Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2012, 07:11 PM   #1
Tinkershelly
DisneyWorld trip winner!
Holy moley, there are soooo many items!

Air miles for booking flights?

Has anyone here had experience using Air Miles to book flights? I've been collecting them for, well forever, and I just realized I have enough to get return flights to Orlando. My question is how easy is it to get decent flights and what airlines will I be allowed to book with.

I used my Continental/United points for our last trip and it was very easy, even easy and free to rebook when they changed schedules around, but I know that's not the case with Aeroplan.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:19 PM   #2
sechelt
Mouseketeer

Love Airmiles! Used them twice to WDW and even more to DL, always on Westjet. Never had a problem getting decent flights although coming from the West Coast, we always arrive late at night. To Orlando we went through Toronto or Montreal so that added extra time but still pretty sweet. We booked online and it was pretty easy to do.
sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2012, 07:29 PM   #3
Disney Bound Mommy
Earning My Ears

We've used Air Miles 3 times to book flights to Orlando. The first time was from Toronto, on Westjet. Second time was out of Buffalo (I'm not sure how that was allowed because I'm pretty sure there is a rule that you need to start your trip in Canada). Last time was out of Toronto on Air Canada. It was really easy all three times. Booked the trips on line and had a good choice of flights. When we booked out of Buffalo it was a lot less miles required, and the taxes were a lot less too. But when we tried that for the 3rd trip, Buffalo was no longer an option. The whole process was very simple, very pleased with the results, and are currently saving for our next trip.
Disney Bound Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:58 PM   #4
Happy 2 B Me
I have ears --just not Disney Ears.

Books as early as possible to get the best seats and best travel times. I use Alaska Airmiles to book airfare to DL. As long as I book early enough I can get non stop flights both directions. There are only so many seats available per flight times and flight schedule. So this is one time the early bird does get the worm Have fun.
Happy 2 B Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:10 PM   #5
Tinkershelly
DisneyWorld trip winner!
Holy moley, there are soooo many items!

Thanks everyone! The flights for October/November 2013 aren't available yet so I can't pull the trigger yet, but soon enough.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:49 AM   #6
DisneyRookie2007
DisDad Member #660

Keep checking periodically to see what flights become released and when the departure times are acceptable - buy it! There's no guarantee that the next day the same flights will be available...that's been my experience.

Also, the available flights seem to alternate from WJ and AC (from my departure city anyways).

I checked out flights in early September for a planned Orlando vacation in February. Well, since that time, I haven't seen the same flights since - and sometimes nothing is available at all....so buy it when they are available - cause you can never tell if and when the same flights will be available again.
2010 (Jan): POR
2012 (Mar): POP
DisneyRookie2007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: