Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2013, 07:51 AM   #1
disney613
Earning My Ears

Swimming

Can my sister's family come to our WDW resort and swim? She is also staying at a WDW resort. We just so happen to be down there at the same time and thought it might be fun for the cousins.
disney613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:24 AM   #2
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney613 View Post
Can my sister's family come to our WDW resort and swim? She is also staying at a WDW resort. We just so happen to be down there at the same time and thought it might be fun for the cousins.
There is a great FAQ over on the Resorts Board that explains all the rules about using pools at other resorts. Here is the link to it:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2450438

Hope this helps!

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2013, 08:29 AM   #3
lililoo12
Mouseketeer

not if you are at sab they check and give out wristbands. not sure about the others.
lililoo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:29 AM   #4
lililoo12
Mouseketeer

just bc you stay onproperty means nothing. why should someone staying and paying value prices be able to come to a pool where I am paying deluxe prices.
lililoo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:02 PM   #5
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Pool hopping is not allowed except between sister resorts. Unless you are DVC (and even they have restrictions)
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:06 PM   #6
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney613 View Post
It depends. If you both are staying at sister resorts (i.e., one family at Port Orleans Riverside and one at Port Orleans French Quarter), then yes she can as guests at those 2 resorts can use both pools. I think the All Star resorts (sports, movies, music) are "sister" resorts where guests staying at one can use the pool at the other 2. Other than sister resorts, there is no pool hopping and they would only be able to swim where they are staying. Guests are not entitled to use another resort's pool even if they are staying on property as each resort's pool is only for the guests staying at that particular resort. Some will tell you it's ok to pool hop, but it's not allowed. BearcatsFan posted a link to a thread filled with information that explains everything .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: