Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2012, 07:39 PM   #1
aldan1207
Earning My Ears

November 2013 Pin Code Watch

We have settled on 8 nights is the date range from Nov 9th to Nov 23rd. We are flexible with dates because we haven't booked yet. We are hoping for free dining or a pin code and are willing to tailor our dates accordingly. Here's to hopefully getting a little pixie dust!!
aldan1207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:25 PM   #2
zzshorty
Earning My Ears

I'm also planning a November 13 trip and I would love free dining. It would be the first time either me or my BF stay on site so I want to get the full experience with dining. I'm going anyway but I would love a little FD pixie dust too! I'm planning on booking my ADRs in march for my 180 days but I will wait to book my package until around this time when historically FD has been released for my dates. So excited!!
zzshorty is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2012, 07:05 PM   #3
poohangel
Yeah I Dis, Doesn't everybody?

Nov. 7-15 2013 trip booked. Staying at CSR.

poohangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:39 AM   #4
goofy78
…sea monkey has my money… …yes, I'm a natural blue…

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzshorty
I'm also planning a November 13 trip and I would love free dining. It would be the first time either me or my BF stay on site so I want to get the full experience with dining. I'm going anyway but I would love a little FD pixie dust too! I'm planning on booking my ADRs in march for my 180 days but I will wait to book my package until around this time when historically FD has been released for my dates. So excited!!
Your 180 days would be May right? Hoping for a pin as well or general public discount. Free dining would be a bigger savings for us but I've never done the dining plan so I'm not sure if a room only discount would be better. I guess I'll take anything they have to offer!

goofy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:44 PM   #5
skeettafic
Mouseketeer

Also doing Nov 2013. Hoping to book this weekend once we figure out if my parents are coming with us or not.

This is our first trip and I keep going back and forth on whether the FD will be worth it since I figure that's the most likely discount based on the last few years but my 4 year old (will be 5 when we go) hardly eats anything and I wonder if just buying our food outright and letting him split meals with his sister will be the way to go. Sigh.... so much to plan!
skeettafic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:49 AM   #6
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Also planning for November 2013. We will actually be checking in on October 31st. I've done the research for the last few years and it looks as though, for my family's time period, free dining should be offered. BUT....I will have to wait until next July to book because that seems to be the time period it will be released.

So....let the planning and hand-wringing begin!

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:34 AM   #7
arielmomma
DIS Veteran

We too are planning for November 2013. It will be a big trip because we will be traveling with my cousin and her family and it will be their 1st visit to the world! We are looking at 11/15-11/23. If the free dining follows the same pattern it has over the past few years, we should fall into the free dining offer. That's the deal we are hoping for. Let the waiting begin!

DH Me DS10ickeybar: DD7
arielmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:13 AM   #8
goofy78
…sea monkey has my money… …yes, I'm a natural blue…

Bump! We are going in November 2013 too. My sister and her family are coming too and she got a pin yesterday for the FD or 35% RO but it only goes until September 28. Crossing my fingers she gets another one for our dates!

goofy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:13 PM   #9
skeettafic
Mouseketeer

We're going in November as well. Planning on booking this weekend. We are going to book for November 10-15 but can move things around a little if we need to for a discount. We're going to book at POR.

It only took one trip (November 2013) to turn us into Disney addicts!!!! Can't wait to go back!
skeettafic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:25 PM   #10
MsHershey
Mouseketeer

My daughter and I are tentatively looking at the dates 11/8 - 11/16/13. This year they have the Wine and Dine Marathon the evening of 11/9 with a 5K that morning so we are planning around that for next year to participate in the 5K. My question is if we go ahead and book now for that time frame and free dining comes out at a later date can we then switch our ressie over to free dining. Also, if we book now do they require the 200.00 deposit and can we begin making payments on the trip?

MsHershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:24 AM   #11
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsHershey View Post
My daughter and I are tentatively looking at the dates 11/8 - 11/16/13. This year they have the Wine and Dine Marathon the evening of 11/9 with a 5K that morning so we are planning around that for next year to participate in the 5K. My question is if we go ahead and book now for that time frame and free dining comes out at a later date can we then switch our ressie over to free dining. Also, if we book now do they require the 200.00 deposit and can we begin making payments on the trip?
Yes to both. You need to make sure your reservation is for a package not just room only and if the FD promo does come out (fingers crossed), then you just call up and apply it. You may have to move to a different type of room, but don't wory. For example, I currently have a reservation for a standard room (meaning, parking lot view. ). I'm perfectly fine with this....I don't need a spectacular view to know I am in WDW. lol Anyway, I noticed when the FD promo came out for this fall that I would have had to change to Garden View. Which is just fine....I'm still getting FD!!!

And, yes, you can also make payments on the trip. If, for example, you book the package with room & tickets only (like I did), it will be the same price when/if FD becomes available. Now, on the other hand, if you book a package with room, tickets and dining and FD becomes available, Disney will refund the difference to you. I just book room & tickets and cross my fingers. Now, instead of making payments, my family takes money and puts it aside into our ING savings account. At least this way, I'm earning a little bit of interest on it!

I hope this helps (and that I didn't confuse you) and feel free to ask any other questions you can think of.

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:24 AM   #12
MsHershey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick View Post
Yes to both. You need to make sure your reservation is for a package not just room only and if the FD promo does come out (fingers crossed), then you just call up and apply it. You may have to move to a different type of room, but don't wory. For example, I currently have a reservation for a standard room (meaning, parking lot view. ). I'm perfectly fine with this....I don't need a spectacular view to know I am in WDW. lol Anyway, I noticed when the FD promo came out for this fall that I would have had to change to Garden View. Which is just fine....I'm still getting FD!!!

And, yes, you can also make payments on the trip. If, for example, you book the package with room & tickets only (like I did), it will be the same price when/if FD becomes available. Now, on the other hand, if you book a package with room, tickets and dining and FD becomes available, Disney will refund the difference to you. I just book room & tickets and cross my fingers. Now, instead of making payments, my family takes money and puts it aside into our ING savings account. At least this way, I'm earning a little bit of interest on it!

I hope this helps (and that I didn't confuse you) and feel free to ask any other questions you can think of.
PERFECT explanation. You explained it better than the CM at Disney World did. I didn't keep up with the Nov FD deals for this year since we went in September so I am not sure what room categorys it covered. Was FD offered on the Royal Rooms at POR? I sure would love to book that category but am not going to attempt it if it wasn't offered this year as it probably won't be next year either.

Thanks for your help!

MsHershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:05 PM   #13
A&MsMommy
Mouseketeer

Booking for 11/5 - 11/11. Hoping for either room discount or dining. I'm not sure what this years deals were for that time period. Just trying to decide on room type and resort!
A&MsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:10 PM   #14
Three cats
DIS Veteran

Count me in...planning for 11/15 - 11/22
Three cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:55 PM   #15
andigomeep
Mouseketeer

Count me in! I'm in the very early stages of planning a trip for my son's 3rd birthday. His birthday is the 24th but I want to avoid the Thanksgiving crowds as much as possible so I'm thinking 18-25th. The last few days will probably be really crowded but we'll squeeze in as much as possible before that. No idea where to stay yet though.
andigomeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: