Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 12:48 PM   #1
Belle & Ariel
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 1,883

Super Grover Pass on Sale Now

Last year I read about an incredible deal here on the Sea World board.

Sesame Place which is related to Sea World Parks has an annual pass that includes:
Sea World in Orlando, San Antonio,TX, and San Diego, CA
Busch Gardens in Tampa and Williamsburg, VA
of course Sesame Place in PA
Waterparks-
Aquatica in Orlando
Adventure Island in Tampa
Water Country USA in Williamsburg, VA

It is a premium pass so you get benefits:
Preferred parking at all parks
Preferred seating at shows--arrive at least 15 minutes early
Ride Again on popular rides--not on Cheetah Hunt Busch Gardens Tampa
Discount on food and merchandise
and various monthly or seasonal promotions

It is good from purchase date through December 31, 2013. Regular price is $212 but from 11/17 til 12/31 it is 25% off or $159. From 1/1/13 til 3/13 you save 20% so it is a little more. You can pay to have it shipped but for no extra charge you can print off a voucher and redeem for pass at your first park. We showed our voucher and received free premium parking the first visit.
sesameplace.com
It is less than $10 more than an AP for Sea World and cheaper than SW/BG or SW/Aquatica APs.
We have thouroughly enjoyed ours and wanted to share this info with those planning visits.
And thank you to those who shared this info last year.
Belle & Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:21 PM   #2
greenclan67
Callie35
 
greenclan67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Manitoulin Island, Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,428

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle & Ariel View Post
Last year I read about an incredible deal here on the Sea World board.

Sesame Place which is related to Sea World Parks has an annual pass that includes:
Sea World in Orlando, San Antonio,TX, and San Diego, CA
Busch Gardens in Tampa and Williamsburg, VA
of course Sesame Place in PA
Waterparks-
Aquatica in Orlando
Adventure Island in Tampa
Water Country USA in Williamsburg, VA

It is a premium pass so you get benefits:
Preferred parking at all parks
Preferred seating at shows--arrive at least 15 minutes early
Ride Again on popular rides--not on Cheetah Hunt Busch Gardens Tampa
Discount on food and merchandise
and various monthly or seasonal promotions

It is good from purchase date through December 31, 2013. Regular price is $212 but from 11/17 til 12/31 it is 25% off or $159. From 1/1/13 til 3/13 you save 20% so it is a little more. You can pay to have it shipped but for no extra charge you can print off a voucher and redeem for pass at your first park. We showed our voucher and received free premium parking the first visit.
sesameplace.com
It is less than $10 more than an AP for Sea World and cheaper than SW/BG or SW/Aquatica APs.
We have thouroughly enjoyed ours and wanted to share this info with those planning visits.
And thank you to those who shared this info last year.
I might just have to buy myself 2!!! That is a great deal!
__________________


ME DH DD (12): DD We love good times!
2012 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 13 days
2011 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 12 days
2010 Cypress Pointe Resort 12 days
2009 Bonnett Creek 8 days
2008 Solano Resort 8 days
greenclan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-16-2012, 09:11 PM   #3
staceyeileen
Mouseketeer
 
staceyeileen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Clermont, FL
Posts: 276

where do you buy this? link?
staceyeileen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:15 PM   #4
staceyeileen
Mouseketeer
 
staceyeileen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Clermont, FL
Posts: 276

ok, I found it on the sesame place site. Not valid for FL residents.
staceyeileen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:05 AM   #5
savannahcat
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 636

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle & Ariel View Post
Last year I read about an incredible deal here on the Sea World board.

Sesame Place which is related to Sea World Parks has an annual pass that includes:
Sea World in Orlando, San Antonio,TX, and San Diego, CA
Busch Gardens in Tampa and Williamsburg, VA
of course Sesame Place in PA
Waterparks-
Aquatica in Orlando
Adventure Island in Tampa
Water Country USA in Williamsburg, VA

It is a premium pass so you get benefits:
Preferred parking at all parks
Preferred seating at shows--arrive at least 15 minutes early
Ride Again on popular rides--not on Cheetah Hunt Busch Gardens Tampa
Discount on food and merchandise
and various monthly or seasonal promotions

It is good from purchase date through December 31, 2013. Regular price is $212 but from 11/17 til 12/31 it is 25% off or $159. From 1/1/13 til 3/13 you save 20% so it is a little more. You can pay to have it shipped but for no extra charge you can print off a voucher and redeem for pass at your first park. We showed our voucher and received free premium parking the first visit.
sesameplace.com
It is less than $10 more than an AP for Sea World and cheaper than SW/BG or SW/Aquatica APs.
We have thouroughly enjoyed ours and wanted to share this info with those planning visits.
And thank you to those who shared this info last year.
Can anyone verify that they have been able to redeem the voucher for an actual season pass at either Busch Gardens Tampa or SeaWorld Orlando?
__________________
Me(40) DH(48) DD(10) DD(8)




1985/1990 - Offsite * 9/1996 - All Star Sports * 11/2004 - Embassy Suites * 2/2005 - Embassy Suites * 4/2005 - Embassy Suites * 5/2005 - Embassy Suites * 10/2005 - Embassy Suites * 12/2006 - Windsor Hills * 5/2007 - Windsor Hills *10/2007 - Windsor Hills * 11/2008 - Windsor Hills * 1/2009 - Windsor Hills * 7/2009 - Swan * 10/2009 - Emerald Island * 6/2010 - AKV * 1/2011 - Barefoot'n in the Keys Resort * 6/2011 - AKV/Indian Creek * 6/2012 - Disney Dream * 6/2012 - BWV * 1/2013 Regal Oaks * 6/2013 BWV/SSR * 11/2013 BWV
savannahcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:38 AM   #6
angelmom27
DIS Veteran
 
angelmom27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: PSL, FL
Posts: 1,576

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyeileen
ok, I found it on the sesame place site. Not valid for FL residents.
That stinks. Just when I was getting excited too.
__________________
angelmom27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:13 AM   #7
mieuxmew
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 424

I have purchased Sesame Place passes many times. You have two options regarding getting actual passes.

If you pay a few dollars extra and have them shipped, you will receive actual active passes.

Otherwise, you will print a voucher which will need to be taken to Sesame Place to exchange for a Sesame Super Grover pass. There is a kiosk outside the entrance, which I have used off season to get a pass. I recommend spending the few extra dollars and pay for the shipping.

You may encounter a problem if you go to Seaworld with a Sesame Place voucher.
mieuxmew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:11 PM   #8
haydeecm
Mouseketeer
 
haydeecm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bellevue, WA
Posts: 193

Quote:
Originally Posted by mieuxmew View Post
I have purchased Sesame Place passes many times. You have two options regarding getting actual passes.

If you pay a few dollars extra and have them shipped, you will receive actual active passes.

Otherwise, you will print a voucher which will need to be taken to Sesame Place to exchange for a Sesame Super Grover pass. There is a kiosk outside the entrance, which I have used off season to get a pass. I recommend spending the few extra dollars and pay for the shipping.

You may encounter a problem if you go to Seaworld with a Sesame Place voucher.

I have read that in the past, but this year under important product information it specifically says "internet vouchers for season passes purchased online can be redeemed at any SeaWorld parks and entertainment location", so I wonder if that changed.

What I don't see anywhere is an actual statement about whether it can be used in the remainder of 2012. It says something about the 2013 season but I thought they had included 2012 in the past.
haydeecm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:57 AM   #9
VikingInMouseEars
DIS Veteran
 
VikingInMouseEars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 891

Quote:
Originally Posted by haydeecm View Post
I have read that in the past, but this year under important product information it specifically says "internet vouchers for season passes purchased online can be redeemed at any SeaWorld parks and entertainment location", so I wonder if that changed.

What I don't see anywhere is an actual statement about whether it can be used in the remainder of 2012. It says something about the 2013 season but I thought they had included 2012 in the past.
For some reason I had never heard about this pass until the other day. As we will be in Orlando in Dec. and plan to go back next fall this pass made sense. Having these same questions I called the Seaworld customer service number. The lady on the phone told me that yes, you can redeem the vouchers at Seaworld and yes, the pass can be used starting now.
__________________
VikingInMouseEars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:16 AM   #10
APB513
Wishing I was back in my Laughing Place
 
APB513's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Ypsilanti, MI
Posts: 2,167

I just went to the website and the price is coming up as $173.98 ($186.51 w/taxes) for ages 2 and up.

This is what is says:

Don't miss this limited time, holiday sale on Season Passes!
Purchase a 2013 Super Grover Season Pass with Christmas at 25% off the regular price - Offer ends 12/31/12!

With a 2013 Super Grover Season Pass, enjoy unlimited admission to Sesame Place (thru 10/27/13), SeaWorld (FL, TX, CA), Busch Gardens (FL, VA), Aquatica (FL, TX), Water Country USA (VA) and Adventure Island (FL) parks during their regular 2013 operating seasons. Plus unlimited admission during 2012 A Very Furry Christmas at Sesame Place.

You will also receive the following benefits at Sesame Place during the regular 2013 season:

FREE Preferred parking
30% discount on food and merchandise
30% discount on character dining experiences
Preferred seating at select shows
Ride Again privilege at select attractions
Meet & Greet visits with Sesame Street Friends
Discount admission for visiting friends and relatives and more!

You will also receive the following benefits at Sesame Place during the 2012 A Very Furry Christmas event:

FREE Very Furry Christmas parking
30% discount on food and merchandise

Restrictions apply. Promotional offer not valid on Ezpay purchases. Offer valid 11/17/12 - 12/31/12 only. Not valid on past purchases. Cannot be combined with any other offer.
__________________



1970-1980 many trips to DL, 5/1986 (offsite - MK), 12/2001 (offsite & MVMCP), 12/2002 (DLR & Paradise Pier), 9/2006 (Pop & MNSSHP, Disney Magic, AKL ), 11/2007 (Pop & MNSSHP), 12/2007 (DTD & MVMCP), 8/2008 (Loew's Royal Pacific Resort, Pop & Windsor Hills), 5/2009 (Bday Solo Trip - POFQ), 12/2009 (Loew's Portofino Bay & Pop w/FD), 8/2011 (Pop w/FD, Disney Dream & Loew's Portofino Bay), 5/2012 Disney's Travel Agent EP, Bday & Mother's Day AND Kyle starts DCP! - CSR & Contemporary, 12/2012 All Star Sports and Loew's Hard Rock Hotel, 1/2013 DLR - Disney's Travel Agent EP - Paradise Pier and Disneyland Hotel, 10/2013 Loew's Royal Pacific Resort, ASMo, Pop and CSR - Homebased Travel Agent Forum

Angela
Me DS24 DS19

Memberships: D23, Mickey Moms Club and WDW Commando Club (member #113)

Last edited by APB513; 11-19-2012 at 11:22 AM.
APB513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:23 PM   #11
robinb
DIS Veteran
 
robinb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 30,231

Whoo hoo! Thanks OP. What a great deal. I might just have to buy 3 passes myself. We are spending time in Tampa and I was thinking about getting a Fun Card for Busch Gardens, but for a bit more we get Sea World, Aquatica, free parking and discounts on food, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingInMouseEars View Post
For some reason I had never heard about this pass until the other day. As we will be in Orlando in Dec. and plan to go back next fall this pass made sense. Having these same questions I called the Seaworld customer service number. The lady on the phone told me that yes, you can redeem the vouchers at Seaworld and yes, the pass can be used starting now.
Thanks for calling! We would want to start using it in late December.
__________________
DVC Member since 1997
Walt Disney World 2013 * Disneyland Paris 2012 * Disneyland 2011 * Hong Kong Disneyland 2007 * Tokyo Disneyland 2007
robinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:56 AM   #12
christophfam
DIS Veteran
 
christophfam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 961

Can anyone tell me what the ride again feature is at the FL parks?
__________________



Me DH DS (17) DD(14)
More trips than I can count! Every year 1-2 times for the last 17 years!! Disney and Universal stays - CSR, POP, All Stars, WL, AKL, RPR , HRH
christophfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:03 PM   #13
Belle & Ariel
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 1,883

Quote:
Originally Posted by christophfam View Post
Can anyone tell me what the ride again feature is at the FL parks?
Sea World offers it at Manta, Kracken, and Journey to Atlantis. Busch Gardens has it on all the coasters except Cheetah Hunt because it is so new.
Once the ride ends, tell the operator you have platinum pass and want to ride again. Sometimes you stay in your seat and sometimes you get off and are on next car.
You go through and wait in the regular line the first time and then no wait for the second time immediately following.
Belle & Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:22 PM   #14
APB513
Wishing I was back in my Laughing Place
 
APB513's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Ypsilanti, MI
Posts: 2,167

I'm thinking about buying these passes for our trip next week. Since its so close to when we leave, I will opt for the voucher and redeem them at either BG or SW depending on which park we visit first.

Will I be able to use the free parking feature with just the voucher?
__________________



1970-1980 many trips to DL, 5/1986 (offsite - MK), 12/2001 (offsite & MVMCP), 12/2002 (DLR & Paradise Pier), 9/2006 (Pop & MNSSHP, Disney Magic, AKL ), 11/2007 (Pop & MNSSHP), 12/2007 (DTD & MVMCP), 8/2008 (Loew's Royal Pacific Resort, Pop & Windsor Hills), 5/2009 (Bday Solo Trip - POFQ), 12/2009 (Loew's Portofino Bay & Pop w/FD), 8/2011 (Pop w/FD, Disney Dream & Loew's Portofino Bay), 5/2012 Disney's Travel Agent EP, Bday & Mother's Day AND Kyle starts DCP! - CSR & Contemporary, 12/2012 All Star Sports and Loew's Hard Rock Hotel, 1/2013 DLR - Disney's Travel Agent EP - Paradise Pier and Disneyland Hotel, 10/2013 Loew's Royal Pacific Resort, ASMo, Pop and CSR - Homebased Travel Agent Forum

Angela
Me DS24 DS19

Memberships: D23, Mickey Moms Club and WDW Commando Club (member #113)
APB513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:53 PM   #15
ncfamily
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by APB513 View Post
I'm thinking about buying these passes for our trip next week. Since its so close to when we leave, I will opt for the voucher and redeem them at either BG or SW depending on which park we visit first.

Will I be able to use the free parking feature with just the voucher?
What we did is used the drop off lane. I dropped my wife off with my ID and I waited in the drop off area until she went and redeemed the passes. Once she came back I was able to park with my new pass and got preferred parking. This was at BGT but from my experience you could it at BGW and Sea World too.

Wish NC wasn't excluded anymore. However we're gonna bite the bullet and buy the 2 yr platinum pass from BGW.
ncfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.