Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2013, 02:12 PM   #1
cosmolette
Earning My Ears

any disney travel agents?

I am in love with disney vacations!!! This September I will be going on my 4th trip in 2 years to disney world. We are also doing a 4 night disney cruise at the same time. We have booked everything including our resturant reservations.
Ive already decided next February I am doing the princess run and my son and I will do the mile race. I am training now! (I am not a runner)
I REALLY REALLY REALLY! want to become a disney travel agent but I am not sure where to start or where to look to get tips. So if anyone has any information I would love the advice. Please
cosmolette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:29 PM   #2
disneyworldaddict
Mouseketeer

I feel the same way! What I've learned is that Disney would like you to already be a travel agent. There are other options , however. One thing you can do is go online and search for an authorized Disney Vacation planner site that does recruiting. This wasn't a option for me because I have a fulltime job and would have a difficult time meeting quotas. Another option would be to try to get a job at AAA, they have emplyees that specialize in Disney travel. A third option is to start a home based online travel agency of your own. Basically, you sign on with an established agency and work under their travel codes and they get a cut or you pay them a fee. Its not that difficult to start online, but you need to be fully insured. This is not a cash business, so you have to be very accurate with your bookkeeping. I hope you are able to figure out a way to sell Disney travel. Unfortunately it's not in the cards for me at this time, so I wish you luck in pursuing my dream!

disneyworldaddict is offline   Reply With Quote