Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2011, 01:46 AM   #1
chwgmjay
I think your giraffe is being towed.

New and Improved Introduce Yourself and Post a pic thread!

There has been discussion about starting a new, merged, "Introduce yourself" and "What do you look like?" thread... So I thought I'd help out our favorite Mod by doing so...

So, here's the deal... please introduce yourself to the gang and post a pic. We promise to be nice and not laugh at you.

(It takes 10 posts to be able to post your picture, so if you don't have enough posts yet, remeber to come back once you do!)

Please include your name, an explaination of your username, where you live, where you have lived in the past, marital/dating status, favorite Disney park, favorite Disney movie, favorite Disney prince or princess, and favorite Disney character (and anything else you'd like to share).

Thanks!
chwgmjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:59 AM   #2
chwgmjay
I think your giraffe is being towed.

I guess I get to go first, since I started the thread...

My name is Jay.

My username comes from a combination of an abreviation for a group I help run, my position in the group, and my first name.

I'm in Minneapolis, and have lived in Minnesota (Twin cities area), Iowa (QC area), Wisconsin (Madison), South Dakota (Sioux Falls), and Illinois (Chicago).

I am 30 and single.

Fave Disney Park changes pretty frequently, but pretty much anywhere at Disney World and I'm happy.

Favorite Disney Movie is Toy Story 3... but to tell you the truth, I've never seen the other 2. LOL

Favorite Disney prince is the prince from Snow White...

And my favorite Disney character is Tigger!

Speaking of Tigger; here's me (I'm *NOT* tigger)

IMG_0185.JPG by CHWgmJAY, on Flickr
chwgmjay is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2011, 12:02 PM   #3
Dead Robot
Earning My Ears

I'm Ted, "Deadrobot" around the web.

My username comes from an Isaac Asimov book: The Caves Of Steel. I've been online since before you got your first email via your phone. I'm ancient.

I'm in Toronto and live with my husband of 4 years (together for 7). He taught me that you could love Disney at any age when he brought me to The World for the first time back in 2005.

We spend our time between Disney trips by watching old 50s & 60s Disney live action movies (with some animated flicks in there too). Yeah, we're that old.

Favorite Disney movie: toss up between The Black Hole (I could write a book on it) and Wall*E (do Pixar movies count?).

Fave character: Baloo
Fave villain: Jafar (love the Joan Crawford shoulders)
Fave Ride: Tower of Terror

Want to know more? I have a site at Deadrobot.com. I steal time from work as much as I can.

Blast from the Past - I'm on the right by deadrobot, on Flickr
Old 01-10-2011, 03:20 PM   #4
ConcKahuna
Corn was on sale, 10 ears for $3, of course it was cheaper at The Root Of All Evil

I'm David, 29 year-old Florida native (although I lived in Maine for about 10 years as well). I worked for the mouse for close to 11 years, but am currently unemployed. I have been with my partner for closing in on 10 years.

My favorite WDW parks are Epcot and DAK. I love Epcot for the atmosphere (and alcohol), and DAK because I'm a big animal person. I have a dog, 4 cats, a macaw, a conure, an african grey, 2 budgies, and 3 lovebirds

My favorite Disney movie was always TRON, and I was very happy with TRON: Legacy (although the first is still my fave). My favorite character is Maleficent!

Here's a picture of me last Memorial day at the Parliament House when I was there with fmelchor and a bunch of friends. We went to go see Jujubee and Jessica Wild perform, and had a blast!

ConcKahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:16 PM   #5
jjjmranch
Mouseketeer

I'm not a frequent poster, but I thought I'd reintroduce myself.
My name is Jane and I drag my kids to WDW at least once every two years. My hubby stays home and fishes since he doesn't like WDW. Too bad for him.
My screen name is just an abbreviation of all our names together and we live in a ranch house. Nothing too imaginative.

I'm a lunch room lady (a nice one) at one of our local high schools.

My favorite park is Magic Kingdom, but my boys love Epcot. Still trying to get them to go on roller coasters.

My favorite character is Jiminy Cricket. Not a very popular one, but I love his song.

I have gone to WDW solo and have had a great time. It was so easy to talk to everyone and enjoy every moment there.

jjjmranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:07 AM   #6
OrlandoMike
all I can say is beer hurts when it comes out of your nose!
I don't think we hijacked Halloween, we just do a better job at it!

Mr. Mike, plain ole head

DISboards Moderator

Before we get too far into this, I am going to unstick the other two threads. But in the name of history, and there is a ton on both of them, I will link them here if anyone ever wants to go back for a good laugh!

The what do you look like thread...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1789043

And the introduce yourself thread...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1679078

And if you don't mind, and are curious, I would like to take this chance to give you a little history about this area of the Dis.

A few years ago someone started a GLBT thread on the Community board. It was an instant hit! Two brave folks (Viki and Rick) asked the Webmasters for a whole new area of the Dis for GLBT folks, and it was approved! Over the years political debates have happened (Back when that was allowed) Weddings were planned, babies made, vacations planned and shared, jokes, inuendos, and tons of "coffee talk"! But one thing has remained the same.

We have a safe environment here for the GLBT folks who love Disney to hang on a daily basis!

And dare I say, quite a few cherished friendships have happened because of it!

Enjoy!
OrlandoMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:08 AM   #7
pandacruise32
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcKahuna View Post
I'm David, 29 year-old Florida native (although I lived in Maine for about 10 years as well). I worked for the mouse for close to 11 years, but am currently unemployed. I have been with my partner for closing in on 10 years.

My favorite WDW parks are Epcot and DAK. I love Epcot for the atmosphere (and alcohol), and DAK because I'm a big animal person. I have a dog, 4 cats, a macaw, a conure, an african grey, 2 budgies, and 3 lovebirds

My favorite Disney movie was always TRON, and I was very happy with TRON: Legacy (although the first is still my fave). My favorite character is Maleficent!

Here's a picture of me last Memorial day at the Parliament House when I was there with fmelchor and a bunch of friends. We went to go see Jujubee and Jessica Wild perform, and had a blast!

Hey neighbor!! I love Jujubee and Jessica Wild!! It is soo cool to see someone from the area!!

Pam
Old 11-11-2011, 07:26 AM   #8
pandacruise32
Earning My Ears

Hi

Hi everyone!! Okay here is my info.
My name is Pamela but I go by Pam. I am 32 (gosh I feel really old) currently live in Orlando but might be moving to Altamonte Springs to be closer to my boyfriend. My screen name is combination from my favorite real animal and what i love to do plus my age when I started onthe boards.

I work retail at a kitchen store off and on for 12 years, had worked for Universal for a few years it was a blast but sadly can not go back. I am currently at Nova Southeastern University to get my bachelor degree in management and marketing! Hopefully will be walking across the stage next December YEAH!!

I am bi but open with almost anything! I found a guy who loves Disney and he got me to love it again. I am absolutely in love with BEAUTY AND THE BEAST!! Can not wait for the Fantasyland expansion to be completed it is soo cool to go to the park and seeing the changes. We are annual passholders but I am thinking about becoming a member of the Vacation Club.
Favorite park is Magic Kingdom! I love Haunted Mansion, Thundermountain (before meeting Anthony I was totally afraid of rollercoasters but now I love them), and the firework shows 'wishes'.

I also love Tigger, Dopey, Owl from Winnie the pooh. Favorite prince is the Beast. If there is anything you need to know just hit me up! Want to meet new friends. I have lived in Australia, Italy, Nebraska, Maryland, and Florida. Traveled to Hong Kong (my brother lives there), Panama, Costa Rica, and other places in the Caribbean. I have a goal to visit more of Europe, Asia, going to South America, Alaska, and Africa.

GRR my picture will not post!! I have picture in my signature of me and my boyfriend! Sorry about that!

Pam
Old 01-18-2011, 08:18 PM   #9
furb & dez
City Bear Jamboreers

Smile

Hi all! It looks like I can't post pictures yet, so I'll just describe the hubby and myself using semaphore and an Aldis lamp. *kidding*

EDIT: Pic!

Furb & Dez are versions of our online handles. We live in beautiful Phoenix, AZ and are definite Disneyphiles. Dez actually went to the Magic Kingdom way back in the early '70's, but doesn't remember much about it (being 6 and all...)

Our home park is Disneyland, but neither of us have been in a while due to the intolerable AP situation there.

My favorite Disney movie is probably a tie between Sleeping Beauty and Beauty and the Beast. I don't think I have a favorite prince or princess (I don't GET the whole prince[ss] thing! Explain it, please!), though if I had to pick, I'd say Mulan or Megara, since neither of those two were simpering "save me" types.

As far as my favorite characters, I would say that my faves are all aspects of my own personality:
  • Baloo
  • Sully
  • Timon
  • Maleficent
LOL Take that as you will...
Our first trip to WDW! Had fun, a bit disappointed in the lack of things to keep us busy. Next trip: eh, 5 years perhaps? Don't understand the psychosis of wasting time trying to meet actors in fursuits or princess costumes, but, wev...

Last edited by furb & dez; 01-26-2011 at 11:31 PM.
furb & dez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:49 PM   #10
ConcKahuna
Corn was on sale, 10 ears for $3, of course it was cheaper at The Root Of All Evil

newbies! Everyone is lookin good!
ConcKahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:25 PM   #11
TeaForTulips
DIS Veteran

Hello! I'm Tarah. My girlfriends name is Jen. She is not so much on the DIS though. We have been together 5 years.

My username is just something I randomly made up. I drink tea and love tulips and thought the play on tea for two was cute.

We live about 30 minutes from Disney depending upon the traffic. I4 is not friendly. We moved here in July from Louisiana for work. It was not a hard choice to make. Once I googled where Altamonte Springs was I knew we were moving!

I really do not have a fave park. I like a little bit of everything from each one.

I am really bad with favorites... I love all the Disney movies! I know them all. Every word and song. On a recent cruise I was the proud winner of the Disney Name that Tune...

Favorite Disney characters are Mulan and Marry Poppins. I am a certified professional nanny so I feel like me and Poppins could get along.

We braved New Years Eve this year at MK and decided never again. I think we are gonna brave gay days this year, but I am praying it is not as bad as NYE. We are hoping to finally get out in the area to meet some people now that the house and work is settled.

Oh and here are a few pictures..

This is Jen "proposing" to me in Belize with a little child size plastic pink flower ring we found that fit my pinky. It was sweet.

Tarah (That's me!) Jen Mary Marmee Bobo Trista Mario Pierce Hallise Pollyanna Tucker
TeaForTulips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:07 PM   #12
nabi
Home at Disney often!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcKahuna View Post
newbies! Everyone is lookin good!
I love seagulls. There was one that visited me (unprompted) daily when I was a lifeguard at an outdoor pool. I named him Hobbs 'cause he walked a little hobbly due to one leg being shorter than the other. I miss Hobbs, it's been 20 years. When I learn how to post a pic I'll add one.
nabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:15 PM   #13
cowboibabyy
Earning My Ears

Hello everyone. Jason here from Birmingham, AL. Can't post a pic yet but that's is me in my avatar. I will provide more info once I have more privileges.
cowboibabyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:13 PM   #14
DrGaellon
Disney Fan - Westgate Owner

Welcome nabi and cowboibabyy. You can both upload pics. You have to have them on a hosting service - either your own, or a photo site like Photobucket or Fotki. Get the URL for the picture, then type "[ IMG ] http://YOUR.URL.HERE [ /IMG ]" (without the quotation marks or extra spaces). That will grab the pic from the hosting site and include it in your post.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:17 PM   #15
mickeysaver
WINNER of the world's worst limerick contest! ;)
I am a LARGE toddler!
No one wants to contemplate their mortality while their broccoli is getting cold

Location: 20 years in the past aka Daytona Beach - It's so weird here!

My name is Maggie.

My username comes from an email addy that I made long ago to catch SPAM from all of my WDW travel research, surveys, and contests.

I'm in the Atlanta area for less than a couple of weeks and then we should be moved to Daytona Beach. Our new home is about 5 miles from the beach.

I am 43 and happily attached for over 11 years to Gabby. We met on the internet. We first went to WDW together back in 2001 and I was hooked again. We have gone to WDW almost once each year since then. I have enjoyed a couple of solo trips there too. My favorite times to visit are during the Flower and Garden Festival, during the Food & Wine Festival, and during the holiday season.

Favorite Disney park for a solo visit is DHS. For a visit with my partner, would have to be Epcot. For our upcoming visits with "Baby M", my great niece, it will most likely be MK and/or AK.

Favorite Disney Movie is The Princess and the Frog. It has displaced The Lion King, which I never thought would happen. I just love the songs, the 2D animation, the story, and the fact that finally we have a princess who has her head screwed on straight and knows that she can be her own person without some stupid prince being necessary to complete her.

Favorite Disney prince is Naveen. He is just so sweet and goofy. Not to mention that in the parks, he is very handsome and fun.

Favorite Disney princess of my youth, Snow White. Now, for reasons stated above, it's Tiana.

Favorite Disney characters include: Jiminy Cricket, Baloo, Stitch, Timon, Pumbaa, Mickey, Mushu, Dug, Little Green Men, Donald Duck, and Humphrey Bear.

Favorite Disney treats: Mickey Bars, Dole Whips, and Jalapeno Cheese Stuffed Pretzels.

Favorite Disney restaurant: MK: The Plaza, EP: Via Napoli, DHS: Mama Melrose, AK: Pizzafari Resort: Kona Cafe (breakfast), Beaches & Cream (lunch), Yachtsmen Steakhouse (dinner).

Favorite Disney ticketed event: MVMCP, but MNSSHP is darn close.

Favorite Disney rides: MK: BTMRR, EP: Soarin', DHS: ToT, and AK: KS

As for a picture, well, if you really want to see me, you will have to get to know me well enough to ask for my FB address. I am not a pretty face by any means, but as long as I take my meds , I am a pretty darn good friend to just about everyone.
mickeysaver is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: