Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-20-2006, 01:46 PM   #1
TyRy
Part of the problem is I wear my shorts
It is making me nutty

Mickey’s Hand is in my Pocket w/Pics. Ending Edited in 10/16-#84

This is my first attempt at a trip report, so I hope everyone will bear with me. I’ve read some of the greats – Twinkie Mama, VetteChick, tiggerbell, and ZZUB to name a few – so I hope some of their greatness has had some influence on me. Oh - and thanks to Mike at DH's work for coming up with the title for this...afterall, how true is that!!

First, let's introduce the cast in the beginning for my fourth trip to the World:
Myself (36) - OBSESSED with DW and all that is DW.

DH (38) - Not obsessed and tired of hearing about all things Disney. Thinks WDW should be a relaxing vacation (yeah right - does he not remember who he married?!)

We headed down for 12 wonderful nights 9/22-10/4.

I’m a planner – I’ll admit it upfront. Hello, my name is Ty and I’m an obsessive compulsive WDW planner. I started planning a year and a half ago, just a mere six months after we got back from our 2004 trip. I’m still trying to figure out how I got DH to agree to go back so quickly…yes, unfortunately going back in under two years was quick for us. If anyone has any tips to change that, please feel free to PM me . I now have to ask, does anyone else have Disney Dreams, where you’ve managed to forget everything you know or what you were supposed to bring? I had dreams where a restaurant changed and I thought…hmmm gotta post that on the disboards! Now not only am I dreaming about things forgotten or changed once we got there, but I’m dreaming that I must post to the disboards. Wonder if that’s a sign that I spend too much time on the disboards…NAHHHH

I also have to mention that I started what became know as my Disney “Bible” (a binder I had.) It grew from ½ inch to 1 inch to 2 inches and could have easily gone into a 3 inch. My back won’t know what to do not having to haul it around with me everyday. I had copies of everything you could think if in there, except one minor detail, a map of the property – that will come back to haunt me later!

Since I seem to live on the disboards, I knew early on about the change from 90 to 180 days for ADR’s. I called exactly at 180 days to get all my ADR’s which I did. Then at 30 days and 14 days, DH FINALLY looks at what I’ve been e-mailing him for SIX months and says where is this restaurant or where is this? WHAT??? Do you not know that it is free dining and these ADR’s were made months and months ago. I told him I’d try and miracle upon miracles I was able to do a little rearranging and get his requests in.

We also decided that we would drive down. I’m afraid of flying, but have flown in the past and as recently (we do not travel much) as 2004 to see the sticky fingered mouse. I somehow talked DH into driving and thought we were set. Then the more I thought about it and wasn’t sure how many vacation days DH would get, I started to think, maybe we should fly. I even sent DH fares to book for us, but he never did. I finally asked him and he said he wanted to drive as we had not been on a road trip since our honeymoon a few years ago. OK – cool – we are driving. We’ll leave the evening of 9/21, get as far as Southern Illinois and finish up the next day. Good we are set….

Ummmm not really – now my ten thousand posts on I-65 through Alabama vs I-75 through Atlanta began. I even ordered Dave Hunter’s along I-75 which he graciously rushed to me so I could use the hot off the press book on our trip. All we knew for sure was we would take 57 through Illinois and decide what to do when we hit Nashville.

OK – it’s now the Tuesday before we leave, and DH decides: a) we should be flying – ummmm not happening we leave in TWO days!!!! Then b) we’ll drive straight thru as he does not want to leave on Thursday night. OK – HOLD ON! We’ve had plans for months and now they are all going out the window, I guess I should have seen this as a precursor for what would happen on the rest of the trip!

Up next...UMMMM - Since when is AL Tornado Alley?????????
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
Trip of New Phases, Friends & 40 - Sept 09 - CR/AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
*Nov 2013 AKVJ* *Extra May 2014 Trip SSR*

Last edited by TyRy; 10-16-2007 at 09:15 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: