Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 09:45 AM   #1
WittyAmb
Mouseketeer

Rev. Kev or Rev. Jack?

Hi Everyone!

We're getting married at Disney's Wedding Pavilion in Orlando and we're trying to decide which Rev. to use. I've read mixed reviews about Rev. Kevin Knox and Jack Day (along with Tim Herring). Rev Tim's reviews are probably the worst out of them all. Can you recommend any of them and tell me why? The decision is slightly overwhelming.

Thanks!
WittyAmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:44 AM   #2
Pumbaa7287
I am the great Stone Dragon!
You may ask why someone would want to inflict that kind of pain on themselves

Witty, you'll probably get quicker and better responses if you post this over in the Disney Weddings board! Hope that helps!

Kungaloosh!

Oh the places you'll go:
Animal Kingdom Lodge, Beach Club, Old Key West, Wilderness Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans Resort, Saratoga Springs, All-Star Movies, Pop Century

And miles to go before I sleep:
Boardwalk Inn, Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Yacht Club, All-Star Music, All-Star Sports, Art of Animation

10 down, 8 to go!
Pumbaa7287 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 01:10 PM   #3
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Welcome!
Old 02-07-2013, 01:39 PM   #4
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by WittyAmb View Post
Hi Everyone!

We're getting married at Disney's Wedding Pavilion in Orlando and we're trying to decide which Rev. to use. I've read mixed reviews about Rev. Kevin Knox and Jack Day (along with Tim Herring). Rev Tim's reviews are probably the worst out of them all. Can you recommend any of them and tell me why? The decision is slightly overwhelming.

Thanks!
Hello and to the DIS! Early congratulations on your wedding - how exciting!

I agree with Pumbaa - the best place to get answers to this question is on the Disney Weddings and Honeymoons Forum here on the DIS - click the link to go directly there.

If you have other questions, do not hesitate to ask. Best wishes and I hope your Disney wedding is magical!

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:43 PM   #5
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Moving this to the Wedding Planning Forum

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:50 PM   #6
WittyAmb
Mouseketeer

Ha! Thanks! I'm still figuring out how to use this whole DIS thing. :-)
WittyAmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:10 AM   #7
stichandangel
Earning My Ears

Rev jack is my choice. We used rev. Kevin. And it was not worth it. I paid all fee's and 5 mins before the ceremony he comes demanding another 150 for a rehearsal fee fir another person that did it. The price was never told to me before hand and the other gentleman never told me about it and Kevin refused to do the ceremony till it was paid. Taking every spare dollar in cash had on me. He was rude and very hard to deal with. But I will say if you can get past the behind the scenes bull then your fine because it was a amazing ceremony
stichandangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:59 PM   #8
SugarPlumFairyUK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WittyAmb View Post
Hi Everyone!

Thanks!

We booked Rev Kev and it has been very professional so far I have to say. Of course we haven't had our ceremony yet but if the information, assistance and booking procedure etc is anything to go by I'm not worried at all. Hope you get something sorted.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:28 AM   #9
kkbutterfly
Mouseketeer

I used Rev Kev and have no complaints. He (and his wife) had great communication before and he was very helpful day of. We picked our ceremony from what was provided and he stayed right to the script and didn't offer any changes (we wanted a non religious ceremony and he kept it that way which we appreciated). He quietly told us what to do during the ceremony and walked through everything with my husband prior to the ceremony. Disney also seems to recommend him.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:20 PM   #10
ctl
Mouseketeer

Can you bring your own officiant?

If you don't want to use either can you bring your own officiant from outside WDW or does it have to be a Disney approved minister?
Old 02-11-2013, 10:28 PM   #11
mb187143
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctl
If you don't want to use either can you bring your own officiant from outside WDW or does it have to be a Disney approved minister?
First, Disney doesn't "recommend" any particular officiant. They provide list of vendors that brides frequently use to help brides select cosmetology services, formalwear/steaming, officiants, stationary, etc that are familiar with DFTW. This is not an endorsement by Disney, and you should not interpret it as such. Disney makes no representation to the quality of the services nor do they accept any responsibility for any services on the part of those vendors. There are quite a few more than two officiants on that list for example, so there are many options other than the two discussed in this thread.

Yes, you can bring your own officiant. Including those ordained online. Disney doesn't approve anyone, it's the state of Florida's requirements that would need to be met in this case.

mb187143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:43 PM   #12
mommary
DIS Veteran

I just want to put in a good word for Rev Jack.
We used him for our vow renewal in Oct 2011 and he was wonderful.
I had found a non religious ceremony on line that I sent to him to use and he really made it his own. He is a sweet man.
mommary is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disney bride, disney weddings, officiants

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: