Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2009, 02:31 PM   #1
badatz
Earning My Ears

One day trip

I will be going to Disneyland Paris for the first time either on Aug 3, 4, or 5th for a one day trip. I have been to WDW 3 times but this would be the first trip for my DH to any Disney park

We will be there from rope drop to park closing on a one day hopper ticket.

We are a couple in our 20"s with no children and rides like Peter Pan , Snow White etc are of least importance

I would appreciate any advice as to possible touring itineraries to maximize attractions and of course minimize waiting times. Also if any day among the three is a preferred day. I have used TGM at WDW with great success but here I am a complete novice

Thanks in advance for all help given
badatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 03:37 PM   #2
Ms Poppins
I'm sure I'm very affected by all this Disney talk

Hi, and welcome.

I'd advise going mid-week. Weekends are busy at all times of the year.

If you plan on riding Big Thunder Mountain, then i'd suggest doing this first, as it is very popular, and fast passes run out quickly.

The best spot for rope drop for BTM is just at the end of Liberty Arcade, which is the shopping arcade that runs behind the shops on Main St to the left hand side.

Walk through the arcade, and when you come out you'll see 'the rope' on the left hand side. When it drops, run like the wind and veer slightly to the right, for BTM. You'll see the majority of people will enter from further up - the official entrance to Frontierland. Even if you don't want to ride straight away, you'll get fastpasses for use within the hour.

If you're not interested in Peter Pan and the like, then avoid Fantasyland (am i even saying this?) and head for Discoveryland for Space Mountain and Buzz.

The Studios have good rides too, Aeorsmith, Tower of Terror and Crush. Although I've only ever looked at Crush - the wait times are massive for this, and no fastpass.

You can view a map of the parks and get info on the rides on dlrpmagic.com

Good luck
Ms Poppins is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2009, 04:15 AM   #3
markpsych
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Poppins View Post
(am i even saying this?)
lol, I agree, don't walk by 'dark rides' like Snow White and Pinochio if the wait is short....they're fantastic
markpsych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 04:17 AM   #4
davewasbaloo
DIS Veteran

Do not miss attractions for 20 somethings in DLP (most of which are better than their WDW counterparts), in geographical order going clockwise:

Frontierland
Phantom Manor
Big Thunder Mountain (fast pass avail)

Adventureland
Pirates of the Caribbean
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril is only ok really (fast pass avail)
The Caves of Adventure Isle

Fantasyland
Alice's Curious Labrynth
It's a Small World (not to everyone's taste, but a much do)

Discoveryland
Space Mountain (Fast Pass avail)
Star Tours (Fast Pass sometimes avail)
Buzz Lighyear Lazer Blast (Fast Pass avail - though not often necessary as fast loader)
the Nautilus (walk through exhibit)
Some novices like Honey I Shrunk the Audience

WDSP
Tower of Terror
Rock n Roller Coaster
Crush (we think is not worth the wait, others think it is the best attraction in the whole resort)
Moteurs Action is awesome if you like cars and action movies
Cinemagique
Armageddon (if you like special effects attractions like Twister in Universal Orlando - as you are only there for one day, skip)

Going in August, you may want to check out Fantillusion night time parade and Enchanted fireworks (warning, they are much smaller than the Florida displays, but still well done).

I agree that Big Thunder is the best one to head to first thing or Space Mountain)

davewasbaloo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: