Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2013, 11:34 AM   #1
StitchsGurl
Former WDW Cast Member

**NEW 3/8! "We're The Original Boy Band, With Songs We Never Sing" A February 2013 TR

Welcome one and all to my very first trip report!!!!

That's me, your ghost host, skipper, snake wrangler, crocodile hunter, and most importantly, your guide, Dayna. I'm 21 years old, and according to my Twitter description, I'm a former WDW cast member and forever Disney fanatic. And that sure sums me up in a nutshell. I've been going to WDW ever since I was three years old - and I'll be going until I'm 90 years old, believe me. Since I'm not very well known on the Dis, I'll highlight some of my favorites.

Favorite Attraction: Expedition Everest
Favorite Character(s): Stitch, Belle, The Beast, Rapunzel, Flynn Rider and Gaston
Favorite Quick Service: Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe
Favorite Table Service: A three way tie between Be Our Guest, 'Ohana and California Grill
Favorite Show: Festival of the Lion King
Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom
Favorite Snack: Dole Whip or a Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bar
Favorite Resort(s): A three way tie between The Contemporary, The Polynesian and Port Orleans French Quarter

This trip was short, we only stayed two nights, but it was exceptionally magical, but what else would you expect? We stayed at The Contemporary, in a theme park view room, and it was absolutely fantastic. We were lucky enough to be in a renovated room, and that was amazing in itself. It was also, in my opinion, one of the best Limited Time Magic offerings, while we were there. I was SO excited, and I hope I can describe the experience so that all of you can feel the excitement that I felt.

My partner in crime for this trip (and all trips!) was my Mom, Tracey. I don't have any pictures of her currently, but just imagine, okay?

I'm going to be taking inspiration from some of my personal favorite trip report writers, so I hope you don't mind if I use your TR strategies to make my TR. (I'm looking at you Jess: Disneyfreak508, Kristen: Disneyfreak616, Dani: danimaroo, Marissa: marDgreen88, Lia: __disneygirl and Katt: katt789)

So, if everyone is all neat and pretty, then on with the show!~

Coming Up: Day One - "Are We There Yet?"

Last edited by StitchsGurl; 03-08-2013 at 12:41 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:41 AM   #2
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

I am most definitely here!! I loved your intro and also, thanks for the shout out lady!! I can't wait to hear all about your trip!

Theme park view sounds unreal, I am so excited to see pictures of it!

So glad you're starting a TR!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2013, 12:31 PM   #3
sarahhhmarie27
Earning My Ears

Being a former Jungle Cruise Skipper I love your introduction! I still have to write my first trip report I am nervous to write because Im not sure how to exactly yet!
Old 03-04-2013, 01:00 PM   #4
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

OMG tracey as in CAA tracey???? I love her she's the best!!!!

Old 03-04-2013, 02:05 PM   #5
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Joining in!!!

(and I'm LifeDis on Twitter aka the one who loves stuffed animals and is crazy (: )
Old 03-04-2013, 02:23 PM   #6
StitchsGurl
Former WDW Cast Member

Quote:
I am most definitely here!! I loved your intro and also, thanks for the shout out lady!! I can't wait to hear all about your trip!

Theme park view sounds unreal, I am so excited to see pictures of it!

So glad you're starting a TR!

Thanks Dani, I am SO glad you're here! And you are more than welcome for the shout out, I mean it! For us only being there for two nights, I took close to 500 pictures!

Quote:
Being a former Jungle Cruise Skipper I love your introduction! I still have to write my first trip report I am nervous to write because Im not sure how to exactly yet!
I'm SO jealous you were a Jungle Cruise Skipper - that's one of my ultimate dream jobs!!! I'm glad you're here, and hopefully you can get some inspiration from my first trip report for yours!

Quote:
OMG tracey as in CAA tracey???? I love her she's the best!!!!

Yep, she's CAA Tracey! Thanks for joining in!

Quote:
Joining in!!!

(and I'm LifeDis on Twitter aka the one who loves stuffed animals and is crazy (: )
Haha, welcome aboard, it's great to have you along for the ride!

P.S Your not crazy at all!

Old 03-11-2013, 01:00 AM   #7
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Ahhh we always do a monorail resort tour every trip! It is a tradition that we visit each resort, so I loved that you did that!

I love both the Polynesian and Grand Floridian; they are both wonderful resorts. I have fond memories from our honeymoon of staying at the Grand Floridian; it was absolutely amazing. I love when they play music in the lobby and little girls in their princess dresses dance around... It is too cute!

Celebrate the Magic is AMAZING. Seriously. I can't wait to go back and watch it again!

Looking forward to more updates!
Old 03-15-2013, 09:39 PM   #8
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Hi there Dayna! I love the excitement and enthusiasm of your 1st TR! We were at the CR/BLT in late Feb too! Your renovated room is wonderful! Those throw pillows are so cute. I'm following along with this one!
Old 03-31-2013, 05:16 PM   #9
deedee86
Earning My Ears

joining in!

i know what you mean about that outlet mall ALWAYS busy. we got there early one morning and still had to drive around looking for a space

cant wait to hear about the rest of your trip

Dee

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: