DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2014, 11:09 AM   #1
disneychell
Earning My Ears

Small point contract through resale- different use year

Hi everyone, looking for some thoughts on a possible add on. We bought into DVC whilst at WDW in August. Never really entertained the idea before the trip, but we got pixie dust sprinkled and were upgraded to the Grand Floridian, this led to the chain of events and us signing on the dotted line!

Being in a different country and in holiday mode I didn't want to leave us stuck by jumping in with a massive contract- thinking we can add on when we return next year. Of course since coming home and researching I've found out about the resale market.

I've been looking and only need a small contract, just 50 points, to leave us with the amount I would comfortably need for our yearly holiday. (for the time being anyway- I have a feeling buying more points could very easily become an addiction, lol.)

Ive found a loaded contract at I price I would be happy with- only problem being the use year. Our current use year is august, this one is february. DH doesn't think its that big of a deal and wants to go for it whilst we have the funds available and wouldn't have to rely on finance etc.. I'm not so sure, with the different use years that would mean we would have a different member number for those points and I could see it getting a bit complicated and confusing.

So whats everyones thoughts? Will it be a major hassle like I think and better to see if something comes up at a later date with the same use year? Or listen to DH and just go for it and revel in the fact I would have more points?

Thanks for any responses and opinions.
disneychell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:17 AM   #2
PacoDF
Mouseketeer

For only one trip per year, I think that keeping all your points under only one membership is the best. Some users around here have more than one Use Year, but most of them travel more than once per year to WDW so they can use different Use Years points for different trips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdTj-B5aORc
PacoDF is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2014, 12:29 PM   #3
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

similar thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3218168

chalee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:57 PM   #4
disneychell
Earning My Ears

Thanks for your responses. I guess it is manageable, i just didn't really want the confusion as this is still new to me. I think I will just mull it over for a while longer, although DH is more of a suck it and see type! I see a long debate with him this evening when he gets in from work.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:01 PM   #5
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychell View Post
Thanks for your responses. I guess it is manageable, i just didn't really want the confusion as this is still new to me. I think I will just mull it over for a while longer, although DH is more of a suck it and see type! I see a long debate with him this evening when he gets in from work.
Did you buy VGF and you are looking to add on there or somewhere else?

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 02:35 PM   #6
disneychell
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
Did you buy VGF and you are looking to add on there or somewhere else?

Bill
Hi, yes we bought in at VGF. We are looking at adding on at SSR. we are planning on doing split stays holidays for the foreseeable future so home resort for the second contract wasn't as big of a deal. As long as I can do a week at VGF I'm not overly fussed on the second week- looking forward to trying all of the resorts.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: