Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-13-2012, 03:48 PM   #1
vleeth
I heart Disney
 
vleeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,704

This Trip brought to you by Truck Fire & Eye Surgery ~ Magic Cruise 11/24/12

I've asked the Mods to move this from the WDW PTR to the DCL PTR. Earlier this month we decided to cancel WDW and do our First Disney Cruise due to yet another Eye Surgery!
I've decided to do a pre-trip report, now that I've got my trip pretty well planned out.
First the cast of characters...

There is me, Valerie 35, DH Dave 57, DD Hope 7


Us on our Carnival Cruise, Oct 2011

Hope on the cruise

We are driving on Black Friday. Not sure what time we'll leave yet, because I'm not sure if we will do any shopping. Current plan is to hit the Disney Outlets when we get there and then check into a cheap motel for the night. Our Disney vacation offically starts when we check into All Stars Movies on Sat, Nov 24. We will check out on Friday, Nov 30 and check into a Universal Partners hotel for one night.

This will be our first trip to Disney when all the Christmas stuff is out. (We caught the lights at studios on a Jan trip.)

As for the explanation of the title...this isn't the first time we planned a trip to Disney at Christmas...nor is it the first time we planned a trip to Disney this year.

In November of 2007 we decided after our Thanksgiving trip to Grandma's we would swing past Disney before we went home. On the way to Grandma's the truck caught on fire.........while I was driving...........on the Interstate. I didn't actually see the fire. DH saw it out of the side mirror. Flames shooting from the tailpipe. So DH calmly tells me that the truck is on fire and for me to pull over. What? Did you say the truck is on fire? Yes, pull over. Well let me tell you, when I pulled over the flames got bigger....they are no longer shooting a foot out of the tailpipe, they are now 6-10 ft in the air. I can see these flames throught the rearview mirror...right on the side of where my dd2 was sitting eating her lunchable (funny the things you remember.)

Thank God the flames went out when I put the engine off. Then after several phone calls and a backward trip down the entrance lane of the interstate we found a hotel. The next day we got a rental and drove to Grandmas, but the trip to Disney did not pan out. We did go to Dollywood and that was really nice...but not the same.

Fast forward to this year. We were planning on going to Disney & Universal for our 10th wedding anniversary in June. In March, DH got a detached retna. That meant eye surgery and he had to stay face down for 8 weeks. At no point did I think his March surgery would affect our June trip. Two weeks before it was time to leave his dr. told him he could go, but to not ride anything jerky. Are you kidding??? It's not just the roller coaster that are jerky...have you been on TSMM? So we canceled the trip. I think I had some Disney depression...until we scheduled this trip!


Last edited by vleeth; 10-30-2012 at 10:04 AM. Reason: changed to cruise trip report
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:01 PM   #2
vleeth
I heart Disney
 
vleeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,704

Chapter Links

Chapter Links
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-16-2012, 02:12 PM   #3
vleeth
I heart Disney
 
vleeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,704

I guess I shouldn't have said anything about having my trip pretty well planned...because I got the binder out this weekend and decided we wouldn't have enough time to do everything in 3 days, so I'm taking away our rest day and making it 4 days at Disney. Now of course, I have to replan everything.

I should also mention that I booked with a free dining pin some time back. We are going for our first quick service trip. We thought about upgrading, especially since we could get CRT at 8:00AM. But we decided to not join in the ADR craziness this time around.

My main focus this time around is the Christmas stuff. Excited about seeing NPH in CP. Also, there will be a few first for my dd7, who was 5 last trip and couldn't ride some of the bigger rides.

I also want to mention that this weekend I was hit with a desire to start packing. Someone please tell me that is crazy and no one in their right mind would start packing this far out.
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:08 PM   #4
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran
 
reyasmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,729

You'll be arriving a day after we leave. You're lucky you'll be missing the Thanksgiving crow. ((I'm dreading it)) However it was the only time we could go so I wouldn't be taking DD out of school for too many days.

Ummmm, yeah I think it's safe to say that packing right now is a little crazy. I understand the desire though. I start purchasing little things like sunscreen, shampo, toothpaste, etc, etc around this time.That way I'm not overwhelmed by all the things I need right before we leave. There's a nightmare I have often where I'm getting ready to leave for my vacation, with just minutes to spare and realize that NOTHING is packed. I hate this dream and it forces me to start packing about a month in advance...... It's funny talking about this though, because just last week my BFF went on a cruise. She texted me from the airport and told me that she forgot ALL of her husbands clothes. ALLLLLLL of them. I would have a freaking heart attack. Her plane didn't get into Miami until midnight and their cruise left early in the morning. I couldn't even imagine.

Anyway....... Have fun planning your trip. You're going to have a great time.
__________________
reyasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:25 AM   #5
vleeth
I heart Disney
 
vleeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,704

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyasmommy View Post
You'll be arriving a day after we leave. You're lucky you'll be missing the Thanksgiving crow. ((I'm dreading it)) However it was the only time we could go so I wouldn't be taking DD out of school for too many days.

Ummmm, yeah I think it's safe to say that packing right now is a little crazy. I understand the desire though. I start purchasing little things like sunscreen, shampo, toothpaste, etc, etc around this time.That way I'm not overwhelmed by all the things I need right before we leave. There's a nightmare I have often where I'm getting ready to leave for my vacation, with just minutes to spare and realize that NOTHING is packed. I hate this dream and it forces me to start packing about a month in advance...... It's funny talking about this though, because just last week my BFF went on a cruise. She texted me from the airport and told me that she forgot ALL of her husbands clothes. ALLLLLLL of them. I would have a freaking heart attack. Her plane didn't get into Miami until midnight and their cruise left early in the morning. I couldn't even imagine.

Anyway....... Have fun planning your trip. You're going to have a great time.
We were looking at Thanksgiving week, but I talked to her teachers at the end of school last year and the recommended we take her out for a week. She'll be in second grade and she ended first grade with a 4.0. When she gets older, we'll have to go at busy times.

I have Disney related nightmares myself. Mine are usually that I'm in a park and I didn't plan out our day. Or that we're getting to the park and the days half over. I've even dreamed that I forgot our tickets.

I make packing list and check things quite a bit, so I don't think I'd ever leave ALL of someones clothes behind!!!
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:27 AM   #6
vleeth
I heart Disney
 
vleeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,704

And Reyasmommy, thanks for joining me...I was starting to feel lonely over here.[
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:17 PM   #7
JessiMommy
DIS Veteran
 
JessiMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: South Florida
Posts: 585

Quote:
Originally Posted by vleeth View Post


I also want to mention that this weekend I was hit with a desire to start packing. Someone please tell me that is crazy and no one in their right mind would start packing this far out.
No, this is NOT crazy!!! My family and I arrive a couple weeks before you on November 11 and I have been itching to pack since June! LOL! I do have a Rubbermaid tub in my bedroom that I am filling a little at a time with items I've bought here and there for the trip. That has helped ease my urge a little... I'm starting to wonder what I'll do with my free time once the trip is over because planning it is all I want to do lately. I'm sure you can relate.
__________________
O Candi O
(Me) (DH) (DD 13)

Just back from a fabulous 8 days!
AKL ~ September 14-21, 2013
JessiMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:15 AM   #8
vleeth
I heart Disney
 
vleeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,704

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyasmommy View Post
Your plans look great. I'm excited to try Despicable Me sometime. I remember riding it when it was a Hana Barbara ride and Jimmy Neutron. ((Should be fun, I LOVE that movie)) You'll love MIB and the Mummy. Actually I love most the rides at Universal. The biggest difference between Disney and Universal is that it seems like rides are constantly down for maintinance at Universal. Almost every single time I've gone they have one or two rides down at a time because something is wrong with them. It becomes quite annoying. However the theming and rides are really pretty great. We're debating whether or not going to IOA. ((which you already know from reading my ptr )) Look forward to reading more. Keep up the good work.
Thanks! I hope we don't have too many rides down since we'll only be there one day. I'm very excited about our IOA day. I'm reading the first Harry Potter book to Hope at bedtime. We are so hooked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessiMommy View Post
No, this is NOT crazy!!! My family and I arrive a couple weeks before you on November 11 and I have been itching to pack since June! LOL! I do have a Rubbermaid tub in my bedroom that I am filling a little at a time with items I've bought here and there for the trip. That has helped ease my urge a little... I'm starting to wonder what I'll do with my free time once the trip is over because planning it is all I want to do lately. I'm sure you can relate.
I have a rubbermaid tub in my bedroom too!!!!!!!!!!!! It's purple and it's so full now that I have stuff on top of it. I think I need to go through it and maybe pack some of it so I'll have room in the box. I can relate with the planning is pretty much all I want to do...but when our trip is over, it'll be way past time to start planning for our cruise!
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:39 AM   #9
vleeth
I heart Disney
 
vleeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,704

Here's some things I started working on yesterday for the trip.

Lanyards...I think I'll put our names of these...but I'm not sure


Shirt for Hope


Shirt for me
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:58 PM   #10
vleeth
I heart Disney
 
vleeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,704

We will be on the Disney Magic, November 24th out of Texas.
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:01 PM   #11
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 25,107

Quote:
Originally Posted by vleeth View Post
We will be on the Disney Magic, November 24th out of Texas.
You are gonna have a blast. I hope to get my TR started this week on that trip.
You can still continue your PTR here about the ship.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:32 PM   #12
vleeth
I heart Disney
 
vleeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,704

I look forward to your trip report even more than usual... Lol

Yes, I think I just might continue on. Thanks for the encouragement. I know we will have a great time!
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:37 PM   #13
vleeth
I heart Disney
 
vleeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,704

So now this is a cruise pre-trip report. What a crazy week this has been. First my StepD tells me that her and her dh are having a baby, then we decide to do the cruise instead of WDW, then my brother tells me that he and his DW are having a baby too!

In the middle of all of that I have studied the Navigators & Menus for the cruise. Some of the kids club activities don't really say what they are, so I'll have to research this some more.

It's harder keeping this secret from Hope. When we were doing WDW, I could talk about it because she knew we were going, but didn't know when. I can't talk to her about this at all to her. It's gonna be hard.
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:11 PM   #15
vleeth
I heart Disney
 
vleeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,704

Awesome Jen, I'll check it out tomorrow.
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.