Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2007, 08:49 PM   #31
abbybeth
DIS Veteran

what? Double digits? That's absitively-posilutely DANCE WORTHY!!

Old 09-01-2007, 12:57 AM   #32
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

Joining in! You will be there part of the same time we are!! I think we'll prob be at the same parks at the same time too, I'm still working on my itineraries but I know some of your days look the same!

Can't wait to read more!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-08-2007, 07:23 PM   #33
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

Thank you, thank you all.
I'm pleased to announce we are now at...the 3 month mark.
I decided it was high time to Coinstar* the Magic Kingdom popcorn bucket I'd been saving since my trip in March of 2006.
Here's how full it was
And in a Ziploc

It wound up being around $120-I split it between a DisneyShopping gift thingy for pins, cutesy shirts, etc. and cash. I did pay the fee on cash, but I figure it's worth it for it being cash rather than a boat load of coins.

Let's revisit the to-do, shall we:
To do list:
*Call CRO with my flight info for DME. Done!
*See that MamaKat makes her flight and rental car reservations. Flight done, now we just need to reserve a rental car.
*Call WDW (CRO?) to make sure that a)it's ok to use the 8 day PH I already have, even though I got a three day PH with our tickets and b)that it's ok for MamaKat not to be there at check-in. I'm ok to use the package hopper as long as I do no expiration option for $20.
*Buy Pins.-I ordered some from someone someone on the Budget Board recommended, as AbbyBeth's seller seems to have disappeared. They haven't gotten back to me, so I may just get some from DisneyShopping with my "found" money
*Order MVMCP ticket-Done, although they wouldn't let me use a Disney giftcard and I was too worn out to argue.
*Liberate Mickey Heads from Home Depot.
*Possibly get Room decorations. I'm planning on some Mickey Heads. I may also pack my Statue of Liberty Minnie, but I don't know (I brought her last time to take her to see Minnie at Chef Mickey's, and then didn't take her). I also may pack Mickey the DLR build a bear. Of course, Sunshine the 18 year old stuffed cat is coming (it's his 5th trip too), but he's, erm, rather loved looking so not exactly decoration material.
*Decide on what to get in terms of clothes. I'm debating whether to get a cute Xmas t-shirt at Target or get an MVMCP shirt once I get there. Of course, I'm getting some sort of Mickey Santa hat (I still regret not getting one from my Xmas week trip in 1996.)
*Take MK popcorn bucket o'change to Coinstar. I tried lifting it up yesterday-it's HEAVY, and I rarely use cash. I'm planning on splitting it between cash and a Disneyshopping e-gift certificate. Done!
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Old 09-08-2007, 07:42 PM   #34
DancinDaisyDuck
Nothing left for me to do but dance

I love Coinstar Machines! When I went to London last year I had $75. In pennies.

Great pre-trippie, it seems as though everything's coming together nicely for you!

Old 09-14-2007, 07:29 PM   #35
Hedy

So remember how I ordered my MVMCP ticket last week? Remember how I'm going to MVMCP on my dad's death day?

My ticket came today....in an envelope addressed to my dad (I put it on my Disney visa, the reservation's linked to my cell phone)...I have no clue how my dad got in there. MamaKat put it as "talk about being there in spirit"...yeah.
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*

Last edited by Hedy; 09-15-2007 at 07:20 AM.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:21 PM   #36
Hedy

What does a DISer to when she's over two months out to her trip, her traveling partner* hasn't decided on a rental car (or any of her hotels yet. If she were reading this, she'd tell you I take after my grandmother and father in planning ahead). Why, she worries, of course:

There's the petty:
OMG! I can't eat at Pecos Bills the first day! Why not? Because it's one of the few CS open at MVMCP. Ok, Columbia Harbor House, then.
Oh, I should make an ADR for my lunch at Epcot that Sunday....but I got one that morning just fine the last time...oh no...should I eat at the new Italy? I liked Naples at DLR! No, dine with the princesses!
Oh, no, I'm going to the MK on Saturday, Epcot on Sunday, and AK EMH/MGM on Monday...I'm following the same schedule as my solo trip in 2006! Does that make me boring? Should I book the Fantasmic dinner package? There might be an issue like the last time (it was canceled Saturday and Sunday, so my reserved seating was quite nice). So you tell people on the boards to book the Fantasmic dinner package, but debate it for yourself? What was that song from Alice, again...I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it....
And the serious

It sounds like Yak and Yeti might not be open by my trip! Do I just plan on a CS at Animal Kingdom? I could just do a TS at MGM...but where...
Mom still won't tell me what she wants to do. I'm hoping when DisneyMSF and YoungestDB come home from their trip in Oct (their first trip home to AKV, squee) they'll mention some things that pique her interest.

In short:
Am trying to decide on an TS at Epcot-most likely Asherkus, Marrakesh or Rose and Crown.
Am still debating Fantasmic package/calling off Yak and Yeti and doing an AK CS.
Need to prod MamaKat to tell me what she wants to do.
Still not Princess.

Old 09-21-2007, 08:42 PM   #37
abbybeth
DIS Veteran

*nudge, nudge* Princesses! *nudge, nudge*
Old 09-21-2007, 09:05 PM   #38
Hedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
What does a DISer to when she's over two months out to her trip, her traveling partner* hasn't decided on a rental car (or any of her hotels yet. If she were reading this, she'd tell you I take after my grandmother and father in planning ahead). Why, she worries, of course:

There's the petty:
OMG! I can't eat at Pecos Bills the first day! Why not? Because it's one of the few CS open at MVMCP. Ok, Columbia Harbor House, then.
Oh, I should make an ADR for my lunch at Epcot that Sunday....but I got one that morning just fine the last time...oh no...should I eat at the new Italy? I liked Naples at DLR! No, dine with the princesses!
Oh, no, I'm going to the MK on Saturday, Epcot on Sunday, and AK EMH/MGM on Monday...I'm following the same schedule as my solo trip in 2006! Does that make me boring? Should I book the Fantasmic dinner package? There might be an issue like the last time (it was canceled Saturday and Sunday, so my reserved seating was quite nice). So you tell people on the boards to book the Fantasmic dinner package, but debate it for yourself? What was that song from Alice, again...I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it....
And the serious

It sounds like Yak and Yeti might not be open by my trip! Do I just plan on a CS at Animal Kingdom? I could just do a TS at MGM...but where...
Mom still won't tell me what she wants to do. I'm hoping when DisneyMSF and YoungestDB come home from their trip in Oct (their first trip home to AKV, squee) they'll mention some things that pique her interest.

In short:
Am trying to decide on an TS at Epcot-most likely Asherkus, Marrakesh or Rose and Crown.
Am still debating Fantasmic package/calling off Yak and Yeti and doing an AK CS.
Need to prod MamaKat to tell me what she wants to do.
Still not Princess.
*Re "traveling partner"-we went to NYC over labor day weekend, and stopped to spend the night in CT. Our hotel room was having issues-I stayed upstairs with our luggage while MamaKat went to the desk. An engineer was walking by and asked if he could help. I explained the situation, but being as I was not hatched yesterday, I wasn't about to announce to some random dude in an empty hotel hallway I was traveling with just my mother. "...my traveling partner is at the desk, but if you could help it would be great." Engineer fixes the door, radios down to the desk..."Room 1234 needed the key done, her partner is down there..."

Old 09-21-2007, 09:07 PM   #39
Hedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbybeth View Post
*nudge, nudge* Princesses! *nudge, nudge*
I just need to get over being a)twice everyone else's age at the lunch, and b)being a solo there.

Old 09-21-2007, 09:13 PM   #40
abbybeth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just need to get over being a)twice everyone else's age at the lunch, and b)being a solo there.
We didn't do the one at Norway, but we did breakfast at CRT ... I'd honestly say about 25% of the tables were adults only. And if Norway is set up like CRT, you'll be too busy eating and mingling with the girls to notice (or have anyone else notice) that you're solo-ing it up! And your waiter or the nice people the next table over will be more than happy to take pics!

we also did the Crystal Palace breakfast, and I'd say almost 50% of the tables were adults only ..

my rule is simple: If you want to do something do it - regardless of who you may or may not be with. You're putting out the money to have fun - don't let yourself or what you think other people might think stop you from having that fun!
Old 09-29-2007, 03:11 PM   #41
Hedy

So. A reservation has been made at Asherkus for my second day lunch. Yay!
I told the extended family that I'm going to WDW in December this week.
I also liberated some LGMH's today. And *************** Yellow MH's. Plus some red and green ones should I need to decorate my room. And some purple ones.

Old 09-29-2007, 04:31 PM   #42
abbybeth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So. A reservation has been made at Asherkus for my second day lunch. Yay!
I told the extended family that I'm going to WDW in December this week.
I also liberated some LGMH's today. And *************** Yellow MH's. Plus some red and green ones should I need to decorate my room. And some purple ones.
Good work Scout. Congratulations on furthering the mission of MPC liberation. You should be commended on your bravery!

and congrats on the Askerhaus reservation! Everything I've seen/read seems great!
Old 10-02-2007, 10:51 AM   #43
Hedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbybeth View Post
Good work Scout. Congratulations on furthering the mission of MPC liberation. You should be commended on your bravery!

and congrats on the Askerhaus reservation! Everything I've seen/read seems great!

Why thank you!

Jet Blue is trying to mess with my head. Yesterday I got an e-mail saying my flight out of Boston is moved up 10 minutes, which is all well and good (crossing fingers my AM migranes are behaving while I'm in WDW). I check that my seats are all set (I'm an obsessive aisle seat kind of girl). I then see that our flight home is leaving 20 minutes earlier on the website. Oh well. The later flight is too late for my tastes-we wouldn't get into Logan until after midnight. So I cope. MamaKat's a little pouty, but we'll live.
But does JetBlue have the guts to let me know my flight has changed right away? No, they send me the e-mail about that flight today, while I'm at work.
Clearly they're plotting against me.

Old 10-02-2007, 05:07 PM   #44
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

I followed you over from your post on my thread. You have a great writing style. It seems like alot of people on the DIS do...except for moi....
I'm still having fun meeting all these new folks....looking forward to hearing more. FYI, we went in 2005 during Pop Warner Week and really didn't notice any difference....
Old 10-10-2007, 03:59 PM   #45
Miz Diz
I'll give up anything, as long as it isn't ice cream
And now my head is really spinningHe can't understand why he can't get me that excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiziezoe View Post

...and I ate ice cream for lunch every day and no one rolled their eyes at me!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: