|02-07-2002, 08:28 AM||#1|
Join Date: Aug 1999
DIS ‘WISH’ Diet Tips
1. Drink lots of Water
2. Don't deprive yourself of the foods you love. Eat them only in moderation.
3. Don't skip Breakfast.
4. Keep moving. Even if it's only taking the stairs instead of the elevator. Every little bit of extra exercise you get (including "marching" in front of the TV for 10 minutes instead of sitting there) counts!
5. Use light weights or a stretch band ... 5-l0 min a day really tones flabby arms and works back muscles too.
6. Try to always eat at the table, not while watching T.V. or involved in another activity. You eat way more than you realize.
7. When you have a food craving, get involved in something else, and wait-10 minutes. Drink a large glass of water. More often than not the craving will pass, or you will forget about it!
8. Keep a food and exercise journal.
9. Try not to eat or drink anything (except water) after 6:00 p.m.
10. Lots of fiber!
11. Water - flush your system and the extra added benefit of that extra exercise walking back and forth to the restroom .
12. Walking (or any exercise) - burn off some of the excess energy (stored as fat) .
13. Weights - to build muscle, which burns calories
14. Eat more often. 5 or 6 smaller meals keep your metabolism charged up longer than 3 large meals.
15. If you have a bad day - shake it off and start all over again - don't just say "I blew it" and go on a binge.
16. Diet with a friend
Last edited by Kelsie; 02-07-2002 at 07:17 PM.
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|