Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > California & the West > Las Vegas
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2012, 04:04 AM   #1
kailuagirl
DIS Veteran

favorite places to eat in Vegas

What are your favorite places to eat in Vegas?

In particular, do you have a favorite Mexican Restaurant? Doesn't have to be on the strip.

Thanks!!
kailuagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:33 AM   #2
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

I like the Earl of Sandwich in Planet Hollywood, the Wicked Spoon Buffet in the Cosmopolitan, the Buffet in The Rio.

The Buffet in the Bellagio is excellent also. I can not recommend Mexican as I have never tried any there. Hope this helps.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2012, 04:42 AM   #3
honeylove
Mouseketeer

Another vote for the Bellagio!

PS are you still living in Kailua? I am in a neighboring city.

As for Mexican, honestly, I only know the good "homely very authentic" SoCal ones, and because of that, I just always go to Chipotle if I am not near one of them!

honeylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:53 AM   #4
disney55
Mouseketeer

Take a look at the Border Grill at Mandalay Bay..menu on website authentic Mexican..good prices...We will be there in September for a wedding, and we will eat here as often as possible. I didn't know about earl of sandwich at PH...we will have to try that LOVE VEGAS!!!!!
disney55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:53 AM   #5
kailuagirl
DIS Veteran

yes, still in Kailua honeylove, where are you Kaneohe/Waimanalo? I love the socal homey mexican places, albert taco's, los galendreus (spell, butchered this one, haha), but oh is it good!!! we like mexican where the locals go to. Mexican food here in Hawaii is Terrible with a capital T.

We do love the Bellagio buffet and it usually is on our must eat list everytrip, but I've heard good things about Wicked Spoon, so wanna check that out for sure. Good suggestions! Thanks
kailuagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:37 PM   #6
honeylove
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailuagirl View Post
yes, still in Kailua honeylove, where are you Kaneohe/Waimanalo? I love the socal homey mexican places, albert taco's, los galendreus (spell, butchered this one, haha), but oh is it good!!! we like mexican where the locals go to. Mexican food here in Hawaii is Terrible with a capital T.

We do love the Bellagio buffet and it usually is on our must eat list everytrip, but I've heard good things about Wicked Spoon, so wanna check that out for sure. Good suggestions! Thanks
Kaneohe! Glad to see other HI people on here!

honeylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:55 AM   #7
StageTek
It's kind of fun to do the impossible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailuagirl View Post
In particular, do you have a favorite Mexican Restaurant? Doesn't have to be on the strip.
Lindo Michoacan in Desert Inn Rd
StageTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 10:41 PM   #8
SammiL
Mouseketeer

Mon Ami Gabi
Wicked spoon
Secret Pizza

Disneyland - many, many times and counting
WDW - 1994 offsite // 2013 Split POP and CSR // Oct 2014 AOA and POR

SammiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:34 PM   #9
ncc1701
Scotty I need Warp 10 to WDW

Just back

We got back 2 weeks ago so here are our most recent favorites

Emeril's New Orleans Fish House (dinner)
Spago (dinner)
Lagasse Stadium (lunch but it's an allday menu)
Mon Ami Gabi (lunch)
Emeril's Delmonicos (dinner & lunch)
Old 11-12-2013, 11:06 PM   #10
MommyApo
Earning My Ears

Javiers in Aria is good and a really cool atmosphere. I agree with Hash house A go go, if nothing else just for the experience.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:43 PM   #11
Dot2Vegas
DIS Veteran

We ate at Jean George at Aria this past weekend and it was by far the best meal that I have ever eaten. Amazing food, great atmosphere and wonderful staff!
Old 12-04-2013, 01:29 PM   #12
bcla
DIS Veteran

On a relative budget, Bouchon Bakery at the Venetian is excellent and pretty cheap for Vegas. We were walking around the Venetian and noticed a bakery that had $9 donuts and $13 single-serving cakes. Then we saw the $3.25 red velvet cupcake with sweet cream cheese topping at Bouchon Bakery and wondered if there was a catch. It was really good and I didn't feel like I got ripped off.
bcla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 06:02 AM   #13
lizabu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcla View Post
On a relative budget, Bouchon Bakery at the Venetian is excellent and pretty cheap for Vegas. We were walking around the Venetian and noticed a bakery that had $9 donuts and $13 single-serving cakes. Then we saw the $3.25 red velvet cupcake with sweet cream cheese topping at Bouchon Bakery and wondered if there was a catch. It was really good and I didn't feel like I got ripped off.
I want to go there. Thomas Keller is my idol.
lizabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 03:49 PM   #14
bcla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizabu View Post
I want to go there. Thomas Keller is my idol.
Just in case I wasn't clear, the $9 donuts were not at Bouchon Bakery. There were at some place inside. They had some sort of glittery frosting that made them look almost like jewelry. Otherwise, I think it was just a cake donut underneath all that.

Just last weekend we decided to have fun and drive to Napa Valley. Bought something like $40 worth of stuff at the original Bouchon Bakery, including sandwiches, macarons, bread, and pastries. While I suppose the place had Thomas Keller's pedigree, the prices weren't out of line with what you'd see for similar bakeries with lesser quality. The brioche roll (really a bread roll and not a sweet brioche) was actually quite good for $1.50. The large macarons were $3.25 and 3" in diameter. While I suppose there's a lot of people who rail against Thomas Keller for his high prices, his bakeries provide excellent value.

The line was well out the door. I was talking to the couple ahead of me, and they said that they had been to one of the locations in Manhattan, where there was no line. I said the same about Vegas.
bcla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 03:58 PM   #15
lizabu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcla View Post
Just in case I wasn't clear, the $9 donuts were not at Bouchon Bakery. There were at some place inside. They had some sort of glittery frosting that made them look almost like jewelry. Otherwise, I think it was just a cake donut underneath all that. Just last weekend we decided to have fun and drive to Napa Valley. Bought something like $40 worth of stuff at the original Bouchon Bakery, including sandwiches, macarons, bread, and pastries. While I suppose the place had Thomas Keller's pedigree, the prices weren't out of line with what you'd see for similar bakeries with lesser quality. The brioche roll (really a bread roll and not a sweet brioche) was actually quite good for $1.50. The large macarons were $3.25 and 3" in diameter. While I suppose there's a lot of people who rail against Thomas Keller for his high prices, his bakeries provide excellent value. The line was well out the door. I was talking to the couple ahead of me, and they said that they had been to one of the locations in Manhattan, where there was no line. I said the same about Vegas.
Thanks for sharing. Sounds awesome.
lizabu is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: