Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2009, 08:41 AM   #1
BiancaBernard&Penny
Returning to "Earning My Ears" after all these years

"The Rescuers do Disney" - The Rescuers load up the car!

PT ICU RN gets CX, you get a PTR. AKA "The Rescuers do Disney"

Given my choice of SN I wanted a "Rescuers" theme title but I just had to poke fun at all the abbreviations used around here. I'm still sorting them all out. It's as bad as the healthcare field! So I'm a part-time Registered Nurse in ICU. Things are slow at work lately (great for the patients!) so I wasn't needed last night- got my shift canceled, YAY!! More time for Disney Daydreaming! So why not start a PTR? I, "Bianca" love WDW and am looking forward to returning and seeing my friend Eeyore after several years. We thought it would be 2 more years before we go but couldn't pass up buy 4 get 3.

DH "Bernard" enjoys Disney but doesn't get into the nitty gritty planning. Disney was his idea, he booked the trip and flight, so as far as I'm concerned he's done enough! He's hoping he can get a new Pooh and the tiger tee shirt in AK? Yesterday he made me sad by wearing an Adventurer's Club shirt.

Daughter is "Penny" She'll be 3 in 2 months. She loves "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" and his friends (I think she thinks "Clubhouse" is Mickey's surname) Cinderella and Mary Poppins are OK, Nemo was the favorite for a while, then Bambi. Now she loves Monsters Inc and Incredibles. Yesterday she watched Snow White for the first time and really got into it. Her other classic favorites are Peter Pan and Pinnochio. We're looking forward to meeting all these friends! We have a big story book that we read at bedtime and we'll be having it autographed.

The Trip starts next Wed, to the local airport early in the AM and hopefully be in the parks by late afternoon. We'll be kicking things off with dinner at Chef Mickey's Aid Society HQ will be The Coronado Springs Resort. "Penny" loves the pictures of the pool with it's "pywamid! A grass pyramid!" Me too

We've also got two dogs, shall we call the "Nero" and "Brutus"? LOL Each will be vacationing at a neighbor's home. I'm most worries about "Nero" as she won't have her couch privileges where she's going. It will be our first vacation since we've had her. "Brutus" will be going where he always does and will be fine. That family already owns a young hyper dog that our elderly, sedate "Nero" does not care for.

CBR- Sept 1997
CBR- Sept 17-24, 2001
CSR- May 13-20, 2008 ptr- http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2166836

Debating on a trip this year with 4 year old "Penny" and a 12 year old, too!

Last edited by BiancaBernard&Penny; 05-12-2009 at 08:13 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:18 PM   #2
BiancaBernard&Penny

In 10 days

It will be day 2 of our vacation! Can't believe it's so soon! (already? at last?)
We have ADRs for breakfast at Crystal Palace then dinner at Coral Reef. Eeyore, here I come! I hear mixed reviews about all the restaurants these days but CR in particular so I hope we're not making a mistake. We enjoyed it when we were there last time, so we're hoping for the best

So it looks like we'll be hopping between MK and Epcot for the day... braving those 9 crowds, I hear. Ah well. If all else, there is always that Dig Site pool! We're ready for that! "Penny" had a bathing suit fashion show, we got rid a couple little 2Ts, kept the 3Ts, and tried on a hand-me down 4T. Yippee! It fit- it's a cute skirted bikini, never worn, from the Disney Store with the Little Mermaid. "Penny" is excited about that one!

At any rate, I'm looking forward to my first glimpse of the F&G Show! Especially with all the rain we have lately, I can't seem to enjoy my own flower beds!

CBR- Sept 1997
CBR- Sept 17-24, 2001

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2009, 09:49 AM   #3
BiancaBernard&Penny

"Penny" and I put together our family activity book together last night. She loves GLUE TIME!

It's part planner, part coloring book. We'll be able to put it in my little Vera Bradley Mini Hipster for her to doodle during lines, waiting for dinner, or on the airplane. Meanwhile it holds ADR and other info and I can do a little journaling. I won't be inspired to write more than a few snippets anyway.

The purple ribbon tabs are one for each day, think I'll add some different colors and scatter some park tips throughout.

CBR- Sept 1997
CBR- Sept 17-24, 2001

Old 05-05-2009, 10:01 AM   #4
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Signing on until I can go back and read it all! I often say that the disboards, trip reports and pictures are what keep me sane until our next WDW vacation!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 05-05-2009, 10:10 AM   #5
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Okay, all caught up. Yeah for the slow time at the ICU! That's always good to hear. My Dad spent a whole lot of time in ICU (13 times in just a 4 month time period) so I have a lot of respect for ICU teams.

When we were at Hollywood Studios in August, we were able to see the Incredibles and Sulley from Monsters Inc. Sulley was over by ABC Commissary and the Incredibles were in the Animation Building.

As far as Crystal Palace and Coral Reef go, we love 'em both! We haven't had breakfast at Crystal Palace, only dinner, but it was really good. I loved the atomosphere at Coral Reef and our food was well seasoned and prepared.

Hope you'll be posting more.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 05-05-2009, 10:38 AM   #6
BiancaBernard&Penny

Thanks for joining! We'll be heading to HS and seeking our Pixar friends.

Glad to hear you've had good experiences at both restaurants! We tend to get a lot of breakfast since I'm an vegetarian but I do eat eggs and cheese. Breakfast gets me off to a hot filling start then I can wing it later. I remember having a yummy Pina Colada type drink with (I think) raspberry in it last time at CR. Hope it's still there! I won't even need a meal!

CBR- Sept 1997
CBR- Sept 17-24, 2001

Old 05-12-2009, 08:08 PM   #7
BiancaBernard&Penny

the last 24 hours at home and Mama's gone meshugana!

We're excited!

In less than 12 hours we'll be on our plane!

: cool1:

OK, G'nug already. Ooops, just one more

I wasn't too excited about anything earlier today. Woke up with a migraine that got worse as the day went on. Just what I want when I have a waxing appointment. Yup, a little too close to vacay for "comfort" (and I use the word "comfort" very loosely!) The reason for my meshuga timing? Bernard got me 20% off by buying me a gift card for Mother's Day and it had to be used after Mother's Day. Even worse than a waxing the day before vacation with a migraine? A history final the day before vacation with a migraine. Blech. But it's all done now. I stopped at the grocery store right after my final and bought some extra Excedrin (apparently in my packing/ preparing my go-bottle had moved from my purse to my carry-on. Note to planners: Don't do that! Meshugana. ) My migraine was bad enough at that time that I also bought a coke (not a big soda fan) and a bag of frozen peas. I drove home with them tied to my head. Remember- the word of the day is "meshuga"!

So after the cold pack and a nap at home, I'm feeling well enough to function. Maybe a bit giddy with excitement, wooziness, and meds. You can be the judge. If you're still reading.

The point is... we're all set! Bags all packed. I finally snuck in the last of the things Penny doesn't need but suddenly takes an extreme interest in just because I'm trying to put it in a suitcase. Time to go to bed. Need to leave home in 7 1/2 hours.

See ya when I get back! Happy trip planning and Sweet Disney Dreaming everyone!

CBR- Sept 1997
CBR- Sept 17-24, 2001

Old 05-13-2009, 08:59 AM   #8
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Have Fun! Come back with lots of pictures to share!

Old 05-13-2009, 09:10 AM   #9
amandaluvsgoofy
DIS Veteran

YEA!!! Have a wonderful time!
Time to go for Christmas! Dec '12 PTR
TR-Yogi Drags Her Dude Back! Aug 2011 TR - Hubby & Prego do Disney in August 2009

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: