Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Should we add a Community Sub Forum to the Budget Board?
Yes, I want a community sub-forum 43 27.56%
No, I like the Budget Board the way it is now. 113 72.44%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-21-2012, 04:32 PM   #1
WebmasterPete
Grand Administrator
The Big Dipple
Easily confuses bathrooms and attics
I survived Hurricane Frances...send more ice cream!

DISboards Administrator

A question for the Budget Board

Hi everyone,

In taking a look over this board the last few weeks I see a wide variety of posts here, and while many of them deal with 'budget' related topics, there are some that don't. Since this is what we consider a 'very busy' board (lots of traffic), I was wondering if we should set up a separate community sub-forum here for posts that don't necessarily fall into the budget category. We've done this on some of our other large forums and its worked out well. Rather than just make a unilateral decision, I thought I'd post a poll to see what all of you thought. If you're happy with the board the way it is, that's fine and we can leave it alone. If you think a community sub-forum is a good idea, we can do that pretty easily. Just figured I'd ask for opinions

Thanks,
Pete
Old 01-21-2012, 04:41 PM   #2
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

For years this forum has moved from Disney trip financial to financial in general and then to completely discussions. Possibly the forum moderators should be more aggressive in moving the OT threads into the CB instead of having a Budget CB.

I think that keeping it to allow any financial-related discussions is a good idea.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2012, 04:50 PM   #3
pat fan
I'm leaving now so I don't have to witness what comes next

It appears that Moderators police what they like and don't care to reply to questions because they are busy policing pet topics.

Bring on the points, I tried asking nicely and quietly....

"Sure I wave the American flag. Do you know a better flag to wave? Sure I love my country with all her faults. I'm not ashamed of that, never have been, never will be."
-- John Wayne
pat fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:00 PM   #4
Nayan
DIS Veteran

Location: About an hour east of WDW. 192 all the way "home". :)

I like it the way it is but I have to agree on the off-topic posts (and there's been a couple doozies!). I know the mods work hard (yay mods! ) but I don't think they need another spot to keep an eye on.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:09 PM   #5
JohnBilotti
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
For years this forum has moved from Disney trip financial to financial in general and then to completely discussions. Possibly the forum moderators should be more aggressive in moving the OT threads into the CB instead of having a Budget CB.

I think that keeping it to allow any financial-related discussions is a good idea.
I agree
JohnBilotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:05 PM   #6
eeyorethegreat
DIS Veteran

I think that the reason people post threads here is because this is the particular forum they feel most comfortable in. I can understand that. On the other hand I also feel that it can become a bit "cluttered" with off topic discussion. In that, sometimes one has to scan through titles of OT threads to find the budget topics that are meant to be here. I don't take offense to OT threads here but I do sometimes "forget" I am on the Budget Board simply because there can be so many OT threads. I come here looking for budget advice, ideas and info and though some of the OT threads may be interesting or pertinent to other areas of my life, I do feel that the focus should be on Budget/financial issues. WE do have a community boards and although there are different people who post there many of them are also the same as those who post here. A subforum seems like a compromise. Thank you Pete for involving Dis Board members in this decision.
Old 01-21-2012, 05:15 PM   #7
happygirl
DIS Veteran

I'd say leave it as is it.
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:01 PM   #8
Robinrs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyorethegreat View Post
I think that the reason people post threads here is because this is the particular forum they feel most comfortable in. I can understand that. On the other hand I also feel that it can become a bit "cluttered" with off topic discussion. In that, sometimes one has to scan through titles of OT threads to find the budget topics that are meant to be here. I don't take offense to OT threads here but I do sometimes "forget" I am on the Budget Board simply because there can be so many OT threads. I come here looking for budget advice, ideas and info and though some of the OT threads may be interesting or pertinent to other areas of my life, I do feel that the focus should be on Budget/financial issues. WE do have a community boards and although there are different people who post there many of them are also the same as those who post here. A subforum seems like a compromise. Thank you Pete for involving Dis Board members in this decision.

I come here for budget advice, great deals and cool people. In fact, I come her to ESCAPE the CB!

I would welcome a subforum...with open arms!!

Robinrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:43 AM   #9
superme80
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinrs View Post

I come here for budget advice, great deals and cool people. In fact, I come her to ESCAPE the CB!

I would welcome a subforum...with open arms!!
Glad to see I'm not the only one wh does that. I am all for a sub forum too.
DH-42 ME-34 DS #1-5 DS #2 3 DS #3 9 months old
superme80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:19 PM   #10
sookie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyorethegreat View Post
I can understand that too. It doesn't bother me, but I do understand that it bothers some people. I say leave it the way it is or just have someone actually come and mod every once in a while. I didn't think we actually had a mod on this board... so maybe someone who loves the BB could be assigned to it.
sookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:15 AM   #11
eeyorethegreat
DIS Veteran

Just bumping in case anyone else had input.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:58 AM   #12
TifffanyD
Agreeing and making sense are not the same thing
I need to reload

I vote for no sub-forum since there is already a community board. But I do think this board should be kept only for budget related topics.
TifffanyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:01 AM   #13
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Last edited by Marionnette; 02-08-2012 at 08:28 AM.
Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:19 PM   #14
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

Well, we already have a great community board here...so why do we need 2? I'm not sure if a 2nd budget board would make things easier on the mods....if so that's ok too, but isn't it simpler to just move the OT things?
hsmamato2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 01:50 PM   #15
Burnedout
Proud mom of a marine recruit:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmamato2 View Post
Well, we already have a great community board here...so why do we need 2? I'm not sure if a 2nd budget board would make things easier on the mods....if so that's ok too, but isn't it simpler to just move the OT things?
That makes sense for the regulars. But how does it affect the new visitors to the forum?

It is what it is.
Burnedout is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: