DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2013, 02:58 PM   #1
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Cancelling

Just wanted to verify everything before we book for next October in a few months...

If I book October 2014 with a September UY (no 2013 points involved, all 2014)... I could cancel 31+ days out and all of my points will go back into their current year to be used by the end of August 2015. OR I can bank them by the end of April 2015.

Typing that feels weird - hopefully someone understands what I'm asking lol. Basically, my DH will be trying to get into a pretty competitive program that would start in August - we won't know if he's in until July or so. If he doesn't get in or they allow some leeway we are hoping for an October 2014 trip. I just don't want to book it and possibly lose the points, but I think we'd be okay since it's so early in the UY, yes?
Old 08-22-2013, 03:03 PM   #2
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
Just wanted to verify everything before we book for next October in a few months...

If I book October 2014 with a September UY (no 2013 points involved, all 2014)... I could cancel 31+ days out and all of my points will go back into their current year to be used by the end of August 2015. OR I can bank them by the end of April 2015.
Yes, 100% correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
Typing that feels weird - hopefully someone understands what I'm asking lol. Basically, my DH will be trying to get into a pretty competitive program that would start in August - we won't know if he's in until July or so. If he doesn't get in or they allow some leeway we are hoping for an October 2014 trip. I just don't want to book it and possibly lose the points, but I think we'd be okay since it's so early in the UY, yes?
Good luck to your DH - hope he get in AND you get your trip!

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2013, 03:05 PM   #3
lisa3635
Mouseketeer

Yes, that's right. There is no penalty for canceling 31 days out and the points stay in that use year. You could either use them until the end of your 2014 UY or bank them into 2015.
lisa3635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:18 PM   #4
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolMN View Post
Yes, 100% correct.

Good luck to your DH - hope he get in AND you get your trip!
Awesome! Thanks! Gotta hope for the best and plan for the worst I guess, right?! Lol - fingers crossed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa3635 View Post
Yes, that's right. There is no penalty for canceling 31 days out and the points stay in that use year. You could either use them until the end of your 2014 UY or bank them into 2015.
Thanks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: