Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2013, 05:05 PM   #1
bradycrew48
Earning My Ears

Confused about Photopass

If I preorder it, do you forever get all the pictures taken at the parks, rides and meals or does it expire?? Also do you get any hard copies at all. I am looking at getting the + package.
bradycrew48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:31 PM   #2
siskaren
DIS Veteran

You get a voucher in the mail that you then exchange at one of the parks for the PhotoPass + card, which is what allows you to add the ride and dining photos, and it's good for 14 days, starting with the day you get it. For pictures taken around the park you just use the regular PhotoPass card that you receive from the photographer and there's no limit to how long that card is good for. When you get home, you enter your card numbers in the PhotoPass website, which then uploads the pictures to your account. When you're done you then enter the code that you'll also get in the mail and you'll then get a CD in the mail with all your pictures on it.

You can find a lot of information about both PhotoPass and PhotoPass + here:

http://allears.net/tp/ppass.htm
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 07:17 AM   #3
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Welcome!
Old 02-26-2013, 07:16 PM   #4
PrincessPatti
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the info! I had the same question! lol
PrincessPatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:45 PM   #5
serene56
DIS Veteran

photopass plus gives you only one card. so if going with multiple family memebers ypu only get one card.

regular photopass you can get as many cards as you want.

for us we have 16 members. one person will be in charge of themplus card. each family will have their own photo pass card

if you dont stay together-just write down the photo number an dhave it put on the card before the end of the evening-by taking the card back to the ride.

my question can you have those ride photos uploaded at any photopass'kiosk onsite?
Old 02-26-2013, 08:53 PM   #6
Nhebron
Mouseketeer

I got the plus package and loved it. We did Chef Mickeys and received hard copy photos. Those and the ride photos made it worth it or me.
Nhebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:04 PM   #7
momh135
Earning My Ears

So confused????

Is the original photopass still free? I haven't been to disney in five years. Last time I just got a card when I arrived and ordered pics with my number when I got home. If I just use the basic, so I still have to option to purchase dining and ride photos later if I want them?
momh135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:36 PM   #8
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momh135 View Post
Is the original photopass still free? I haven't been to disney in five years. Last time I just got a card when I arrived and ordered pics with my number when I got home. If I just use the basic, so I still have to option to purchase dining and ride photos later if I want them?
If you're talking about the card you get from the PhotoPass photographers, that's still free. What we're talking about is the PhotoPass +, which you can pre-order for $149 (there's a link on the allears.net page I linked to in my previous post). You then get a voucher in the mail that you exchange at one of the parks for a PhotoPass + card that allows you to get all of your ride and dining photos added to your CD in addition to the pictures that you get from the PhotoPass photographers. You can certainly buy the ride and dining pictures without doing buying PhotoPass +, but you would have to do it when you get off the ride or during the meal; you can't do it when you get home.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote