Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2012, 09:25 AM   #1
andychris14
DIS Veteran

august 2013 codes for rental cars?

I know it is a LONG way off but I am in the planning process. I would need to rent a car for a week before checking into disney property and returning it.I need to pick up the car at miami international airport and return it somewhere in disney. I am looking for the best deal. Is this too early to even start? Are any coupons out there yet? I would appreciate any advice-thank you so much
May 2000- off site/Sheraton Vistana
August 2002-off site/Sheraton Vistana Villages/universal
Port Orleans French Quarters
August 2005-Pop Century
August 2006-Off site/Sheraton Vistana Villages/universal
Disney Wonder
Pop Century
August 2010-Coronado Springs
August 2012-Coronado Springs
July/August 2013- Royal Pacific-Universal/Wilderness Lodge
andychris14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:34 PM   #2
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Yes, its way to early to start.

I wouldn't even start to look until 5 months before the trip. Even then I'd book the best rate available then but keep checking for a better one. Case-in-point, my reservation for this coming weekend started at over $500 and is now down to $230.
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 07:04 AM   #3
Happiest mommy
DIS Veteran

Bumping
Hoping to drive from NYC round trip and need codes too for August 2013 this will be our first time driving any help is appreciatedf TIA!

Cookie (RIP 5/10/10) you gave us 15 years of pure Love and Loyalty we miss you so...

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Visits: 2007, 2008, 2010 and planning 2014
Happiest mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:26 AM   #4
Anal Annie
....at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't stop it....

Joining in for the hunt as we need rentals in August too - but in Hawaii not FL!! I had looked at prices a few weeks back on the Costco website and had found a full-size (or similar) for about $285 for 1 week but since I didn't have my actual DVC ressies yet I didn't book it....NOW it's up to $340 for a week. That's probably not HORRIBLE for HI but I'd still like to find it for a little less if I can because we want 7 days on Oahu and 3 on Maui so it's gonna add up on top of all of the other expenses there.

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (Still a work in progress.)
Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD

[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
Anal Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:58 PM   #5
momto1
DIS Veteran

I have started looking for car rental for August 3 - August 12. No luck yet but will keep looking!
Lori
momto1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:25 PM   #6
pigletto
DIS Veteran

I'll be in for August 22 to September 2.

We are going to Disney at the end of February and funnily enough the rates are better for August right now than they are for our February trip by hundreds of dollars

I don't have flights yet but the second I do I'll book something I can live with and then start the "How low can it go?" game.
pigletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:40 AM   #7
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

We have made our preliminary vehicle reservation for August 23rd to August 31st.

We signed up for the free-to-join KLM Flying Blue program (thanks to another thread on this board) and have a mid-size SUV secured with National. The KLM code includes a whole selection of the extra insurance coverages in the cost such as loss damage waiver, supplemental liability insurance, etc. With a $25 off coupon from the Entertainment Book, our total price with all taxes for the 8-day rental is $266.97.

We also signed up for Emerald Club membership, so we should be able to skip the counter in the terminal. If I have read correctly, we will be able to choose our own vehicle from those in our vehicle class which are available at the time of pick-up, and spousal drivers are no additional charge.

This rate is cheaper than our mid-sized SUV with Budget that we had for Christmas week (we used the public Travelocity code X474200 and a $25 public coupon). And that rental vehicle was awful enough to steer us away from Budget in the future......the vehicle had been smoked in at some point, and there was some sort of cleaner or disinfectant attempting to overpower the smell that caused our DS to have an allergic reaction every time he was inside it.

I am not too confident we will get a mid-size SUV or van any cheaper than what we have now (despite being a family of only 3, we like having a similar sized vehicle on vacation to what we drive at home). But we will keep an eye out from now until the end of August, just in case!

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:22 AM   #8
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
We have made our preliminary vehicle reservation for August 23rd to August 31st.

We signed up for the free-to-join KLM Flying Blue program (thanks to another thread on this board) and have a mid-size SUV secured with National. The KLM code includes a whole selection of the extra insurance coverages in the cost such as loss damage waiver, supplemental liability insurance, etc. With a $25 off coupon from the Entertainment Book, our total price with all taxes for the 8-day rental is $266.97.

We also signed up for Emerald Club membership, so we should be able to skip the counter in the terminal. If I have read correctly, we will be able to choose our own vehicle from those in our vehicle class which are available at the time of pick-up, and spousal drivers are no additional charge.

This rate is cheaper than our mid-sized SUV with Budget that we had for Christmas week (we used the public Travelocity code X474200 and a $25 public coupon). And that rental vehicle was awful enough to steer us away from Budget in the future......the vehicle had been smoked in at some point, and there was some sort of cleaner or disinfectant attempting to overpower the smell that caused our DS to have an allergic reaction every time he was inside it.

I am not too confident we will get a mid-size SUV or van any cheaper than what we have now (despite being a family of only 3, we like having a similar sized vehicle on vacation to what we drive at home). But we will keep an eye out from now until the end of August, just in case!
Hi Gina!!
Wow.. that is a good rate to grab this far out! For our 10 days last August we couldn't get a van that low, though we did get a car around 200 with Alamo.

Interesting story about the Budget car. That car we got from Alamo had a smell too, but only when the air came on and it smelled very specifically like mildew. You know when you leave a towel wet too long? Yep. I am positive it had been left with the windows open too many times in the rain or something like that.
In our case I smelled it before we got too far from the airport but I didn't want to go back to the airport to exchange it. I probably should have because it was pretty annoying for the rest of the week but we were never in the car more than 10 or 15 minutes so we managed.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:34 AM   #9
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
Hi Gina!!
Wow.. that is a good rate to grab this far out! For our 10 days last August we couldn't get a van that low, though we did get a car around 200 with Alamo.

Interesting story about the Budget car. That car we got from Alamo had a smell too, but only when the air came on and it smelled very specifically like mildew. You know when you leave a towel wet too long? Yep. I am positive it had been left with the windows open too many times in the rain or something like that.
In our case I smelled it before we got too far from the airport but I didn't want to go back to the airport to exchange it. I probably should have because it was pretty annoying for the rest of the week but we were never in the car more than 10 or 15 minutes so we managed.
We were very pleased with that rate......particularly with all those extra insurance coverages as part of the price. If I were a betting woman, I would say we probably won't see anything better than what we have now for that size of vehicle. But hey, ya never know!!

We definitely learned our lesson on the rental car smell. In our case, we smelled it as soon as we got inside.....shoulda walked right back to the kiosk then and there. Being peaceful folks, though, we hate to cause trouble. We figured (hoped?) the odor was so strong because the windows had been rolled up tight, and thought it would improve once we were on the road with some fresh air breezing in. Sadly, it wasn't so. Of course, the fact that it was rather beat up on the exterior AND had 80,000 miles on it were two more red lights that we ignored . So we will shoulder the blame this time, and consider it a mistake not to be repeated!!

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with Alamo. That has actually been our rental agency of choice so far. Two great rentals with Alamo, one stinker with Budget. We shall see how National measures up!

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:38 AM   #10
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Oh I hear you Gina. Just a lesson learned on that one. I am always so excited to get our car and on our way that I didn't take the time to inspect properly. I can't fault Alamo for that. In fact we've used them quite a few times and always had such a great experience!! I had the choice to pick my car and was too lazy to turn back once we were all loaded and on our way. I'll turn the air on before we leave next time and as long as I am not hit with any obnoxious smells we'll be good

I think you'll love National. Being able to choose is a treat
Old 02-20-2013, 11:38 AM   #11
donnaf516
DIS Veteran

I know it's still a long way away but I'm starting to check rental prices for August 22- Sept. 3. I got a great deal with Alamo last year so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the same this year.

August 2010 - POR
August 2011 - CBR
February 2012 - Pop
August 2012 - BC
August 2013 - POFQ
donnaf516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:48 AM   #12
piglet33
DIS Veteran

I'm looking for Aug. 29-Sept. 2 and hoping for a really good deal with Alamo like I've had before.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:49 AM   #13
JLMommy
Mouseketeer

Joining this thread... we need a car from Aug 19-30.
So far, the lowest I've seen is with National and it's still $409 for a full size using the KLM code. We aren't flying KLM though!
Old 02-24-2013, 12:06 PM   #14
Disney Dukers
Mouseketeer

We need one too for August 21-31 and it's crazy expensive right now from MCO. We did however book at Dollar downtown Disney for $225.52 (all taxes and surcharges included) for a week. So for now we will do without a car for the first 3 days, take a bus to downtown Disney, pick up the car and then drop it off at MCO on the 31st. Of course if we can get a rental from MCO on the 21st for close to the same price we will take it but for now at least I know I have something.

2008 Best Western Lakeside - Kissimmee
2009 Regal Sun - Downtown Disney
2011 Pop Century - Disney World
2013 Yacht Club - Disney World
2014 Tropicana Inn - Disneyland
Disney Dukers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:19 PM   #15
prplcrzy

Proud American

We're going for two weeks in August and I found it was MUCH cheaper (like $500) to rent the car at one of the rental places on Disney's property, than renting it from the airport. We'll take DME to the resort and then rent the car from one of the Car Care Center and return it to the airport. The Car Care Center will come and pick you up. So we don't have to worry about how we'll get there.

Nancy
OKW 8/04, 11/05
BWV/OKW 8/06, OKW 8/07
AKV/BWV 6/08
OKW 8/10, 7/11, 8/13, 7/14
prplcrzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: