Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2012, 09:29 AM   #2
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

While we wait...Some Disney Magic

Limited Time Magic January 14, 2013 - Donald, Daisy, Chip and Dale - Beaches and Cream

Sometimes all you Need is a Laugh - Part 1 (Giggle Gang)

Sometimes All You Need is a Laugh - Part 2 (snacks)

Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Merchandise - Gaston's Tavern - MK Construction

More Pictures of Gaston's Tavern

Price Increase of Pork Shank

The Great and Powerful OZ at F&G Festival Part 1 -Games

OZ Part 2 - Playground

OZ Part 3 - Photo Opportunities

F&G Festival - Part 1 - Entrance to Tink's Butterfly House

BOG Birthday Bash Part 1

BOG Birthday Bash Part 2 - Dessert & Beast M&G

Last edited by lovethattink; 03-27-2013 at 06:47 AM.
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2012, 09:33 AM   #3
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

I am here! Super excited for a new PTR Tink!

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:06 AM   #4
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

The Who: Introductions.

If you've followed any of my TRs you know that my family loves Disney and Star Wars. I am the biggest Disney fan in the family and DS(8) aka Anakin is the biggest Star Wars fan of the family. When asked what his favorite season is, he's quick to answer with Star Wars. Yes, Star Wars has a season to him...Star Wars Weekends.

Since he is the biggest fan, we'll start with Anakin. He is 8 years old. He is an avid fan of the original triology and quickly became a fan of Clone Wars after meeting Ashley Eckstein in 2011.

For his first SWW he was an infant. We were watching his 10 years older, brother participate in the Padawan Mind Challenge, back then I think it was just called Star Wars Trivia. So this should be his 9th Annual Star Wars Weekend. We stumbled upon it by accident that first year.

Besides Star Wars and Disney he is very active in our local community theater. He takes acting classes with his homeschool group and is in a special needs theater troupe. He plays on a special needs buddy baseball team. He also takes voice lessons at a local university. While I am not very crafty, he enjoys making Star Wars soap, tissue boxes and bird houses.

Next up is my oldest son aka Grumpy. The newer trilogy was released as he was growing up. He prefers the original, but is still a big fan of the first three episodes. Kit Fisto is his favorite character, and this summer at Celebration VI he had the opportunity to meet the star who played him.

SWWs of the past

This storm trooper would not let him pass until he withdrew his light saber. He chased him all around the street. It was so much fun.

Grumpy and his friend Nathaniel doing the trivia.

We are not sure if Grumpy will join us for SWW. He hasn't applied yet, but he is hoping to apply to Disney's Culinary Program once they visit his school in the spring. So he might be cooking at Disney starting sometime in May if he gets accepted into the program. Presently he is going to college full time and working 30 hours a week at a store that sells fish and reptiles. On his days off he enjoys fishing or playing storage wars.

Dh aka Goofy is becoming a bigger Star Wars fan every day. He has discovered the Star Wars universe outside of the 6 Episodes. He really likes Timothy Zahn's writing. He's currently reading Star Wars: Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina edited by Kevin J. Anderson. Besides Star Wars, in his free time he enjoys fishing and going to Disney.

Guess I'm up now. There aren't too many pictures of me because I am always behind the camera. I am wife, mom, caregiver, educator, and whatever else my role needs to be.

Old 12-30-2012, 11:11 AM   #5
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Oh wow!! This is great. I didn't even give anyone a heads up that I started and you both are here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
I am here! Super excited for a new PTR Tink!

D~
I'm super excited that you are here! Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
OOHHH a new TR!! I am so in. You all are eventually going to teach me something about this Star Wars stuff! I am trying. And really, who can resist cookies???
You are good! You found me! I so appreciate you here! Oh yeah, stick with me and you'll learn a thing or two about Star Wars, lol.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:37 AM   #6
danicaca
Mouseketeer

Your title drew me in - I think I am attracted to anything that sounds like Star Wars - and who do I find, but YOU! Looking forward to getting a lot of great SWW info from you!
No countdown for now, but a trip in December of this year or perhaps next is in the works - woo hoo!
danicaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:39 AM   #7
danicaca
Mouseketeer

Oh, and how did you get to meet Ashley Eckstein? Just curious!
No countdown for now, but a trip in December of this year or perhaps next is in the works - woo hoo!
danicaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:30 AM   #8
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

OOHHH a new TR!! I am so in. You all are eventually going to teach me something about this Star Wars stuff! I am trying. And really, who can resist cookies???
blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:10 AM   #9
WDWRids
Ready to go back!!

JJ's charity idea tugs at my heart! I know several families that have adult children who are unable to care for themselves as well. The parents are getting up in age and they do not have other children. I really worry what will happen. Keep us posted on what you do as I know lots of us will support it.

JJ is amazing what he strives to do. While he does have some areas he may struggle in (getting dressed), there are so many amazing things you share with us that he does. With his young age and advancements in medical treatments, I pray things will continue to improve every day.

Getting ready for some snow over the weekend........looking forward to some warm Florida weather in 11 days
WDWRids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:47 AM   #10
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
I KNOW this concern all too well. I hope this might be something that speaks to your hearts if it is meant to be.

I wanted to be one of the first to wish my sweet friends a very

[/CENTER]
Right now the theater is our number one fundraiser project. $60,000 is what needs to be raised.

Once we have assurance that the theater is healthy financially, then we will move on to the other.

I know you have those thoughts yourself. I believe we talked about it at some point how we were both concerned about the future of our children. JJ always says, "when I don't have seizures anymore, I'm going to do...." I surely hope there will come a day when he doesn't have seizures anymore. I know the docs say it's highly unlikely, but I'll always hold out for that miracle.

Thanks for the Valentine's wishes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWRids View Post
JJ's charity idea tugs at my heart! I know several families that have adult children who are unable to care for themselves as well. The parents are getting up in age and they do not have other children. I really worry what will happen. Keep us posted on what you do as I know lots of us will support it.

JJ is amazing what he strives to do. While he does have some areas he may struggle in (getting dressed), there are so many amazing things you share with us that he does. With his young age and advancements in medical treatments, I pray things will continue to improve every day.

Getting ready for some snow over the weekend........looking forward to some warm Florida weather in 11 days
As I wrote above, the theater is our number 1 right now. If the theater isn't staying afloat, then the special needs program can't. It costs about $10,000 to put on those two special needs plays. He isn't only in that program, but he also participates in the homeschool program and hopefully will get into the summer children's play. They often cast the special needs children into the other children's plays. Since this is his first, it will probably be general assembly. But he has to audition like everyone else, singing 16 bars and reading script. I'm not worried about the singing, but the reading will be a huge challenge for him. Thankfully he is very expressive as he is sounding out words.

Thanks, his condition really fascinates the medical community that sees him. His extra neurons are around the same area that Einstein had extra glial cells. We are working hard on developing his strengths and overcoming his weaknesses.

It's interesting that he can remember much of the script from seeing a play once. Twice and he had even more memorized. I guess it's different parts of the brain that work better than others for him. He notices find detail, where dh and I see the general picture.

He can recite the whole Hyperspace Hoopla from last year's SWW. He also knows the lines of the storm troopers from the preshow for Stars of the Saga. If something changes, he can pick out what was different.

Did you get the pm I sent you back? I asked if you had texting?
Old 02-15-2013, 12:23 PM   #11
WDWRids
Ready to go back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
As I wrote above, the theater is our number 1 right now. If the theater isn't staying afloat, then the special needs program can't. It costs about $10,000 to put on those two special needs plays. He isn't only in that program, but he also participates in the homeschool program and hopefully will get into the summer children's play. They often cast the special needs children into the other children's plays. Since this is his first, it will probably be general assembly. But he has to audition like everyone else, singing 16 bars and reading script. I'm not worried about the singing, but the reading will be a huge challenge for him. Thankfully he is very expressive as he is sounding out words.

Thanks, his condition really fascinates the medical community that sees him. His extra neurons are around the same area that Einstein had extra glial cells. We are working hard on developing his strengths and overcoming his weaknesses.

It's interesting that he can remember much of the script from seeing a play once. Twice and he had even more memorized. I guess it's different parts of the brain that work better than others for him. He notices find detail, where dh and I see the general picture.

He can recite the whole Hyperspace Hoopla from last year's SWW. He also knows the lines of the storm troopers from the preshow for Stars of the Saga. If something changes, he can pick out what was different.

Did you get the pm I sent you back? I asked if you had texting?
The brain is truly an amazing thing!! His strengths are amazing!!! He appears so more mature than his age in how he relates to things. His strengths will get him far.

No, I didn't see the pm but yes, I have unlimited texting. I'll go look for the pm now.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:33 PM   #12
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

such an amazing boy JJ is! love the fact he wants to help others!
know what the theater means to you all and would be happy to help out!!!

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:52 PM   #13
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWRids View Post
The brain is truly an amazing thing!! His strengths are amazing!!! He appears so more mature than his age in how he relates to things. His strengths will get him far.

No, I didn't see the pm but yes, I have unlimited texting. I'll go look for the pm now.
Thanks. He definately can relate better with adults or teens much better than he does his peers. I think that's why he gets along so well with the kids at his theater classes. They are all much older than him, 12 and up.

Look forward to meeting both you and your dh soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
such an amazing boy JJ is! love the fact he wants to help others!
know what the theater means to you all and would be happy to help out!!!
Thanks. I am too. Especially after the initial psych evaluation he had that said he was incapable of empathy. He does have a tender heartfor others and has come a long way.

Awesome!
Old 02-15-2013, 06:42 PM   #14
Restrasz
Mouseketeer

JJ sounds like a young man I'd love to meet!! A very big heart in a small body. He will go a long way and is a very smart boy.
Restrasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:16 PM   #15
WDWRids
Ready to go back!!

Yay for the buddy baseball!!! So glad to hear it went well and JJ met some new friends! How often will they play/practice?

Have fun with the hip hop class tomorrow! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: