DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 06:42 PM   #1
cavesrus
Mouseketeer

I think i. Drinking the coolaid but....

I called my sales guy at dvc and well I'm thinking about buying direct. Due to more option at staying at disney, over the years. From what I under stand if u buy direct u get al option resale only on site disney correct. Also looked into resale and most have used pts for 2013. D like option to use pts for disney adv. even though prob not great value but I'm sure it off sets some of the price. Thinking 150 to 160 pts. For now. Help lol. They r offering 2012 2013 pts for normal price and like the uy of sept
cavesrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:49 PM   #2
ToddyLu
Welcome aboard explorers- I love Mr. Ray

you will always get the current UY of points, and 2013 points. They sorta twist it to make you think you are getting something special. If you are purchasing in the 2012UY then you get those points, they aren't "giving" it to you. Yeah, I got the same speech.

To take an adventure on DVC points with ABD it costs a lot of points. I think my Ireland trip a couple of years ago was going to be 400 points per person for one week. Sorry but if I only get my 210 a year I wanna go to WDW.

I think a 3 night cruise is like 130 points. I would pay cash instead of using my points.

I would purchase resale and then rent a reservation from a DVC Member for the current year--or just borrow 2013 points.
first trip ASMo 2002, ASMo 2003, ASMo 2004 twice, ASMo 2005, POFQ 2006, Pop 2007, Pop 12/2008 with DDP, AKV SV 10/09 with DDP, AKV SV 12/10, AKV 5/11, AKV SV 10/11, AKV 5/12, AKV 10/12, AKV 11/13, AKV 5/14, AKV 10/14
My DH loves me for my points!!
ToddyLu is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2013, 06:56 PM   #3
cavesrus
Mouseketeer

What about option of staying at other locations on property? Like pol etc. we would like to stay there once I'm sure is the trade in value just not there on those as well?
Old 01-07-2013, 07:00 PM   #4
sara mom
Mouseketeer

I'm pretty sure if you want to stay at Poly using your direct buy points, you have to pay a $95 exchange fee to do this...just like an RCI exchange.
sara mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:14 PM   #5
cavesrus
Mouseketeer

What r direct buy pts?
Old 01-07-2013, 07:22 PM   #6
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavesrus View Post
What r direct buy pts?
direct = pts contract from your sales guy at disney - can theoretically book the poly, disney cruises and adv by disney

resale = pts contract from an individual through a broker (not disney) - no poly, no disney cruises, no adv by disney

chalee94 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:20 PM   #7
chalee94

Quote:
D like option to use pts for disney adv. even though prob not great value but I'm sure it off sets some of the price. Thinking 150 to 160 pts. For now. Help lol.
the cheapest "adventures by disney" trade option is for the 6-day california tour - it's over 700 pts for 2 adults plus the $95 trade fee.

trading for a week in a hotel room at the poly in the first week of december 2013 would run 366 pts for a garden view plus the $95 trade fee...that would just about score you a 2BR theme park view villa at BLT for the same period.

both on the monorail - but one's a 1150 square feet villa with separate bed rooms, a full kitchen and washer/dryer with a theme park view vs. a hotel room with a garden view.

it's your money - feel free. but it would be a good idea to put down the kool-aid and take a good look at the point charts for those trading options that make you willing to pay double the price...

Old 01-07-2013, 07:39 PM   #8
zavandor
DIS Veteran

Think about the difference of money you have to pay to buy direct. How many cruises or poly stay can you book for those money?
Let's say you save 60$ pp over buying direct for 160 points. It's $9600. You can do a lot with $9600. You can book 9 3-night cruises with them for two people.
zavandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:55 PM   #9
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I called my sales guy at dvc and well I'm thinking about buying direct. Due to more option at staying at disney, over the years. From what I under stand if u buy direct u get al option resale only on site disney correct. Also looked into resale and most have used pts for 2013. D like option to use pts for disney adv. even though prob not great value but I'm sure it off sets some of the price. Thinking 150 to 160 pts. For now. Help lol. They r offering 2012 2013 pts for normal price and like the uy of sept
From the sound of it you really need to take more time to research the differences between direct and resale purchases. A lot of the options available to direct purchasers are not a good value and in your situation where you are looking to buy 160 points are not really accessible to you. Your salesperson is not offering you anything special and you are not going to miss out on anything if you wait. Take the time to do the research and then make your decision. I would suggest starting with a copy of the DVC brochure that outlines all of the possibilities for direct point usage. Your salesperson can provide you with one and it will show you exactly how far your 160 points will go if you are trying to use them to cruise or stay at the Poly (hint: it's not very far). Good luck!
Old 01-07-2013, 08:07 PM   #10
cavesrus
Mouseketeer

Ok I didn't look at conversation chart on those. I have read on here for 1+ years. Jut few things. Like I said I was on punch lol didn't buy. I will call a few of resale s tomorrow. It seams most of the contracts out there r little or big or wrong uy. On our uy. I c us stay at disney mor n sept/nov. and possible feb. not around major holidays or n summer ue to work and wife's time off work. So I was thinking sept uy would b good what r your thoughts?

Ty
Old 01-07-2013, 08:15 PM   #11
chalee94

Quote:
On our uy. I c us stay at disney mor n sept/nov. and possible feb. not around major holidays or n summer ue to work and wife's time off work. So I was thinking sept uy would b good what r your thoughts?
sounds good. if you rarely/never travel in june-july-august, then sept is a good year. and moreso if you typically travel between sept and feb...

Old 01-07-2013, 08:48 PM   #12
cavesrus
Mouseketeer

Those months r hard since I own roofing company. Aug is possible but hard o sy when kid gt older I personal have no issue takn kids out of school at young age to Travel.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:50 PM   #13
cavesrus
Mouseketeer

Also whee is rofr thread is it not on iPad app? I can not seem to find it.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:02 PM   #14
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Also whee is rofr thread is it not on iPad app? I can not seem to find it.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....highlight=rofr
Old 01-07-2013, 09:54 PM   #15
cavesrus
Mouseketeer

Ty for some reason I couldn't find it prob just get to side tracked lol!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: