Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2012, 08:49 AM   #1
artnerds
That's just unproFESSIONAL, gurl.

Wedding proposal

I will be proposing to my bf on our cruise in March. Any suggestions on the best time/place to do it? I'm particularly interested in hearing from you folks who have been on the Fantasy.

At the moment, my two thoughts are:
- At Remy brunch or Palo dinner, both of which are scheduled on our actual anniversary. (I was kind of leaning toward the brunch, since it is fancy and romantic and includes champagne.)
- On the beach at Serenity Bay on our last cruise day, which is 5 days after our anniversary.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:52 AM   #2
Jaco5nc
Excited about our Upcoming Trip

I have no experience on the Fantasy, however, they both sound perfect:-)!!
Register to remove

Old 11-18-2012, 12:57 PM   #3
artnerds

Thanks! I'm super excited and also super nervous about it. I will probably avoid the beach scenario if only because I know I'll have a nervous-klutzy moment and lose the rings in the sand or something.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:03 PM   #4
married2mm
DIS Veteran

sorry, i've only been to wdw, i'm just a (romantic)nosy posy and was drawn to your thread.

so, would just like to wish you good luck, and hope you both have a wondenful time.
married2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:02 PM   #5
artnerds

Quote:
Originally Posted by married2mm
sorry, i've only been to wdw, i'm just a (romantic)nosy posy and was drawn to your thread. so, would just like to wish you good luck, and hope you both have a wondenful time.
Aww, thanks! Since you mentioned it, where would you want to propose/be proposed to at WDW?
Old 11-18-2012, 05:13 PM   #6
married2mm
DIS Veteran

ooh, good question- definitely outside cinderella's castle.
married2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:21 PM   #7
artnerds

Quote:
Originally Posted by married2mm
for me, it would be in Bistro de Paris in Epcot, during Illuminations (That was my original plan before we booked the cruise.)
Old 11-20-2012, 09:55 AM   #8
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by married2mm View Post
omg....thats where I would do it!
Old 11-20-2012, 09:39 AM   #9
jgh
Peter Pan!

Awww, first of all, CONGRATS!

I would suggest one of the meals ON your anniversary.

I'd also suggest doing it sooner rather than later in the trip, so you can bask in the happiness for the majority of the vacation! For this reason, I wouldn't do it your last day on Serenity Bay.

jgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:48 AM   #10
artnerds

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgh
Awww, first of all, CONGRATS!

I would suggest one of the meals ON your anniversary.

I'd also suggest doing it sooner rather than later in the trip, so you can bask in the happiness for the majority of the vacation! For this reason, I wouldn't do it your last day on Serenity Bay.
Thanks!

Yes, I've been thinking about this ever since I posted it, and II think you're exactly right. I've decided to pop the question during the Remy Champagne Brunch on Sunday morning. We'll be well-rested and have the full at-sea day to...ahem...celebrate.

Of course, the celebrating and basking in happiness is dependent on his saying "yes," so until then I will remain a nervous wreck.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:49 AM   #11
cris0809
Might be why the rum is always gone

Yes brunch!! Dinner is moody and romantic but brunch you get to see that beautiful view and each other. Plus in Remy they'll make it super special I'm sure.

The Fantasy is amazing. If you'll be at WDW beforehand see if you can sneak Just Engaged buttons onboard with you - DCL doesn't have them, just the married ones. They do have "I'm celebrating" and "Happy Anniversary" DCL specific ones though.

Have a fabulous time and congratulations!

Cristy (& Anne)
WDW: Lifelong Passholder DLR: 1st Visit Feb 08 DLRP: Oct 10 Aulani: May 12 DCL: Magic {Western/Double Dip} Nov 09 Wonder Jan 10, Wonder Aug 10, Wonder {Mexico} Feb 11, Dream {Birthday Trip!} Oct 11 Fantasy {Eastern} Oct 12 Dream Nov 12, Dream Dec 12, Wonder {Miami w/Castaway} Jan 13, Wonder {WBPC} May 13, Magic {Anniversary & Platinum!} Nov 13 Wonder {Miami w/Key West} Jan 14, Fantasy {Western} Mar 14, Fantasy {Eastern} May 14, Magic {Southern} Sept 14, Dream {Friends' Vow Renewal} Nov 14, Magic {Friends' Wedding} May 15

110 Days at Sea
cris0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:17 AM   #12
artnerds

Thank you!

What a superb idea about the engagement buttons. Unfortunately, we're not staying at WDW until after the cruise. I wonder if I can get in touch with Guest Services and get them to mail me a couple of buttons in advance. Worst case scenario, we can get them after the cruise when we get to our resort.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:21 AM   #13
cris0809
Might be why the rum is always gone

Doesn't hurt to try!

If they tell you they can't let me know I might be able to drop some in the mail.
WDW: Lifelong Passholder DLR: 1st Visit Feb 08 DLRP: Oct 10 Aulani: May 12 DCL: Magic {Western/Double Dip} Nov 09 Wonder Jan 10, Wonder Aug 10, Wonder {Mexico} Feb 11, Dream {Birthday Trip!} Oct 11 Fantasy {Eastern} Oct 12 Dream Nov 12, Dream Dec 12, Wonder {Miami w/Castaway} Jan 13, Wonder {WBPC} May 13, Magic {Anniversary & Platinum!} Nov 13 Wonder {Miami w/Key West} Jan 14, Fantasy {Western} Mar 14, Fantasy {Eastern} May 14, Magic {Southern} Sept 14, Dream {Friends' Vow Renewal} Nov 14, Magic {Friends' Wedding} May 15

110 Days at Sea
cris0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:41 AM   #14
artnerds

The Guest Services folks said they'd be happy to have engagement buttons waiting for us when we check in at the resort, but they can't mail them to us in advance. Boo, but not really a surprise. So, if anyone will be in the parks or at a WDW resort over the next couple of months and doesn't mind stopping in Guest Services and nabbing us a couple of engagement buttons, that would be awesome! Of course, I'd be happy to PayPal the cost of postage to you.

UPDATE: A better solution...I decided to change our plans a little. We are going to fly down the day before our cruise and stay at Boardwalk Villas that night. That way, we can relax, have a nice meal that evening, and head to the port the next morning without stress. I will sneak away and get two "Just Engaged" buttons from Guest Services and put them in my luggage to bring on the cruise.

Last edited by artnerds; 11-21-2012 at 12:45 PM.
artnerds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:07 PM   #15
Rememberingthe70s
Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by artnerds
The Guest Services folks said they'd be happy to have engagement buttons waiting for us when we check in at the resort, but they can't mail them to us in advance. Boo, but not really a surprise. So, if anyone will be in the parks or at a WDW resort over the next couple of months and doesn't mind stopping in Guest Services and nabbing us a couple of engagement buttons, that would be awesome! Of course, I'd be happy to PayPal the cost of postage to you.

UPDATE: A better solution...I decided to change our plans a little. We are going to fly down the day before our cruise and stay at Boardwalk Villas that night. That way, we can relax, have a nice meal that evening, and head to the port the next morning without stress. I will sneak away and get two "Just Engaged" buttons from Guest Services and put them in my luggage to bring on the cruise.
Excellent plan! And congrats!

My husband and I got married last year (We're in New York) - Its so AWESOME to see states coming around here in the US one by one, and to see couples getting into it. I love the Remy proposal idea!!
WDW Commando Club Member #119
36 Years of Vacationing at WDW
Rememberingthe70s is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: