DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2013, 06:30 PM   #1
monorailmom
DIS Veteran

Is this common with Fidelity?

We've made three offers so far that have allegedly been flatly regected by the seller. We have checked the thread that tells what went through ROFR, so we know we didn't come in crazy low or anything..if anything, we've been mid to high. Each time we've made an offer, the realtor has not gotten back to us. When we get in touch with her, she says the offer has been rejected, without a counter offer. Do you think the offer is even being made? We are very surprised and disappointed with this level of customer service, but unfortunately, Fidelity has the most amount of listings. Thoughts??
Old 04-09-2013, 06:35 PM   #2
lchute1158
Mouseketeer

I have had the same exact problem. Made several offers.... No response. After a few day I'll ask and said it was rejected no counter offer. Then I ask why is everyone else posting great price per point deals and I cannot even fit a counter...... No response....

Disney Fantasy January 25, 2014 (45th birthday cruise!), Disney Wonder May 17, 2014 (Weekend Getaway), Disney Dream Feb 24, 2013
Hong Kong Disneyland 2011, WDW x4, DLR CA x100 plus (Annual Pass Holder)(frequent visitor since 1969)
DVC Owner - AUL, VGC, HHI

lchute1158 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2013, 06:37 PM   #3
e46m3
Mouseketeer

Same thing happened to me. I think they are understaffed and their systems are not updated making them very inefficient at doing things.
e46m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:06 PM   #4
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by monorailmom View Post
We've made three offers so far that have allegedly been flatly regected by the seller. We have checked the thread that tells what went through ROFR, so we know we didn't come in crazy low or anything..if anything, we've been mid to high. Each time we've made an offer, the realtor has not gotten back to us. When we get in touch with her, she says the offer has been rejected, without a counter offer. Do you think the offer is even being made? We are very surprised and disappointed with this level of customer service, but unfortunately, Fidelity has the most amount of listings. Thoughts??
I do not know why they would not have gotten back to you - thats unacceptable. As far as sellers rejecting offers the thing I have learned over the past month is there is more demand then supply of contracts right now and sellers are realizing it slowly but surely. Our 1st contract sent to Disney was BWV 55.00PP this years points and it was the asking price - Disney took it. Second contract was listed for 60.00PP fully loaded I made a full price offer and sellers wanted to know why its was sold so quick - long story short I walked away and sellers raised the price to 70.00PP and someone offered more then that. Third contract was listed at 72.00PP BWV loaded and I offered 65.00 and it was accepted about an hour later. I think those who listed around 65.00 - 70.00PP (using BWV as an example) are waiting to get just that where as up until mid Feb those same contracts were selling in the mid 50.00PP range. Talk to the broker ask them what they think is a reasonable offer but you still have to do what is right for you.

Good luck

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:14 PM   #5
PinMan
Mouseketeer

interesting , seems to be a high demand
Old 04-09-2013, 07:38 PM   #6
wdrl
DIS Veteran

I highly doubt any foul play on the part of the realtor. Realtors have nothing to gain by not communicating an offer to the seller. Realtors make their money by doing volume business. The more sales they make, the more money they make. Realtors make nothing when a sale doesn't occur.

However, one would hope that a realtor would have the courtesy of keeping prospective buyers informed when offers are rejected. The realtor could explain why the offer was rejected and advise the buyer what alternative actions could be taken.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:00 PM   #7
JimMIA
A little Miami humor...

Location: Miami, Wyndham Great Smoky Mountains, and EVER (Everglades National Park)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdrl View Post
I highly doubt any foul play on the part of the realtor. Realtors have nothing to gain by not communicating an offer to the seller. Realtors make their money by doing volume business. The more sales they make, the more money they make. Realtors make nothing when a sale doesn't occur.

However, one would hope that a realtor would have the courtesy of keeping prospective buyers informed when offers are rejected. The realtor could explain why the offer was rejected and advise the buyer what alternative actions could be taken.
I agree.

I'm not bashful about criticizing any broker who is unprofessional, incompetent, etc -- but I really doubt there is anything sinister going on. I don't think a broker would risk their license by just not tendering offers and telling their customer they had.
JimMIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:12 PM   #8
monorailmom
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone....we weren't`t so much thinking foul play as just very poor service! We`'ve purchased two homes, and are accustomed to an agent who is much more proactive in getting a sale made. Why not call us back, or give us advice on how to make an offer? Just seems strange.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:26 PM   #9
fmer55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by monorailmom View Post
Thanks everyone....we weren't`t so much thinking foul play as just very poor service! We`'ve purchased two homes, and are accustomed to an agent who is much more proactive in getting a sale made. Why not call us back, or give us advice on how to make an offer? Just seems strange.
Just a warning, no matter how much you are spending this is much different than buying a house. People change their minds daily on both sides, buyers and sellers. Their is no recourse for the buyer, you just have to hope that the seller you are dealing with is on the up and up.

One piece of advice I will give regarding Fidelity is to get them on the phone. I have had 2 contracts go through with them, 1 fall apart and an offer recently accepted. I have the direct numbers to both of their main agents and never seem to have a problem getting them on the phone. I have, though , had a few emails fall through the cracks.

I do believe they are thoroughly understaffed in this market, In their defense I did have an offer sit unresponded to for 3 days from one of the others firms as well.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:20 PM   #10
AddieAidey
Earning My Ears

Had the same thing happen with me in March with Fidelity. I saw that the market was changing and contracts were going up in price due to the direct increase. I moved along to another company and was just lucky that they had the right contract listed the very next day. Fidelity is just too swamped. I don't believe it is all the brokers fault. They are overworked and don't have an efficient system for support.

If you can help it, I would move along and call someone to let them know what you are looking for and hopefully they will have something in the pipeline for you
Aulani Nov 2013
GCV Sep 2014
Aulani Feb 2015
Disney Wonder Oct 2015
AddieAidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:35 PM   #11
MickeyFan612
Mouseketeer

First off there are way more buyers than brokers! One really has to work hard at finding a contract because the brokers simply don't have enough desirable contracts to go around! Brokers now make everyone wait til the new listings are posted because most new listings sell immdeiately! I think you'd be surprised how many are competing for these resale contracts- The countless threads on here recommending resale are working
MickeyFan612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:17 PM   #12
bradr325
Earning My Ears

Every company I've talked with says that the Disney properties are flying of the shelf.
bradr325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:10 AM   #13
gopfans
Earning My Ears

We are currently waiting to close on our AKV contract through Fidelity. we passed ROFR in March. We have had a great experience with Sharon. When I called about putting offers in, the receptionist transferred me and it just rang and rang-nobody picked up. After that happening twice, I called back and asked to speak to Sharon. I was transferred to her voice mail. I didn't know her, I had only seen her name on the boards and heard she was good to work with. She called me back within about 2 hours and then she called back within another two to say the sellers had accepted our contract.

I think that was about our 4th contract that we put offers in on in about 3 months. We found that there were some unmotivated sellers out there and not just the brokers being slow getting back. We had 1 contract that it took the broker calling twice over a couple of days to say they decided not to sell. Another that we decided to bid on that they were asking $78pp we offered $68 and it took them three days for the seller to counter at $77 and buyer paying all fees. I understand people needing to get out of a mortgage but they are going to be waiting a long time asking $78 pp on a 200 pt contract fir AKV A couple of others we didn't get counters on at all. These offers were spread out over all of the major brokers. The one we finally are getting we agreed on $63pp in our use year of our other contract we bought direct.

Disneyland 1/2 Marathon 2010
Wine and Dine 1/2 Marathon 2010
Disney World 1/2 Marathon 2011
Disneyland 1/2 Marathon 2011-Coast to Coast
Princess 1/2 Marathon 2012
**In Training** Disney World FULL Marathon 2013

Calling Animal Kingdom Villas Home since 2012
gopfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:30 PM   #14
lchute1158
Mouseketeer

I am giving up on Fidelity..they have lots of contracts, or so it seems. I asked about a ssr just a moment ago....sold.

My other experience is with TSS. I called...was immediately put through to someone who knew all about the listing....explained all my questions ....and then called me back within 15 minutes with the sellers response...had the whole deal done withing 1 hour from first call to final offer accepted and then only 2 hours until got the contract emailed....very happy with TSS

Disney Fantasy January 25, 2014 (45th birthday cruise!), Disney Wonder May 17, 2014 (Weekend Getaway), Disney Dream Feb 24, 2013
Hong Kong Disneyland 2011, WDW x4, DLR CA x100 plus (Annual Pass Holder)(frequent visitor since 1969)
DVC Owner - AUL, VGC, HHI

lchute1158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:51 PM   #15
nabi
Home at Disney often!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchute1158 View Post
I am giving up on Fidelity..they have lots of contracts, or so it seems. I asked about a ssr just a moment ago....sold.

My other experience is with TSS. I called...was immediately put through to someone who knew all about the listing....explained all my questions ....and then called me back within 15 minutes with the sellers response...had the whole deal done withing 1 hour from first call to final offer accepted and then only 2 hours until got the contract emailed....very happy with TSS
Same experience and I'd add that I tried with Fidelity on 3 different listings... all sold- I gave up... not worth the extra fee. TSS got our business 3X instead.
nabi is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: