Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2013, 07:38 PM   #1
ilovepete
DIS Veteran

The "I Drove My Family Nuts Getting All These Pics" Dining Review! UPDATED 4/8 FINAL

Yes, it is true! I made my family a little crazy trying to get all of these pictures of our food! They heard a few, "WAIT! I didn't get a picture yet!" when going for that first bite of their meal. I do feel a bit bad about that, but not too much, because now I can make this dining report!

Our family consists of DH, who will eat almost anything, DS7, who loves a great burger, DD5, who wants to eat 24/7, and myself, who thinks I am hungry until I take a few bites, and then I can't possibly fit anymore in. None of us are picky, and we had a blast on the dining plan this time. We usually do Tables in Wonderland, but since we were doing a package this time, we went with the regular dining plan. Our favorite part was using up the snack credits at the end of our stay.

We just got home today from our trip. We spent 9 days in the world at the French Quarter, which we love! We were sad to leave, and we are already missing it. I figured I would get this review started while everything is still fresh in my mind. So, in the words of Peter Pan, here... we... goooooo......

Last edited by ilovepete; 04-08-2013 at 02:04 PM.
ilovepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:15 PM   #2
KarBear
Mouseketeer

I am ready !!! Bring it!!!!

Have a Magical Day!
KarBear is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2013, 08:16 PM   #3
DLFan123
living the dream-literally!

I'm in!
DLFan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:17 PM   #4
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Can't wait!
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:19 PM   #5
Crystal Brewer
Mouseketeer

Can't Wait
Crystal Brewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:26 PM   #6
reking96
Mouseketeer

I'm in. =)

reking96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:33 PM   #7
hunteraub
Earning My Ears

Let's hear it...................
hunteraub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:43 PM   #8
ilovepete
DIS Veteran

Our First Day!

We drove in and on the way down we stopped at Red Robin in Port Orange for lunch. We don't have one where we live so we really enjoy stopping by there when we head to Disney. I didn't take any pictures here, but the food was great. I had the Royal Red Robin Burger, which comes with a fried egg on top of the patty. It is really good and it is my favorite burger to order there. My husband got the Sauteed Shroom Burger and he loved it, as always. DS ordered the kid's burger with a side of apples. DD chose the parmesan noodles with a side of Freckled Fruit Salad. Both of them loved their meals and finished almost the entire thing. Now, if you have been to Red Robin, you probably know that their delicious steak fries are unlimited. We didn't utilize that this time, but we learned that the kids' sides are also unlimited! My kids down fruit like it is nothing, so this was great for them. They both got an extra portion of their side choices and they were very happy with that.

We finished our trip down to the world and checked into the French Quarter at Port Orleans. We love this resort because it is so much more compact than all of the others. We ended up getting upgraded to a garden view room right where we wanted to be building 4. This was great because it was near to parking and the Sassagoula Floatworks & Food Factory. We were hoping for this because we utilize our drink mugs a lot and this makes fill ups much easier! We loaded our things into our room and then took a boat from the resort over to Downtown Disney to kill a few hours. The first thing we did was get our Ghiradelli sample, which was a chocolate caramel square and oh so good!

We looked around for a few hours until we worked up an appetite and we ready for dinner at one of our favorite places, Earl of Sandwich! The husband always choses something different every time we go here, and this time he selected the Full Montagu and added the horseradish sauce to it. He said it was great and he will order that again next time. For his dessert he selected the Strawberry Shortcake and said that he thought it was tasty. I tried it, and it was quite good, I would order it again for sure. He shared some of it with DD & DS after they were finished with their meals. The kids both got a Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich with a fruit cup for their side and water to drink. I got my usual here, the Original 1762 sandwich, with the Brownie Cream Sandwich for dessert. My sandwich was amazing and I ate almost all of it. I was so full from it though that I couldn't even take a bite of my brownie, however, DH had no trouble finishing it for me! He ate about half of it. Of course, with taking pictures of everyone else's food, I totally forgot to take one of my own until it was half eaten, so I'm sorry about those! Luckily, this is the only time that happened on our trip.

The Menu:

The Full Montagu:

Both kids' PB&J:

My Original (sorry, half eaten!):

The Brownie (again, DH ate half before I thought to get a picture, luckily, this was the last time that happened!):

Fruit Cups (both kids got these):

Stawberry Shortcake:

Next, we caught the boat back to the French Quarter just in time to see them roasting marshmallows in the Cajun Campfire. DH, DS, and DD roasted 3 each and we got a few of them to go for a special treat a little later.

Cajun Campfire:

We were planning to watch the movie on the lawn that night, which was The Incredibles. It was a bit chilly out and so we thought we would grab some hot chocolate in our mugs and take that with us while we viewed the featured film, which was The Incredibles.

Hot Chocolate & Marshmallows in Resort Mug for the Movie:

It worked out really well, and after the movie, we had a bit of room left in our bellies to share an order of something I have been wanting to try since I first heard of them years ago, the Beignets! It was really neat to watch the man making these and know that they were fresh and warm when we received them. They were just right, not too sweet, not to soft, not too hard, just perfect. We shared the three puffed powdered sugar covered dough pillows, and our first evening at Disney was complete!

The Beignets!

Last edited by ilovepete; 03-01-2013 at 09:15 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:35 PM   #9
dutchdisneyfamily
Mouseketeer

Looking forward to your reviews! Love EOS and the treats from POFQ are on our must do list.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:18 PM   #10
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

Looking forward to more! I am going to try Earl next time. In all our trips we have never been. Must do!! Those sandwiches look great!
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:56 AM   #11
maslex
DIS Veteran

Looking foward to hear about the rest of your trip.
maslex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:12 AM   #12
Crystal Brewer
Mouseketeer

Aaaaaahhhhh Beignets one of my faves!!
Crystal Brewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:21 AM   #13
ilovepete
DIS Veteran

Are the pictures showing up huge for everyone? I've resized them in photo bucket, but they aren't resizing for me! Not sure if it is just me, or everyone.

Edited - Wait I think I got it, I just wasn't saving the resize correctly!

Last edited by ilovepete; 02-11-2013 at 09:34 AM.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:27 AM   #14
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovepete View Post
Are the pictures showing up huge for everyone? I've resized them in photo bucket, but they aren't resizing for me! Not sure if it is just me, or everyone.
They look exactly the right size to me. They fit perfectly on the screen.

Great start! Looking forward to more!

With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR
Numerous trips as kids to CR, Poly, Golf Resort
iloveeeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:45 AM   #15
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

weird...i am positive I posted to this a few hours ago...Oh well..
Thanks for your reviews so far and I TOO love THE FULL MONTAGU...that is the one I get usually every trip..hubby loves the Original..this place is a must do for a sandwich..
we always go to Port Orleans French Quarter but this trip coming up is for our granddaughter and her fiance ..so we opted for an All Star Resort...

Thanks again

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: