abbybeth
DIS Veteran
 
abbybeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Mitten State
Posts: 945

a package was sent out to you today! let me know when it arrives!
__________________
abbybeth is offline  
Old 11-17-2007, 07:59 PM   #103
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Williamstown, KY
Posts: 17,715

Nice. I LOVE buying sundries for my trip. It's a rush.

I do have to comment on the statement about non Veggie choices at AK. I too am bummed about that. They had a great Grilled Veggie Sandwich on Foccacia bread at the Tusker House, but it's a buffet now so...
jordanyosh is offline  
Old 11-18-2007, 03:04 PM   #104
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn
 
Hedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
Oh, look, I've become banal daily updates pre-trip report girl. I studied WDW Poly Princess' TR's today at work though, so one can hope I'll improve (plus, I'm going to DollarTree and Target this weekend, so at least I'll have new stuff to take pictures of at that time).

Anyway, the menu for Yaking Yeti, I mean, Yak and Yeti is up, and I am underwhelmed (I didn't really see any veggie options, why the AK is the least veggie friendly park I will never know). Ergo, my Monday plan looks like this:
Monday, December 10
EMH at AK. Ride EE, grab Kali fast passes. Ride Safari. Ride Kali. Hang out in DinoLand. Grab snack. Look at animals. See Parade. Head to MGM. Grab fast pass for RnR or ToT. Eat at ABC Commissary. See Fantasmic. See Osboune Lights. Go back to POFQ. Grab snack at POFQ.

In other news, now that I'm taking my tour, it looks like I may not be using one park day on my 8 day park hopper. I'm considering adding to expiration to my ticket because of that, plus I would then have 5 plus options left, enabling me to buy straight park hoppers for my next trip (plus I'd have my 3 day park hopper from this package).
Oh, the best laid plan of mice and men....
I logged onto AllEars today because I'm entering their Illumination Viewing contest. I noticed that the menu for Tusker House was up. I figured I might as well check it out, why not. Hmm...miniBoma....sounds good. Unlike Yaking Yeti, they have a whole vegetarian section.
So anyway, I cancelled my Asherkus ADR, and will instead be going to Tusker House for lunch on my AK/MGM day.
__________________
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten


Hedy is offline  
Old 11-19-2007, 06:00 AM   #105
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love
 
KathyRN137's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 7,886

Heather,

If you like to talk to tomatoes,
If a squash can make you smile,
If you like to walk with potatoes,
Up and down the produce aisle,

...have we got a meal for you!!


(Freely adapted from the Vegggie Tales theme song.)

Glad you found a place to graze in Africa....

Kathy
KathyRN137 is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.