Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2013, 10:56 PM   #1
JosieCat
Mouseketeer

Maybe you don't belong in the drive thru...

If you don't know to turn off your radio(!!), look towards the screen, get off your cell phone, don't put your hands over your mouth and speak in your "outside voice"....maybe you do not belong in the drive thru.

If it's your very first visit and may need a moment to take it all in...maybe you do not belong in the drive thru.

If you need more than two orders for your vehicle....maybe you do not belong in the drive thru.

If your car is so loud, you cannot hear us over the sound of it and need to turn it off in able to order...maybe you do not belong in the drive thru. (Because people around you need to order too, ya know.)

If your car is broken and you need to open your door instead...maybe you do not belong in the drive thru.

If your order is so particular you need special instruction for more than three items....maybe you do not belong in the drive thru.

If your order leaves you out of breath from saying it all.....maybe you do not belong in the drive thru.

If your dog(s) or child(ren) cannot stop making very loud noises (barking or screaming) while you try to order....maybe you do not belong in the drive thru. (those with little kids, I do feel your pain, but stay home and order pizza.)

If people are always asking you "WHAT??" or to speak up in real life....don't try to order in the drive thru, just read the sticker for those who have trouble speaking or hearing, and pull up to the first window to place your order- if you don't know what you want, park and come inside.

You may think that letting your child order is cute....but it is not. The driver orders. If you cannot wrap your head around this...maybe you do not belong in the drive thru.

If emergency vehicles are going by and you cannot hear the person on the other end...they cannot hear you either. Wait until the siren has passed, then place your order.

Pretend you are having a conversation with a real person on the other side. There's a certain flow, and they will clarify anything they need to, and let you know your total or when to proceed. Please do not just bark out a few words and speed off. We will just guess what you want at this point rather than trying to make it perfect.

That was fun! I hope this gets taken in the same spirit, of a little tongue in cheek :P
Old 04-21-2013, 11:16 PM   #2
LuvsDragonflies
DIS Veteran

I completely passed the intercom the other day, so I backed up and I go "HELLOOOO???" and the guy says Hello? I laughed and said I was sorry, I'd blown right by the speaker and he told me that was okay, at least I didn't drive up to the window like some people who miss it.

I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it. ~ Abraham Lincoln
"Give me the storm and stress of thought and action rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith"-- Robert G. Ingersoll
LuvsDragonflies is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2013, 11:23 PM   #3
MouseJunkie

Some gifts come before Christmas

If you can't figure out how to pull forward and not leave an entire car length between you and the car in front of you, you don't belong in the drive thru. I'd like to order, pay or get my food too. MOVE IT!!!

If you need to stop and read the first menu for 10 minutes before you pull forward to order from the real menu...you don't belong in the drive thru. Again, MOVE IT!!!
Old 04-21-2013, 11:28 PM   #4
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseJunkie View Post
If you can't figure out how to pull forward and not leave an entire car length between you and the car in front of you, you don't belong in the drive thru. I'd like to order, pay or get my food too. MOVE IT!!!

If you need to stop and read the first menu for 10 minutes before you pull forward to order from the real menu...you don't belong in the drive thru. Again, MOVE IT!!!
WELL said!
Old 04-22-2013, 12:17 AM   #5
Handbag Lady
Disneyland Bride 2000
If you can't say somethng nice, come sit next to me
Has the wherewithall to save bakery goods from earthquakes

I confess, while I was in college, my car window was broken and wouldn't go back up if rolled down. So, I had to open the car door at every drive-though.

WDW: October 2010: DCL, Poly, and the Grand for the 10th Anniversary Extravaganza!, Oct/Nov. 2008 CBR / Sept. 2007 CBR / Oct. 2006 AKL / August 2005 POR (hello Katrina!) / 1998 Off Campus at the Grosvenor (ENGAGED AT EPCOT )
DL: Twice a month for years / Multiple visits since birth / 1989 CM on Main Street / 2000 Disneyland Fairy Tale Wedding
DCL: Oct 2010 4-Day Caribbean / Nov 2011 Mexican Riviera / Oct 2012 Mexican Riviera
Handbag Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:19 AM   #6
superme80
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handbag Lady View Post
I confess, while I was in college, my car window was broken and wouldn't go back up if rolled down. So, I had to open the car door at every drive-though.

This happened to my first car too. I believe I was mocked the moment I drove away.
DH-42 ME-34 DS #1-5 DS #2 3 DS #3 9 months old
superme80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:10 AM   #7
Hrhpd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosieCat View Post
If you don't know to turn off your radio(!!), look towards the screen, get off your cell phone, don't put your hands over your mouth and speak in your "outside voice"....maybe you do not belong in the drive thru.

If it's your very first visit and may need a moment to take it all in...maybe you do not belong in the drive thru.

If you need more than two orders for your vehicle....maybe you do not belong in the drive thru.

If your car is so loud, you cannot hear us over the sound of it and need to turn it off in able to order...maybe you do not belong in the drive thru. (Because people around you need to order too, ya know.)

If your car is broken and you need to open your door instead...maybe you do not belong in the drive thru.

If your order is so particular you need special instruction for more than three items....maybe you do not belong in the drive thru.

If your order leaves you out of breath from saying it all.....maybe you do not belong in the drive thru.

If your dog(s) or child(ren) cannot stop making very loud noises (barking or screaming) while you try to order....maybe you do not belong in the drive thru. (those with little kids, I do feel your pain, but stay home and order pizza.)

If people are always asking you "WHAT??" or to speak up in real life....don't try to order in the drive thru, just read the sticker for those who have trouble speaking or hearing, and pull up to the first window to place your order- if you don't know what you want, park and come inside.

You may think that letting your child order is cute....but it is not. The driver orders. If you cannot wrap your head around this...maybe you do not belong in the drive thru.

If emergency vehicles are going by and you cannot hear the person on the other end...they cannot hear you either. Wait until the siren has passed, then place your order.

Pretend you are having a conversation with a real person on the other side. There's a certain flow, and they will clarify anything they need to, and let you know your total or when to proceed. Please do not just bark out a few words and speed off. We will just guess what you want at this point rather than trying to make it perfect.

That was fun! I hope this gets taken in the same spirit, of a little tongue in cheek :P
Sounds like perhaps you do not belong on the other side of the drive thru window

Only 2 orders per vehicle? Really?

Sorry, when I am ordering for my family, I am going to order for all of them. And I am going through the drive thru because I do not want to try to carry it all out to my car by myself.

And please, if you have a screaming child, please DO stay in the drive thru window. Please do NOT come inside and subject the whole dining area to your screaming kid. The drive thru is the perfect place for parents with screaming kids where they can stay contained in the car.
Hrhpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:31 AM   #8
mrsklamc
I apologize in advance, but what is a click clack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrhpd View Post
Sounds like perhaps you do not belong on the other side of the drive thru window

Sorry, when I am ordering for my family, I am going to order for all of them. And I am going through the drive thru because I do not want to try to carry it all out to my car by myself.

And please, if you have a screaming child, please DO stay in the drive thru window. Please do NOT come inside and subject the whole dining area to your screaming kid. The drive thru is the perfect place for parents with screaming kids where they can stay contained in the car.
I think she meant 2 orders paid seperately.
mrsklamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:50 AM   #9
tennvalgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:

More than 2 orders paid separately like having 3 cars in front of you instead of 1.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:34 AM   #10
JosieCat
Mouseketeer

Yes, I meant separate orders, to be paid separately.

There are a few more.

If you need to buy more than two gift cards, you most definitely do not belong in the drive thru. I'm sorry, in order for you to buy ten (or fifty) five dollar gift cards, we are going to ask you to park and come inside.

If we ask you to pull over to a waiting space because we need extra time to assemble your order, please go to that spot. Don't refuse to move, argue with us or pull over to wherever the heck you feel like. You won't get your food any faster that way...and while I and everyone I know and work with is a professional, do you really think it's a good idea to antagonize people who are handling your food?
Old 04-22-2013, 06:41 AM   #11
happygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosieCat View Post
Yes, I meant separate orders, to be paid separately.

There are a few more.

If you need to buy more than two gift cards, you most definitely do not belong in the drive thru. I'm sorry, in order for you to buy ten (or fifty) five dollar gift cards, we are going to ask you to park and come inside.

If we ask you to pull over to a waiting space because we need extra time to assemble your order, please go to that spot. Don't refuse to move, argue with us or pull over to wherever the heck you feel like. You won't get your food any faster that way...and while I and everyone I know and work with is a professional, do you really think it's a good idea to antagonize people who are handling your food?

Most of things you are posting here I think are silly, but the thing that I really don't understand is why not the two separate orders??
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:43 AM   #12
LuvsDragonflies
DIS Veteran

Because each transaction is rung up separately and that takes time. Four people in the car, each wanting their own transaction, will take four times longer to process.

I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it. ~ Abraham Lincoln
"Give me the storm and stress of thought and action rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith"-- Robert G. Ingersoll
LuvsDragonflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:46 AM   #13
dakcp2001
Am I wrong to want a cashier and bagger?
Chicken wings are his crack

Can I get an Amen?! I come from New England where drive thru is supposed to be fast an efficient. Now I live in the south where people think the drive thru is gthe best place to order 25 special order happy meals and everyone around them should just wait. (there was a thread about this before). Where I come from, big orders have to go inside (and there is a sign that says so) and the line moves quickly. Down here its so slow it makes you want to pull your hair out.

There is DEFINITELY a regional difference in drive thru etiquette.
dakcp2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:44 AM   #14
chiefmickeymouse
DIS Veteran

This one comes from the other side of the fence: If you must talk so fast that no one can understand you, stay out of the drive-through window. That one's going out to the girl at Sonic, who never seems to not be working!
chiefmickeymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:57 AM   #15
Topper
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Really. A car full of college students come thru the drive-thru. They all want to pay for their own orders. They should all go inside. One person ordering for a family is considered one order.

Maybe you should reconsider that rolling smiley face.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: