Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-29-2012, 05:00 PM   #1
supersuperwendy
any happy little thought?

Frontier from Harrisburg ---> Orlando!!! UPDATE!

I got an email yesterday from Harrisburgh International alerting me that Frontier will start offering non stop service to Orlando in May!!!

We had been planning to drive down from the Philly burbs since flights were pretty high for the five of us and I had given up hope of a good price.

Well...I just booked our flights for June 14th for $73.49 + 16.31 tax = $89.90 each!!! My parents are driving down so they offered to take our baggage so no fees to worry about! wooo hooo!!!

And ...I got to select our seats for free!!!

UPDATE!!! So once again Frontier has an amazing price!!! Under $500 for the 6 of us!!! LOVE IT!!! June 18, 2013 is only $69!!!! see post #30
Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders......DVC Trip Report 2012! <-----Click Here! Commando Club member #118
DVC Members since 2008

Last edited by supersuperwendy; 01-07-2013 at 05:58 PM.
supersuperwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:17 PM   #2
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

Not a surprise to see other airlines picking up AirTran routes that Southwest is dropping. Quite the surprise seeing Frontier doing it! A real "getting out of the box" step for them and I think it will be successful for them.

BobK/Orlando
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2012, 08:25 PM   #3
disny_luvr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersuperwendy View Post
I got an email yesterday from Harrisburgh International alerting me that Frontier will start offering non stop service to Orlando in May!!!

We had been planning to drive down from the Philly burbs since flights were pretty high for the five of us and I had given up hope of a good price.

Well...I just booked our flights for June 14th for $73.49 + 16.31 tax = $89.90 each!!! My parents are driving down so they offered to take our baggage so no fees to worry about! wooo hooo!!!

And ...I got to select our seats for free!!!
I'm very happy that Frontier is picking up a non-stop out of Harrisburg since we only live 15 mins. from the airport. We, too, are flying from HIA on June 14th but on AirTran. We got our tickets at a great price too - $87 - but have to pay to check two bags AND we only fly out at 2:00 vs. the 11:30ish flight on Frontier. The only bummer about Frontier is the return time from MCO. I want to book them for our return flight on June 22, but don't want to be picked up by ME at 6:00 am. I'm hoping SW will lower their prices to BWI for that day. We'll see....

BTW, we are also staying at BCV. Enjoy your trip.

Upcoming Trips:
WDW ~ June/July 2015 ~ I just can't decide where to stay
Disney Fantasy: 7-night Western ~ November 28-December 5, 2015
Past Trips:
* Polynesian ~ August, 2014 *
* Disney Fantasy: 7-night Eastern ~ November/December, 2013 * Disney Magic: 2-night Cruise ~ August, 2012 * Beach Club Villas ~ June, 2012 * Wilderness Lodge ~ November/December, 2010 * POP/CBR ~ May, 2009 * Wilderness Lodge ~ November, 2004 * Dixie Landings ~ April, 1996 * CBR ~ June, 1991 * Fort Wilderness ~ June, 1984 *
disny_luvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:07 PM   #4
supersuperwendy

Wow me too!

We have the same travel dates and I'll be at BCV too!

We are also leaving the 22nd ...I saw that early flight and thought NOOOO don't want a 6am DME either!!! We are actually going to drive home with my parents instead. My dad wants to take us to St. Augustine and other spots along the way home
Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders......DVC Trip Report 2012! <-----Click Here! Commando Club member #118
DVC Members since 2008

Old 03-03-2012, 06:27 AM   #5
bookwormde
Heading out now, another adventure
Have a good time, WDW is a magical place

Of course we are flying the 13th and the 23rd when they do not have flights.

We will also be at BCV from the 14th to the 18th, when we move to VWL
Old 03-03-2012, 12:07 PM   #6
supersuperwendy

They are brining service to Allentown Pa too! But I think they will only fly on tuesdays and saturdays from there.
DVC Members since 2008

Old 03-03-2012, 04:04 PM   #7
Checkers
DIS Veteran

I live in the greater Harrisburg area, too, and I have emailed Frontier thanking them for the direct flight to Orlando. Also, I made the request that they consider participating in the Resort Airline Checkin at the resorts as it is a great convenience especially for those using Magical Express. I did get an email back saying they would forward my suggestion on to those that make those decisions. I gently remarked that most of the major airlines servicing the WDW resorts were participated with Resort Airline Checkin.

Also, agree that the 9am return flight is not great, however, AirTran's was 8am and that 5am ME bus ride was something else! Last time my DH and I were the last ones to board the bus and got the last seats. They actually had some people sit on the floor and then made the announcement that if passengers with smaller children could hold them on their laps it would be appreciated. I did write to customer relations when I got home and told them about it. Off my rant now.
We have decided for our trip in Oct. if Frontier is not participating in RAC yet we may just take a taxi or limo to the airport and leave later than the 6am time.

Upcoming:

BWVs - 9/14-9/18
BWVs - 12/14-12/19
BWVs - 2/14-2/21/15
Checkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:57 PM   #8
may_baby06
Mouseketeer

We are getting ready to book for next month at $59 per person. For 3 of us it's going to cost $360. Cheaper then southwest and more convenient for us!
Old 01-08-2013, 12:18 PM   #9
bizeemom4
DIS Veteran

Use the promo code CHOICE before 1/10 and you save 10% on classic fares and 5% on the cheapo fares.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:54 PM   #10
supersuperwendy

I wish I had that promo code yesterday!!!!
DVC Members since 2008

Old 01-09-2013, 08:10 PM   #11
bizeemom4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersuperwendy View Post
I wish I had that promo code yesterday!!!!
Follow them on Facebook. That's how I got it!
Old 01-09-2013, 08:53 PM   #12
DonnaL
DIS Veteran

For the poster above who mentioned hating to wait in line at MCO to check bags....try going outside to curbside....the lines are ALWAYS much, much shorter than inside at the counter. It may cost you a few bucks to tip the skycap.....but, IMO it's worth it to avoid waiting in those awful lines inside. We rarely check bags anymore (it's just the two of us these days since our kids are all adults now) but, on the few occasions we do......I head right outside to the curb.
DonnaL is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: