Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2012, 10:51 AM   #1
two*little*birds
LOL I am the ultimate ride wimp!

Looking for a 7 bedroom house - any recommendations?

Yes, we're looking for a large home!

Would prefer a house that offers 2 master bedrooms.

Any recommendations?
2010 ~ WINDSOR PALMS (November 4th - 18th)
2011 ~ WYNDHAM BONNET CREEK (October 9th - 23rd)
2012 ~ INDIAN CREEK (October 7th - 21st)
2015 ~ VOW RENEWAL (TBD)
two*little*birds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:10 PM   #2
Sugardimples
DIS Veteran

Check out All star Vacation Homes.
Sugardimples is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2012, 05:40 PM   #3
sympatico
DIS Veteran

We've stayed in this one in Emerald Island: http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p253707

We're staying in this one next month: http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p142305
Lindfields: twice, Lake Davenport, Venice hotel,Oak Plantation, St. Pete's Beach Hilton, Wyndham Cypress Palms, Pink Shell Fort Myers Beach, Liki Tiki Village, Grand Reserve, Rotonda Lakes near Port Charlotte,Windsor Hills: 5 times, Indian Creek (twice), Emerald Island (4 times), Reunion Resort (twice) Sunset Lakes, Crestwynd Bay, Briarwood in Naples
sympatico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:22 AM   #4
KayR
DIS Veteran

Emerald Island has a number of 7 bedroom homes. Try www.StayAtEmeraldIsland.com

Previous Trips
September 2013: Windsor Palms Resort, 23rd July: Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean, 2nd Jan 2011: The Manor at Emerald Island, Disney Wonder Panama Canal Repositioning Cruise, Worldmark Anaheim / Sep 12th 2009 DCL Eastern with Tortola Sep 5th 2009 One week at Avalon at Windsor Palms, April 12th 2009 One week at Disneyland, California / Aug 28th 2008 5 nights at Disneyland, California / Jan 26th 2008 Windsor Palms Resort (Avalon) / Jan 19th 2008 DCL Eastern / Jan 16th 2008 Emerald Island Resort (The Manor) / Apr 4th 2007 One night at CBR then 2 weeks at Emerald Island Resort (The Manor) / Aug 16th 2006 Emerald Island Resort (The Manor)
KayR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:53 AM   #5
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugardimples View Post
Check out All star Vacation Homes.
This is my suggestion as well. All of the homes have a lot of pictures, which are true representations of the homes. We've rented twice with them and they are absolutely great to work with. They are a little more expensive than other management/rental companies or going through a private owner, but it was worth it to us as the All Star Vacation Home staff was very professional and available any time for questions or anything else that was needed. We wouldn't hesitate to rent through them again. Good luck.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:49 PM   #6
ClanHarrison
Mouseketeer

Those link to some very nice homes...for the price. My tastes are a little more...ummm...what's the word.......high maintenance . I like to spoil myself on vacation since we don't get a chance to go as often. But if you're looking for an AMAZING home and want a real treat, check the link in my sig for Star Lake Manor in Formosa Gardens. It's a 7 b/r, 6 ba home with 1 grand master suite, 3 master suites & 3 kids rooms. The cinema is equipped with well over 350 blockbuster movies (that number came from the Facebook page back in 2011 I think so that is an understatement http://www.facebook.com/StarLakeManor ) and the gameroom is NOT in the garage but has a room of its own with access to the expansive resort-style pool (...I'm beginning to sound like an advertisement lol). I just LOVE this home & the owners are the best. This place is wired with all the latest technologies i.e iPod docs EVERYWHERE, speakers everywhere, including the bathrooms, wall panels in all rooms to control everything, CCTV, (I think the owner is an IT guy so that explains that lol), even the blinds are electronic lol.

We're staying there, for the 2nd time, next year. Some in the group that I took in 2010, took another part of the family & stayed this past July. We feel like it is home to us.

All Star Vacation Homes
http://www.allstarvacationhomes.com/...rty.asp?ID=378 (Absolutely Gorgeous home!!!!) from 8/20-26/05.

We NEVER wanted to leave!

June 29-July 6, 2010...Next stop...USO/IOA. Staying on-sight again; 1 nt. @ RPR for FOTL...AWESOME! Also chillaxin' at STAR LAKE MANOR http://www.star-lake-manor.co.uk/gallery.php
. PARADISE!

We just couldn't stay away! Spring Break 4/16-4/23/11-WYNDHAM BONNET CREEK-4b/r Presidential Suite was sweeeeet !
ClanHarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:49 AM   #7
two*little*birds
LOL I am the ultimate ride wimp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClanHarrison View Post
Those link to some very nice homes...for the price. My tastes are a little more...ummm...what's the word.......high maintenance .
LOL we're the same. I know it may come across as "snobby" but to each their own right?

The house you posted is very nice and I've added it to our list. I have one other we're considering right now too.

Emerald Island does seem to have the biggest selection of larger homes though.
2010 ~ WINDSOR PALMS (November 4th - 18th)
2011 ~ WYNDHAM BONNET CREEK (October 9th - 23rd)
2012 ~ INDIAN CREEK (October 7th - 21st)
2015 ~ VOW RENEWAL (TBD)
two*little*birds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:56 AM   #8
sympatico
DIS Veteran

Try looking at the homes in Reunion Resort if price doesn't matter.
Lindfields: twice, Lake Davenport, Venice hotel,Oak Plantation, St. Pete's Beach Hilton, Wyndham Cypress Palms, Pink Shell Fort Myers Beach, Liki Tiki Village, Grand Reserve, Rotonda Lakes near Port Charlotte,Windsor Hills: 5 times, Indian Creek (twice), Emerald Island (4 times), Reunion Resort (twice) Sunset Lakes, Crestwynd Bay, Briarwood in Naples
sympatico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:36 PM   #9
ClanHarrison
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by two*little*birds View Post
LOL we're the same. I know it may come across as "snobby" but to each their own right?

The house you posted is very nice and I've added it to our list. I have one other we're considering right now too.

Emerald Island does seem to have the biggest selection of larger homes though.

It CAN come across as snobby, but believe me...I'm not, and I don't perceive you to be either. I think we just like what we like . And I tried like heck for it not to come out like that lol. I believe I've posted with you before and kinda knew your taste/comfort level so wanted to share, probably, our BEST villa experience with you. And again, there's NOTHING wrong with those lovely homes. Trust what I tell ya...those links are definitely in my *notes* as I would certainly consider them for a time when we are able to travel to Orlando more frequently (3+ times a year) and would need to save on accommodations.

Our first trip was with All Star and I would recommend them as we had a good experience with them too. I've just been able to find the same level of homes for a cheaper price so haven't had to go back to them. But I would. I used them for our first trip as I was soooo nervous about the villa route. I wanted to be sure I had someone concrete to go to if something didn't work out well. Now that I know "the game" a little better, the choices are now ENDLESS.

We haven't stayed at E.I. yet but when we stayed at Formosa, we drove around the development and saw quite a few of the larger homes. I enjoy Formosa Garden's location as well (just across the street from Acadia Estates, the first home we stayed in with All Star)...but they're ALL pretty much in the same proximity.

I know you'll find the perfect place for you guys. How can you NOT as the choices are ENDLESS. And I LOVE that!

All Star Vacation Homes
http://www.allstarvacationhomes.com/...rty.asp?ID=378 (Absolutely Gorgeous home!!!!) from 8/20-26/05.

We NEVER wanted to leave!

June 29-July 6, 2010...Next stop...USO/IOA. Staying on-sight again; 1 nt. @ RPR for FOTL...AWESOME! Also chillaxin' at STAR LAKE MANOR http://www.star-lake-manor.co.uk/gallery.php
. PARADISE!

We just couldn't stay away! Spring Break 4/16-4/23/11-WYNDHAM BONNET CREEK-4b/r Presidential Suite was sweeeeet !
ClanHarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:55 PM   #10
GrumpySue
Mouseketeer

All Star Vacation Homes - Home # 7903 (Formosa Gardens Estates)
Stayed there twice - 7 bedrooms - 4 of which are masters.
Nice location on a lake.

Disney Villas-1986; Contemporary-1988; WDW Dolphin-1992; Dixie Landings/Grand Floridian-1996; Wilderness Lodge-1997; Carribbean Beach-1999; Wilderness Lodge-2001; Beach Club-2003; Port Orleans FQ/Hilton Head Resort-2004; Boardwalk Villas/Wilderness Lodge Villas-2005; Polynesian/Animal Kingdom Lodge-2006; Yacht Club-2007; Disney Wonder/Beach Club Villas-2008; Wilderness Lodge/Bay Lake Tower-2009; Waldorf Astoria/Polynesian-2010; Waldorf Astoria/Boardwalk Villas-2011; Coronado Springs-2012; Yacht Club-2013; Yacht Club-2014
GrumpySue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:54 PM   #11
msr709
DIS Veteran

I also came across this one: http://www.thegetawayformosagardens.com/welcome/

I wish I had a big group just to get this home! Good Luck, and have an excellent trip.
AoA May 2014; CSR/Hard Rock Hotel Aug. 2008 (DSis, DNc, DNph & Me); DCL 7-day Western Caribbean Oct. 2006; POP Century July 2005 (Solo); RPR/ASMo (Whole Fa.)Aug/Sept 2004; Disneyland, the Original (DSIL & Me-HOJO Jul/Aug. 2003; CB/Royal Pacific Jul. 2002 (Solo); The Grosvenor and HRH (Mom & Me) Dec. 2001; ASMu and HRH (DNc&Me) Aug. 2001; ASMo (Mom&Me) Jan. 2000; HoJO (DD, DSis, DNc & Me) 1995

msr709 is offline   Reply With Quote