Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2010, 12:46 PM   #1
Mom-2-2Princesses
Mouseketeer

Coffee? Or, more to the point, lattes?

Is there anywhere I can get a decent latte in WDW? I ordered one at AKL in April, and all they did was foam the milk and add it to the regular coffee. They didn't use espresso, so what I got, really, was exceptionally milky Nescafe (ew).

Thanks!
Mom-2-2Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 01:10 PM   #2
BLTLDZ
Loving our DVC :)

Honestly?? Your best bet for a good latte would be to totally go off property to either a Dunkin Donuts, or Starbucks. I have yet to have a REALLY great cup of coffee at the world. And iced coffee?? FORGET IT!!!
Register to remove

Old 05-26-2010, 01:20 PM   #3
tiggergirlinMI
Now living two hours from the World!

Talking Yes...here's where they have real espresso ON property

There are a few stands ON property owned by a company not related to Disney, called Joffreys. you can recognize their stands by the fact they have real espresso machines and they use white cups with purple on them.
Here is a list of where they are located:
One stand in the Contemporary lobby
One stand at the TTC between the entrance to the ferry and monorail ramps
Stand at AK over on the backside somewhere between Africa and Asia
Stand outside Tower of Terror exit
Stands around EPCOT, one outside Ellens Universe of Energy ride and others scattered around the World Showcase. One of those is near England, another near the Mexico side when you first start around the country.
Its the only place we get mochas and lattes now. I think you will like it.
Ive never understood the fascination with Starbucks. They are everywhere and not at all unique anymore.
I have a local coffee shop in my town and the Joffrey stands are as close to them as Ive ever found when out of town, unless you have been to Caribou coffee, WOW....but they will never venture to Disney,lol..
Anyways, hope that helps you

Disney Dreaming
tiggergirlinMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 01:28 PM   #4
Mom-2-2Princesses
Mouseketeer

Oh, thank heavens! I have jotted down those locations and will be on the lookout. And we are staying at the Contemporary in October, so I am delighted that there is a stand there. Three cheers for Captain Caffeine!

Thanks!
Mom-2-2Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 01:40 PM   #5
tiggergirlinMI

You are welcome and as silly as this sounds, the best stand I have found, is the one outside the Tower of Terror exit and then the one at the Ticket Center. The Contemporary was good, had a great iced mocha there one day. It all depends on the barista making the drink. The same baristas always seem to be at the 2 ones I mentioned above and they really know their stuff,lol...
If it weren't for these stands owned by Joffrey's I would have had real withdrawal! lol

Disney Dreaming
Old 05-26-2010, 03:30 PM   #6
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

MSB has real deal espresso and I thought I also saw a sign for Lattes
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:38 AM   #7
luvmylatte
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggergirlinMI View Post
You are welcome and as silly as this sounds, the best stand I have found, is the one outside the Tower of Terror exit and then the one at the Ticket Center. The Contemporary was good, had a great iced mocha there one day. It all depends on the barista making the drink. The same baristas always seem to be at the 2 ones I mentioned above and they really know their stuff,lol...
If it weren't for these stands owned by Joffrey's I would have had real withdrawal! lol
I concur, the stand outside ToT was pretty good. Got me through an early morning....more than once.
Old 05-26-2010, 04:18 PM   #8
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

Quote:
There are a few stands ON property owned by a company not related to Disney, called Joffreys. you can recognize their stands by the fact they have real espresso machines and they use white cups with purple on them.
Stands around EPCOT, one outside Ellens Universe of Energy ride and others scattered around the World Showcase. One of those is near England, another near the Mexico side when you first start around the country.

I wonder if this is what the little stand in WS between Canada and UK is (it's near where the entrance to the Millenium Village used to be). Last year I got an iced latte from there and it was really pretty good (but I'm not much of a coffee expert).
Old 05-26-2010, 06:35 PM   #9
tiggergirlinMI

Yes

Yes the one between Canada and England is one of theirs. Since finding out they are not affliliated with Nescafe, yuck, or Disney, Ive only bought their drinks.
You have to be careful, some stands sell mochas but its put out by a Nescafe machine! AHHHHHHHHHHH, scary!
So yea, if you see an actual espresso machine and simply ask "are you a Joffreys stand?" then you should be good!

Disney Dreaming
Old 05-27-2010, 07:55 AM   #10
Dreamer24
Mouseketeer

What a great thread. Thank you!
Dreamer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:32 AM   #11
BLTLDZ
Loving our DVC :)

Quote:
Oh, I totally forgot about this! The iced cappucino was deliscious!!
Old 05-27-2010, 12:38 PM   #12
keepmoving4ward
Mouseketeer

I had a good latte at Epcot in the Italy pavilion and my sister had an espresso. I don't remember if it was affiliated with the Food and Wine festival though.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:57 AM   #13
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Quote:
One stand in the Contemporary lobby
One stand at the TTC between the entrance to the ferry and monorail ramps
Stand at AK over on the backside somewhere between Africa and Asia
Ive never understood the fascination with Starbucks. They are everywhere and not at all unique anymore.
I have a local coffee shop in my town and the Joffrey stands are as close to them as Ive ever found when out of town, unless you have been to Caribou coffee, WOW....but they will never venture to Disney,lol..
Bumping this thread because of the fantastic information, and that no one seems to realize these carts aren't NesCafe!

t_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:45 AM   #14
CrabbyPatty
DIS Veteran

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for this information. I can't wait for Starbucks to come to WDW (eh, the coffee is probably overpriced and definitely over roasted, but I still NEED my triple grande non-fat latte daily!) so I will absolutely check out these stands when we arrive in a few weeks.
WDW - 8/26/09 - 9/1/09 CBR * WDW - 8/28/10 - 9/2/10 CSR * DL - 8/13/11 - 8/18/11 - Ramada Maingate * WDW - 8/26/12 - 9/1/12 WL * DL - 8/13/13 - 8/19/13 - Fairfield Inn * DL - 8/23/14 - 8/27/14 - Anabella Hotel
CrabbyPatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 05:19 PM   #15
rmoore7
Grateful Dad

Iím somewhat of a coffee geek, and typically if Iím not staying at a monorail resort, Iíve been known to leave MK for a coffee fix at the CR or Poly. Hereís another link with some ideas for those of us who require the real thing...

http://allears.net/din/coffee.htm

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: