Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2012, 07:44 PM   #1
OrangeJuice
Mouseketeer

Life's a Happy Song! A very MUSICAL TR *NEW03/31 NEW PTR STARTED

To skip to Table of contents click here

WELCOME TO MY TRIP REPORT
Soundtrack: Welcome Song

A warm welcome back to those of you who made it here from my pre-trip report and a big welcome to any new riders we may of picked up along the way. This is my second attempt at a trip report but this time I have decided to do a concise version of a trip report and actually get it done. So what does that mean for you guys...

* There will still be music...This is a musical trip report so every post will be accompanied by a song, sound clip or video.
*There will be lots of pictures. I WILL use the max number of pictures per post I promise!
* There will be dining reviews built into this trip report and links will be provided to individual restaurant reviews.
* There won't be as much text as other reports. I am starting my internship in a few days so I won't be able to spend as much time writing as I would like to.

Now I know what you are asking yourself...who is the charming author of this TR?

OrangeJuice (ME): I am your host (your ghost host?) for this trip report. I live and breathe Disney. I have been to WDW four times and in between trips I pretend plan more trips. My favorites include Tower of Terror and Splash, Beauty and the Beast and Ohana.

TheKeeper (Dwife): I did not go on this trip alone. Me and my wife decided to go to WDW for our honeymoon (we got engaged there last year). She is not as much of a Disney nut as I am but she loves going to WDW and is the one suggesting that we return soon. She likes to take the lead in WDW even though she has no idea where she is going which I find hilarious. Her favorites include Splash Mountain and Tower of Terror as well, Lion King and Kona and Le Cellier.

So what can you expect from this trip report?

Honeymooners:

Pop Century:

Dining plan:

Park Hoppers:

Adult stuff:

Dessert Party Stuff

Lesser known parts of WDW:

Eating & Drinking Round the World:

Touring Plans:

Volunteering for Shows at DHS (Backlot tour and Indiana Jones):

Pin Trading:

Character Autographs:

Breakfast Buffets:

Signature Restaurants:

New Fastpass rules:

And a just having a great time at the best place in the world:

So if this sounds like a trip report you would like to follow then please subscribe and come along for the ride

Last edited by OrangeJuice; 04-07-2013 at 10:43 AM.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:46 PM   #2
OrangeJuice
Mouseketeer

Table of Contents

08/25* Day 1: Planes, Trains and Automobiles
08/25* Day 1: Nightmare at 199.5 ft
08/26* Day 1: It's a Jammin Jungle Out There
09/01* Day 1: "Ohana means family and a good time!
09/09* Day 2: Princess StoryBook Adventure at Akershus Part 1 & 2
09/09* Day 2: Margo & Jess's Epcot Adventure part 1 &2
09/20* Day 2: Le Cellier, Our Home and Native Land
09/23* Day 3: Mickey's Kitchen Dining Review
09/29* Day 3: Hooray for Hollywood
09/29* Day 3: Countdown to Fun 1
09/29* Day 3: Countdown to Fun 2
10/07* Day 3: 50's Prime Time Review
10/14* Day 3: Relaxing Evening at the Studios Part 1
10/14* Day 3: Relaxing Evening at the Studios Part 2
10/14* Day 3: Relaxing Evening at the Studios Part 3
12/08* Day 4: Morning in Paradise!
12/08* Day 4: Morning in Paradise Part 2
12/08* Day 4: Morning in Paradise Part 3
01/15* Day 4: Dinner on Top of the World
01/21* Day 5: Tusker House Breakfast
01/24* Day 5: Animal Kingdom Explorer part 1
01/24* Day 5: Animal Kingdom Explorer Part 2 + Yak & Yeti Review
BONUS PICTURE
01/27* Day 5: Evening at MK
01/27* Day 5: Evening at MK with Desserts!
NEW *03/07 Day 6: Park Hopping Extravaganza
NEW *03/24 Day 6: Indiana Jones Starring Me....in a small background roll
NEW *03/29 Day 6: VIA NAPOLI DINING REVIEW
NEW *03/30 Day 6: MK after Dark
NEW *03/31 Day 7: The End! Thanks for Reading

Last edited by OrangeJuice; 03-31-2013 at 08:31 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-24-2012, 08:12 PM   #3
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

GASP!!!!!!! I love your dresses !!!

Old 08-24-2012, 08:18 PM   #4
OrangeJuice
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
GASP!!!!!!! I love your dresses !!!
Thank you so much We each picked ours separately but they ended up coordinating so well. Did you check out the PTR? There are more pictures of the dresses there.

Old 08-24-2012, 08:54 PM   #5
tinkerbellmagic
don't hate me because I loved the castle cake

I'm in, looks like fun!
Old 08-24-2012, 09:04 PM   #6
silverhaze269
DIS Veteran

Checking in!

Loving it so far! I can't wait to hear more

Glad to see you got to cross the carrot cake cookie and mac'n'cheese hot dog off your "must do" list I'm really curious about those!
Expect the Unexpected: A May/June 2011 Trip Report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2737115

October 28-November 11 2012 - Disney/POP, May 27-June 4 2011 - Disney/CSR, April 20-27 2008 - Disney/POP, Dec 18-27 2007 - Disney/POFQ, Dec 10-15 2006 - USO/HRH, May 15-20 2005 - USO/ HRH, Aug 20-27 2004 - Disney/DTD Hotels, Aug 28 - Sept 2 2003 - USO/HRH, April 14-26 2002 - WDW, USO, SW, BG/Off-site
Old 09-02-2012, 11:23 AM   #7
Sam33
DIS Veteran

Yay! You started! Sorry I'm late. Sounds like and ultra-productive and awesome first day. I want to be there!
Old 09-03-2012, 07:46 PM   #8
silverhaze269
DIS Veteran

Now that is one heck of a first day!

I'm so glad you enjoyed 'Ohana! It's my favourite spot to eat (thus far) on the WDW property...I can't wait to get back there!

I'm getting my ready for Day 2!
Expect the Unexpected: A May/June 2011 Trip Report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2737115

October 28-November 11 2012 - Disney/POP, May 27-June 4 2011 - Disney/CSR, April 20-27 2008 - Disney/POP, Dec 18-27 2007 - Disney/POFQ, Dec 10-15 2006 - USO/HRH, May 15-20 2005 - USO/ HRH, Aug 20-27 2004 - Disney/DTD Hotels, Aug 28 - Sept 2 2003 - USO/HRH, April 14-26 2002 - WDW, USO, SW, BG/Off-site
Old 09-06-2012, 07:02 AM   #9
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

I can understand why everyone loves 'Ohana, the food does look amazing. I have to say though, it doesn't look like the type of food for DH and me. We're so picky and I think we wouldn't like very much there! However I'm very glad you both had a good meal.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:58 PM   #10
nannye
DIS Veteran

So glAd I just red your Ohana experience. I so want to go there but now I know I will have to investigate further. I have a peanut allergy so it may OT be the est choice. I actually realized last time that when I go next to Disney I really need to declare the allergy and talk to the chef. There was a lot I wanted to try but looked questionable so I just avoided it. I really need to be better

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
Old 09-09-2012, 11:22 AM   #11
OrangeJuice
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
So glAd I just red your Ohana experience. I so want to go there but now I know I will have to investigate further. I have a peanut allergy so it may OT be the est choice. I actually realized last time that when I go next to Disney I really need to declare the allergy and talk to the chef. There was a lot I wanted to try but looked questionable so I just avoided it. I really need to be better
Ohana is such a great restaurant so you really should look into talking to the chef. I would be a shame to miss out on the whole experience without knowing if they have peanut free alternatives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
I can understand why everyone loves 'Ohana, the food does look amazing. I have to say though, it doesn't look like the type of food for DH and me. We're so picky and I think we wouldn't like very much there! However I'm very glad you both had a good meal.
My wife is a VERY picky eater and this was her favorite meal. I was a bit worried that she wouldn't enjoy it but she LOVED her experience. Then again, I can see it not being everybody's cup of tea. Specially because you can't necessarily pick and choose what you will be having.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhaze269 View Post
Now that is one heck of a first day!

I'm so glad you enjoyed 'Ohana! It's my favourite spot to eat (thus far) on the WDW property...I can't wait to get back there!

I'm getting my ready for Day 2!
It's way up on our list too now! We are definitely going back next time. Day 2 should be up soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam33 View Post
Yay! You started! Sorry I'm late. Sounds like and ultra-productive and awesome first day. I want to be there!
You'll be there soon enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
oooohhh you're online that excites me I hope it means more,I can't get enough of this tr I'm loving the tunes!!!!
Thanks I should have a new update up in no time now

Old 09-09-2012, 12:24 PM   #12
OrangeJuice
Mouseketeer

Dining Review: Akershus (Storybook Princess Breakfast) Part 1

Soundtrack: Epcot Entrance Music

Welcome back!
Last week I gave you guys a hint as to where we were heading for day 2. It came from the dedication plaque located in front of this park's icon.

Always good to start the day with a little bit of trivia!

Now onto the trip report. We started day 2 with a pre-rope drop breakfast at Akershus. Here's the story of that magical morning.

Once upon a time two princesses decided to have breakfast in a castle

One of the princesses was having a really hard time waking up that morning.

They got on a magical carriage

That brought them to a place of memories...

They made in to EPCOT center before anyone else!

Took a picture with some great friends.

And quickly made their way to the Kingdom of Norway.

Where they conquered the viking in order to gain access to the castle breakfast.

Unfortunately everyone lined up at the wrong spot so the two princesses where amongst the first to be lead into the palace (seriously, line up at the booth at the entrance of the pavillion, not at the door to Akershus)

Click here to go to part 2

Last edited by OrangeJuice; 09-09-2012 at 12:34 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:31 PM   #13
OrangeJuice
Mouseketeer

Dining Review: Akershus (Storybook Princess Breakfast) Part 2

PART 2:
Soundtrack: Disney Princess Medley played by an Orchestra

The princesses met with her royal highness Princess Belle. Who insisted on taking a picture.

Afterwards, they where brought to their table where a handsome gentlemen offered coffee and juice.

The princesses where very hungry so they hurried over to the buffet table where they found plenty of yummy looking food.

They filled their plates with so much food it made them very happy.

They filled their plates with muffins and croissants and pastries. They even had some fish! ( which was actually very good)

Soon another plate of hot goodies was brought to the princesses. They liked the eggs and the bacon but they LOVED the potatoes!

The sleepy princess got her magic coffee drink and the hyper princess got a good glass of orange sunshine.

Soon enough, more princesses came to visit them at their table. They had the honor of meeting Princess Aurora, Cinderella, Ariel and Snow White!

Soon the magical breakfast came to a close and the princesses left the castle Akershus in search of more adventure.

and they lived happily ever after.

Final Thoughs: Akershus was a good breakfast buffet. We where amongst the first seated so the food as nice and warm in our hot plate and fresh at the buffet. The potatoes where delicious and so was the cold fish (weird! I know). The coffee was not great according to Jess. I would say that this is a normal breakfast buffet. Nothing to write home about but it served it's purpose of filling us up with good food, meeting some princesses and getting us into the park before it opened.

Old 09-09-2012, 02:17 PM   #14
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Too cute, loved the story telling!
I always forget about Akershus and then read about it and facepalm myself wondering why I didn't book an early breakfast there!
*Facepalm*
Old 09-09-2012, 05:23 PM   #15
OrangeJuice
Mouseketeer

Day 2: Margo & Jess are gonna do it all! Part 1

I honestly feel that Phineas and Ferb really represent the essence of EPCOT. There's so much to do at Epcot that you really can DO IT ALL! That being said we did not set foot in Future World East because I am too motion sick for Mission Space and too hyperactive for Ellen's Energy Adventure (and test track was M.I.A. during our trip) so imagine what we could of done had we of actualy visited that part of the world!

Without further ado, please click on the picture to start this episode's song.

There's only 12 hours to be spent in EPCOT
then Park closing comes along just to end it!
So the annual problem of Disney fanatics
Is Finding a good way to spend it!

Like maybe...

Meeting the Fab 5,

Feeding some fish:

Or Posing with their friends instead!

Discovering countries like Norway with Vikings (hey!)

Or drinking an avocado and queso!

Finding a Tiny Train

Wearing a mini skirt:

or looking for Dr. Heinz's lair (it's over here!)

Continued here

Last edited by OrangeJuice; 09-09-2012 at 05:30 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: