Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2012, 01:59 PM   #1
Dano13
Mouseketeer

Disney Embarkation from Port Canaveral, FL

Hello,

I am taking my Family on the Disney Fantasy in July and have been reading some mixed messages about embarkation. I should preface this with stating we were fortunate enough already to go on the Disney Dream in July 2011 and can't wait to see her sister. My specific question though is, in 2011 the embarkation was truly first come, first served, when getting to the terminal you were given a group number and simply had to wait regardless of what time you had registered for online. I have heard this changed and now when putting in your expected arrival time you are allocated a group number so showing up at 9AM will do nothing for you if you are slated to be there at 12:30 in group 30, etc. Can anyone verify that this is the case? We tend to be overly prompt and will arrive early, but I could do without sitting on the floor for 3 1/2 hours this time around. I truly appreciate any information that could be provided. Have a wonderful holiday season.

Thanks,
Dan
Dano13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:06 PM   #2
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Moving to the Disney Cruise Line board.

Sent from my iPod touch using DISBoards

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-26-2012, 05:13 PM   #3
kcashner
DIS Veteran

This is correct. Group 1 is concierge, group 2 is Platinum CC. Beyond that, your boarding card time is tied to your port arrival time (which you select on line as part of your on line check in). When you get to the check in counter, the computer issues your boarding number.

If you arrive at 9, you will have the joy of waiting till 10:30 or later when the terminal opens IF they even allow you into the port area. Officially the terminal opens at 11, but we were on the first bus from the airport and were the first family into the terminal at 10:30 on our last Fantasy cruise. They took the people from our bus, and after that group was thru opened to the people waiting in line. Boarding goes quite quickly once it starts. Again, boarding normally starts at 11:45, but on our most recent cruise it started at 11:30.

If you want to board early, all you can do is go on line at 90 days before embarkation and get the earliest terminal arrival time that is available. That will tie to an earlier boarding card number.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:47 PM   #4
Capt_BJ
So Many Times

arrive at noon

avoid the "me first" crowd

experience less stress

you'll probably be on by 12:30 with no lines

WDW more than I can count incl EPCOT opening
40+ cruises including
DCL x 7 incl inaugural years of Magic and Wonder
retired 29 yr USCG, 12 years at sea, 4 in Command
Capt_BJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:43 PM   #5
Dano13
Mouseketeer

Embarkation

Thanks for the insights. I guess my biggest fear is being told to arrive at Noon and people that were directed to arrive at 2 are taken ahead of me, which is largely the type of thing I experienced 2 summers ago. I was hoping that they hold to the predetermined grouping that are assigned on the pre-boarding registration this time around.

Thanks again for the comments and advice.
Dano13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:02 AM   #6
ssanders79
NO FLASH photography means just that!

I used to belong to the "me first" crowd and arrive at 9. This was before the port arrival times when it was first come first served. Now it is awesome to just show up during your PAT, check in, and walk on with very little wait.

ssanders79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: