DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2013, 08:31 PM   #1
macemc12
Mouseketeer

Add on same resort and UY question

If I add on a contract at the same resort with the same use year, I know it will be under the same membership # as long as it is deeded the same as the first. However, how do reservations online work with the 2 contracts? Do they show up separately so you can choose which one to make a ressie with?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

macemc12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:38 PM   #2
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by macemc12 View Post
If I add on a contract at the same resort with the same use year, I know it will be under the same membership # as long as it is deeded the same as the first. However, how do reservations online work with the 2 contracts? Do they show up separately so you can choose which one to make a ressie with?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I have HH and AKV with August UY and OKW with June UY. My HH and AKV points all show up on the side of the online reservation system in one bulk amount under the membership number. I can click on my other membership number and see those points available and book with that membership...but the 2 contracts with Aug UY (3 really...2 at HH and 1 at AKV) show up combined. I haven't booked a resie online since I had the 2 home resorts under that membership # (I booked our upcoming trip by calling MS)...so I am not sure what happens when you go to book online. I do searches for different possible trips and it will let me search both AKV and HH before the 7 month window. I suppose once you actually try to make a resie, it will have a way to be selective about which points you use.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2013, 08:53 PM   #3
sanibel93
ALL Ears

I have 4 contracts under the same membership # and same UY at the same resort. My points all show up as one for the year.
sanibel93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:14 PM   #4
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

I have a Sept contract and Dec contract. When I want to book online, I have to select the contract I want to use to make the reservation. If I transfer from one to the other, the points show up as being gone from the first contract, but do not show up in the other contract. So I have to call MS to use transferred points.

For a fall trip, I used both contracts to book. I made one reservation with the larger contract, a second with the smaller and a third with the larger (I needed to use up all the points available for the smaller, thus Fri and Sat nights). Then I sent an e-mail to MS to link the three.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:35 PM   #5
drusba

DIS Veteran

On-line you will find (a) a place that shows you total points in use year which can be clicked on to go to find out points in each contract under the use year; (b) when making a reservation and you reach the page to choose points, both contracts will be shown and you get to choose from which one points will be used first.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:31 PM   #6
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

In my account you select which contract you want to use.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:07 AM   #7
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Same UY and resort will show as a combined total on the main online page. When you book you can choose which one to use first. However if you want to use some from one and some from another, you have to call.

For example, you desired ressie is 100 points. You use the 75 remaining in your current UY on the first contract and 25 from the current UY from the 2nd. That can be done online as the 75 depleted that UY's points from that contract and then the system knows to look elsewhere. But if you wanted to use 50 from one and 50 from the other and that left points still available in both UY's, per contract, then you'd have to call.

For the same resort and UY I can't see where it would really matter but same UY and different resorts it would, or could, at 11 months.

Basically the online system doesn't let you choose xx number of points, it just goes for current UY whatever is available and uses all of that first, it will then go to borrowing or current UY other contacts. If you had current UY points available in both it should let you pick which one to use first. Anything more complicated you have to call.
eandesmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:17 AM   #8
Meggysmum
Mouseketeer

It is easy enough online to choose which contract to book through as long as they have current points and you aren't borrowing any. If you want to borrow from one whilst you still have current in another it doesn't seem to like it (or at least i couldn't get it to work).

We have one Direct and one Resale at BLT so I tend to want to use the resale points first just incase I want to trade out so I have to phone if I am doing a complicated transaction.
Meggysmum is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: