Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2007, 10:34 AM   #1
IjustWanttoGo
I want my ears already!

Talking How do you make a COOL Pre-Trippie?? **10/4 IT'S NOT CANCELED HOORAY!**

Hello my fellow Disers!
This is my first TR of any kind, and after lurking since 03' and seeing all the wonderfully well-written reports I have finally decided to do one of my own. I'm admittedly not one of the best writers ever but I do love the DIS and absolutely could not resist making my for myself! I have lived in South Florida my whole life and have been to the World so many times I can't even count. But,I do hope that you all will enjoy reading it as much as I will enjoy writing it! .
I hope no one minds that I'm going to do my Pre-trippie a little differently.I am going to Disney for four days November 4th-8th with my DBF, Dad, and Stepmom for my Dad's birthday! But before I get to that I would like to take a look back, where my love affair with Disney World first began...1989, my first trip when I was 5 years old. Before we begin I better start with the usual cast introduction...

Me (23) Ariel- lover of all things Disney related (especially the DIS) and dreaming of one day being a Disney bride
DBF (25) Eric- The best DBF any girl could ask for, we have been together for 4 1/2 years and known each other for 10, we just bought our first house and we're ready for that vacation!
Dad- It will be his birthday we will be celebrating (and of course the any given excuse to go to the world hehe)
Stepmom She loves Disney just as much as me!!

Some CM's that may show up...

Athena- my sister. She is 7 years older than me and my very best friend!
Flounder- my sisters son. He is 7 and one of THE coolest kids I know!
My mom - We used to have yearly Disney trips with her and my stepdad until they moved far away to Alabama.
Shall we begin with the pictures...

Come Check Out My Very FIRST Pre Trippie!

Please Read Me!! (I feel silly writing to myself here )

R.I.P. Graham. You were a very loved puppy.

Boo! Thanks xoMinnieox!

Last edited by IjustWanttoGo; 10-04-2007 at 09:16 AM.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:48 AM   #2
IjustWanttoGo
I want my ears already!

A Look Back...

After becoming inspired by all the great pictures on the boards, at Disney from long ago to recent I decided to browse through my own photo album (and dig interminably through boxes in the attic) to search for pictures of my first adventures at the world...and so it begins... (I'm sorry if the pics are too big, I'm still trying t figure out how to resize them.)

This is me, at the tender age of 5 years old, 1989. I have no idea what I'm doing here but I sure do look excited to be at Disney!!

This is me, Pluto with some sweet space boots, and my sister who was 12 at the time. So eighties, check out those acid washed guess jeans and super rad reeboks! Tubular!!!

Here is my Dad, and Chip or Dale whoever doesn't have the red nose (I can't tell, I know shame on me!) My sister and me. Apparently I was enchanted by the shiny silver space pants...ooh..ahh!

Now I don't remember much about this trip but I do remember being absolutely terrified of Gepetto. He was a big scary man to me, but somehow my mom convinced me to go up to him (after some tears I do believe) The kid behind me looks like he doesn't like him either!

Boo! Thanks xoMinnieox!

Last edited by IjustWanttoGo; 09-19-2007 at 07:12 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2007, 12:13 PM   #3
Phedre
I only like to blink while the road is fully paved and bright!

Hehehe I love all your photos and your comments on them.. too cute :D I've just started scanning in all of my super old WDW trip photos, too. They are so much fun to look back and see how much everything and everyone has changed. Looking forward to reading more! :D

82 off-site * Mar 86 CR * Apr 87 Poly * Dec 87 Poly * Mar 89 CBR * Dec 90 CBR * Mar 93 CBR * Mar 94 PO * Apr 95 ASMu * Nov 95 CBR * Mar 96 WL * Dec 97 CBR * Jan 00 off-site * Feb 00 All Stars * 2000 College Program * Mar 00 CSR * May 00 DI * Dec 00 off-site * July 02 BC Conc. * Nov 02 Poly Conc. * Mar 03 CBR * Aug 03 ASSports * Oct 03 CBR * Dec 03 CBR * Apr 04 off-site * Oct 04 Pop * May 05 FW Cabin * Oct 05 Poly * Jan 06 AKL * May 06 CR * Oct 06 POR * Oct 07 AKV (TR here) * Jan 08 AKV - 1/2 Marathon 3:08 (TR here)* May 08 BCV (DH's TR here) * Oct 08 AKV/OKW * Oct 09 BCV * May 10 AKV * Oct 10 DCL/BLT * Dec 10 AKV/OKW/CBR (yup, split stay 3 way, lol)* Feb 11 BWV * May 11 BLT * Oct 11 BCV * Jan 12 AKV *
***Next Up - May 12 SSR ***
Old 09-14-2007, 12:18 PM   #4
IjustWanttoGo
I want my ears already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phedre View Post
Hehehe I love all your photos and your comments on them.. too cute :D I've just started scanning in all of my super old WDW trip photos, too. They are so much fun to look back and see how much everything and everyone has changed. Looking forward to reading more! :D
yay! I have a reader (and I get to use the quote button hehe ahh the little things) Yah, I just got a scanner so now I'm going crazy with all my old pics. It's so much fun. Thanks for reading. I will be updating often because I only work nights. I hope you'll stay tuned

Boo! Thanks xoMinnieox!

Old 09-14-2007, 02:59 PM   #5
IjustWanttoGo
I want my ears already!

I'm just about to go to work, and have some time, so I'm gonna post some more pics. My pre-trippie will be over before it even begins at this rate lol.

Giddy-up horsey! I think I was making "clipity clop" sounds here

Meeting the mouse for the first time, I brought him flowers

Here is me and my pops! He is wearing my mickey ears, backwards! I guess that was cool then.

I still have those ears!...see! They fit a little differently these days

P.S. Thats me now by the way, and probably not the best picture ever haha!

Well I better go to work now but as mickey would say, "I'll see ya real soon"...yah I'm a certified Dis Dork! Until tomorrow!

Boo! Thanks xoMinnieox!

Old 09-17-2007, 10:54 AM   #6
IjustWanttoGo
I want my ears already!

Well, I'm pretty much writing this to entertain myself now, but what the hey! Only 1 month, 2 weeks and 4 days togo (or 48 days)! Whoo Hoo! I am so ready to go! I havent been to Disney since 04' and I think I'm starting to have disney withdrawls!! So I have just recently recieved in the mail my brand new Ariel Disney Visa! Yippy!! Also I got my very own, super cool personalized park maps, and my planning vacation DVD...oh not to mention my tickets from AAA! I am stocked and even more excited, hehe. We are staying at Fort Wilderness in a tent. Originally I did not want to do this. I wanted to stay at POP but my DBF, as sweet and wonderful as he is, is a full on cheap-O!!! He says that he doesn't see any point in spending any amount of money to just sleep in a bed. Silly DBF it is about the experience!I told him we must stay on property though, that was without question. So as I researched on the DIS I don't think camping in the Fort in November will be so bad, and we can have S'mores! Yummy. Besides if it gets too hot or cramped I told my DBF I'll be staying with the rents' (who are staying at the poly..no fair!)

Up next, how I came to find this wonderful thing called the DIS...

Boo! Thanks xoMinnieox!

Last edited by IjustWanttoGo; 09-19-2007 at 07:04 AM.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:24 AM   #7
IjustWanttoGo
I want my ears already!

And then there were...hurricanes?

Well I'm hoping that I have some entertained lurkers (maybe?) So I'll continue onward! Now let me tell you a little about my last vacation to the world...

My last trip to Disney was 2004 (far too long ago if you ask me). I was trying to plan the trip as a surprise for my DBF since he had only been to Disney twice and one time was only MK (I know, thats blasphamey!). Now being the Disney veteran that I like to think of myself as, I began researching online how to go about planning said surprise vacation. I went ahead and purchased our 4 day park hopper passes at AAA. At the time they were having a really awesome deal for FL residents called "Play for 4 days hopper" for only $110 each. Hooray, tickets sucessfully purchased at a great price! (side note, now the fl resident deal is play for 3 days no hopping for $120 , Blah!) Great, our vacation was starting to take shape. I then booked our room at AsMU for Sept 3-6. I wanted to stay at POP but they were all booked, so no biggie, AsMU it was!
Well as the days crept closer and closer so did.....Hurricanes!!
Here is Frances, saying quite clearly that I was not going to Disney!

So after crying my eyes out I called up disney to reschedule in hopes of saving this vacation. We were going to Disney World, hurricane or not!! So I re-booked and this time they only had AsMO, which i was happier with and our dates were now Sep 25-28. Surely hurricanes only happen once in a great while....right?? Not two weekends in a row....RIGHT?!? Wrong!!
Jeanne decided to roll on through

Now I was beginning to feel as if this trip just wasn't going to happen and I had to tell my DBF the plan. After talking to him about it we decide to give it another try. So once again I called Disney to re-schedule...again! This time I called to book for Oct 2-5. October, that is a good solid month and hopefully all this menacing weather would stay far far away! So I'm talking to a nice enough CM when they inform me that they will not carry over my rates from my previous bookings because October is now season! What?! I explained, of course, that it just wasn't fair because I could not go because of natural disasters that just happened to occur every other week! So I hang up with a room reserved at POP with no discounts whatsoever (not even a FL resident) and a charge that went from 166.00 to 285.00!! This was turning in to the worst trip ever and it had not even begun! So online I search to find any kind of a deal. As I am relentlessly paging through website, after website I stumble upon the greatest thing ever to happen to a disney distressed girl such as me......The Dis.....

Coming up next...will we ever get to go, will there be any more hurricanes blocking my Disney path? Will the Dis save this doomed vacation?? Stay tuned....

Boo! Thanks xoMinnieox!

Old 09-20-2007, 11:03 AM   #8
IjustWanttoGo
I want my ears already!

And then there was DIS!

As I am searching amongst thousands of Disney'esque sites I find myself at the holy grail, the Dis! I stumble across a board about discounts and codes and one mentioned is a promotional mcdonalds, room only discount for my exact dates! Could it be true?! I dialed up disney right away with new found hope.The call probably went a little something like this...

::ring,ring::
~Insert grainy Disney music here~

CM- "Disney World!"

Me- "Hello friendly CM, I have a reservation and I would like to see if this BAP code is available to use for my dates?"

CM- "It sure is, That will be $55 dollars a night!"

Me- (in shock) "It will?! Hooray! I love you friendly CM and I love this new found website known as the DIS!"

-Ok so maybe the conversation didn't go exactly like that, but you get the idea.
In fact i just searched for that post and found my response after I got the code discount....
"I LOVE YOU, I LOVE THIS WEBSITE YOU ARE ALL WONDERFUL PEOPLE!!
YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST AND I AM SO HAPPY I FOUND THIS WEBSITE TODAY!!!!! BECAUSE OF YOU AWESOME DISNEY FANS I GOT MY ROOM AT POP FOR 55 A NIGHT! I am so happy I am shaking. Thank you so much for the BAP code and the 1-800 number you guys really made my day. If you see my above post you can tell why I am so thankful for you guys. Its really been a hassle going to Disney and I really wanted this to be special for my DBF so I wasnt going to give up. You guys are wonderful! Thank you!
-A Happy Disney Fan!!!!
"

To say the least I was finally getting excited about this trip! And I'm sure that had I known about the dis before that post, I would have definetly added some whoo hoo smilies and dancing bananas!Alright so I had tickets, reservations at POP for only 55 a night (in regular season! )...now will the weather behave??

Here's a couple of pages from our photo album of that trip..

*I just love those Mr. Potato Head ones* hehe
So it turned out, that when we finally got to go (all because of this wonderful thing, the Dis) it was the best vacation we ever had to this date! There were no more pesky hurricanes, and it didn't even rain once. The only set back we had turned out to be a good thing in the end. We had brought along an electric cooler to help save money (we are young and poor). On our second to last day we came into our room and the room smelled like melted plastic and the little fan on the cooler wasn't running. As we went to inspect the cooler it looked like someone had messed with it and a piece of the plastic grate in front of the fan was stuck inside it. We tried to get it running again to no avail. So we called up the front desk, they asked us how much the cooler cost and we told them,(it was 150 buckaroos! ), they said ok and said the manager would call us back. So we went to the parks and when we came back the little red light was blinking on our phone. They said they were very sorry about our cooler and that they would take 150 dollars off our bill! We were more then happy with this because the cooler wasn't brand new or anything and our vacation just got a little cheaper!! Score! Then to top it off when we got back home the cooler started working again! Go figure. (I swear we were not trying to con the disney corporation it just turned out that way ) So all in all, our first vacation on our own turned out to be the cheapest, most fun vacation we have ever had. I wonder how our next one will even compare,, but I sure can't wait! 45 more days!!!

Boo! Thanks xoMinnieox!

Last edited by IjustWanttoGo; 09-20-2007 at 12:22 PM.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:25 PM   #9
addictedxloser
Earning My Ears

good pre trippie so far. yay only 45 more days for you ...i have 329 its booked already && im soo excited.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:20 PM   #10
IjustWanttoGo
I want my ears already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedxloser View Post
good pre trippie so far. yay only 45 more days for you ...i have 329 its booked already && im soo excited.
Thank you so much for reading (and posting ) It really made my day! I was beginning to think I was just going to be a crazy person talking to myself here. I am counting down the days,hours,milliseconds even, I can't wait! How exciting you have already got it booked. I hope the days fly by for you!

Boo! Thanks xoMinnieox!

Old 09-20-2007, 05:32 PM   #11
addictedxloser
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by IjustWanttoGo View Post
Thank you so much for reading (and posting ) It really made my day! I was beginning to think I was just going to be a crazy person talking to myself here. I am counting down the days,hours,milliseconds even, I can't wait! How exciting you have already got it booked. I hope the days fly by for you!
haha yupp. my aunt booked it a lil while ago. we got the dining package too. i think itll be worth the extra money. && you arent crazy for talking to yourself. i bet you are counting. i mean i have 329 days to go && i text my aunt everyday telling her how many more days.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:56 AM   #12
IjustWanttoGo
I want my ears already!

I've heard nothing but good things about the dining plan, but have yet to try it out. Sounds like your gonna have a great time. You should make a pre-trippie too! It makes the days pass more quickly and gets you more excited (if thats possible ) At least it does for me anyway

Boo! Thanks xoMinnieox!

Old 09-21-2007, 12:21 PM   #13
IjustWanttoGo
I want my ears already!

So I don't really have anything new disney related today, but a little off topic, I get my first ever puppy tomorrow! I am sooooo excited! You may be wondering about the puppy in my siggie, since I mentioned this will be my first puppy. That is graham, the sweetest little thing. We met and adopted him about a month and a half ago, when he was only 7 weeks old. He was being fostered by the nicest people along with his mom,brother, and sister. We instantly fell in love with all of them but graham stood out. We were supposed to pick him up after he had been all fixed and given his shots on the 14th. We were counting down the days and had already bought him toys and a leash when we got a call from the adoption shelter. They told us he had a heart condition that they must of missed and that he passed away during the procedure. I have never felt so sad. We didn't even get a chance to bring him home. Even though he didn't come to live with us we had already felt like he was ours. I cried for days everytime i looked at his picture. Both his brother and sister were already spoken for and we were left without a puppy and broken hearts. So my DBF convinced me to look at these other pups the shelter had told us about. I said okay because i thought it would make me feel better, it didnt. When we got there i fell apart. The puppies were nice enough but they weren't graham. When we got home the people who were fostering graham called us up and said she had some good news. The lady that had adopted his brother fell through and if we wanted he could be ours. I was so excited, now we have a really sweet pup that we had already met and loved and it would also be a little like having a piece of graham. So I would like you all to meet the new edition...Dexter!

Here is a picture of Graham and Dexter. They are so cute!

We will never forget graham but we will love dexter just as much as we would have graham.

Boo! Thanks xoMinnieox!

Old 09-21-2007, 01:44 PM   #14
DinDin233
Mouseketeer

Graham and Dexter

I'm so sorry about Graham. I can totally understand why you would cry for days. My puppies are my babies!! I currently have two fur babies- a chihuahua and a pitbull mix and I love them with all my heart.

I'm happy that you are able to take Dexter home. I'm sure you're going to be a great mommy!

And your trip report is awesome!! Keep up the great work!
Old 09-22-2007, 12:39 PM   #15
IjustWanttoGo
I want my ears already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinDin233 View Post
I'm so sorry about Graham. I can totally understand why you would cry for days. My puppies are my babies!! I currently have two fur babies- a chihuahua and a pitbull mix and I love them with all my heart.

I'm happy that you are able to take Dexter home. I'm sure you're going to be a great mommy!

And your trip report is awesome!! Keep up the great work!
Thank you so much for reading and all your kind words. I am very excited to bring Dexter home (4 more hours!) I just checked out your TR, and Cinnamon is so beautiful! I'm very sorry for your loss, you brother seemed like an amazing person, truly a hero . It is wonderful that Disney World can be your happy place! I know it is mine too!

Boo! Thanks xoMinnieox!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: