Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2013, 01:58 PM   #1
Maesa
Earning My Ears

How do you sit on an airplane with 4?

Hello - Sorry not Disney related but we are flying to Disney in November. Its 4 of us. 2 kids and 2 adults. The plane seats 3 - row - 3. How do you do your seating? I was thinking of 2 behind one another so each kid can get a window with a parent. I would love the kids and I in one section and my husband across the isle but after thinking about it I think the kids will fight for the window. 6 and 3 years old. First time for the 3 year old to fly.
Maesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:04 PM   #2
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Moving to the Families Board.

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2013, 04:09 PM   #3
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

When I had two, we just sat aisle and middle across. It's easier to get up and go to the bathroom, etc. if you have an aisle.

Now that I have three and they are older, they sit three across and we sit on an aisle and middle either across or a row up or back.

momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:27 PM   #4
CatesRDisneyFans
Mouseketeer

We've done all 3 with either my husband or myself across the aisle and we've done 2 in a row and 2 in a row directly in front or behind. I don't think I have a preference of how we sit on the airplane.

CatesRDisneyFans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:38 PM   #5
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

We put the 2 kids and one adult in one row then the other adult in the same row but across the aisle.

We like this because we at least get one row to ourselves. I know we won't bug anyone else in that row and we can have all our stuff out It also allows one adult to chill out in the lone seat (gotta love noise cancelling headphones and a neck pillow). DH and I trade off on the flights so maybe on the way there he'll get the 1 seater and then on the way back, I will.

And the kids also switch off on the window seat - one on the way there, one on the way back.

We have done the 2 and 2 either in the same row or in adjoining rows but inevitably you have to really keep your kids on their best behavior lest some anti-child person sits next to you In the same row though, if my son elbows me accidentally or the kids end up stepping on our stuff, it is all OURS and we don't have to worry about that small stuff upsetting certain adults.

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Tinkerbellie16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:43 PM   #6
ChrisM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
We put the 2 kids and one adult in one row then the other adult in the same row but across the aisle.

We like this because we at least get one row to ourselves. I know we won't bug anyone else in that row and we can have all our stuff out It also allows one adult to chill out in the lone seat (gotta love noise cancelling headphones and a neck pillow). DH and I trade off on the flights so maybe on the way there he'll get the 1 seater and then on the way back, I will.

And the kids also switch off on the window seat - one on the way there, one on the way back.
This. Exactly.
ChrisM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:23 PM   #7
messybug
Earning My Ears

We do two and two. I know that I'd be the one with both kids the entire trip if we did three and one.
messybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:41 AM   #8
lillykat
DIS Veteran

We sit 3 and 1 across the aisle. I usually sit in the middle so i can help each one get stuff out of their bags. As far as window seats. We have a deal the one who got it going give it to the other coming back. This way both get a window seat. If they can't decide I would have them pick out of a hat or pick a number or a hand whatever to determine who gets the trip there vs the trip back.

I know some people say pick 2 rows aisle and window and hope no one wants middle. But usually the flights can be full then you either have a stranger sitting in the middle with you, or usually they be happy to switch for the aisle but then you will be trapped in the row which is a pain when someone has to go potty.
May 2013 POR Princess Trip! May 2010 POLY DD#2's 1st birthdaySept 2008 POLY - DD#1's 1st tripApril 2004 - AKL honeymoonJanuary 2002 at AKL
lillykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:56 AM   #9
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

When we only had two kids we did an adult and a child in one row, and one adult/child in the next row behind. I think it is easier to have each adult responsible for one child the whole ride. Now we each take two children and sit 3 and 3. Of course we are often on flights that have only two seats on each side and in that case we stick our two big kids either in front or behind one of us while my husband and I each take a little kid. Have a great trip!

wallawallakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:22 AM   #10
ellena980
Earning My Ears

better to not place kids in the window seats.
ellena980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:49 AM   #11
firsttimer4
Mouseketeer

I have actually been debating this same thing. I think I have decided to do 3 and 1. I think if I split them up 2 and 2 then they will keep wanting to switch "I wanna sit with daddy.....now I wanna sit with mommy". I don't think that would go well with the stranger sitting at the end of us. I'm very glad that our flight is only and hour and a half!

ME DH DS (6) DD (4)
firsttimer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:56 AM   #12
lost*in*cyberspace
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellena980 View Post
better to not place kids in the window seats.

Why not? Do you have a reason for posting this?
lost*in*cyberspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:58 AM   #13
Pesky
"Who's the monkey?!"

We do 2 and 2. Like you, we were worried about the kids squabbling being so close to each other and invariably we hear the "I want to sit by Mommy!" or "I want to sit by Daddy!" So we do 2 and 2 and one kid with me on the way there and then we switch on the way back. Both DH and I like to sit by the window and so do the kids so this configuration gets us closest to the window.

DH, the Disney doubter Me DD6 DS4
DLR Plan #2!: Coming soon to a DLR near you
WDW Plan: October 2016 (so very, very far away )
Pesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:53 PM   #14
noahdove
DIS Veteran

Well, in the past we flew AirTran and chose our seats and we did 2 and 2...however, now that Southwest has taken AirTran, we can't select our seats ahead so....we are praying for early seating so that we can sit 2 and 2...and there are us 3 friends flying in August and I pray once again we can sit together...first trip with the 3 of us and we have lots to chat about...we did pay extra for the early boarding but, again, we may not be able to do that...Good luck and happy flying...

noahdove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:58 PM   #15
Jewel3k
Mouseketeer

We did across the aisle last time we flew. Next time it will be 2 rows, one in front and one behind. I spent the last flight making sure my little boys didn't accidentally touch the seat in front of us. Next time they will be bothering my husband and older daughter instead of strangers.
Jewel3k is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: