The Internet's Largest and Friendliest Disney Community WDWinfo.com | DISboards.com | Dreams Unlimited Travel
DISboards
Sheraton Resort Orlando
Beautiful Rooms and Atmosphere

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions > Hotel & Accommodations Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2009, 02:24 PM   #1
dtripli
Mouseketeer

Sheraton Vistana Resort Questions

Hi - We are heading to Disney in early June and are spending our second week off property at the Sheraton Vistana Resort. We are mainly looking to relax and spend some quality time together after a busy week at the parks. My question is what building/area should I request to be close to the main pool/eating area etc.? Our children are 14, 12, 9 and 1 so location is important to us. Also do all of the villas have balconies? If not is this something I can request as well? My husband and I would love to be able to sit out with a glass of wine after the kids go to bed. We have a two bedroom villa. I really appreciate any advice you have to offer.
dtripli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 07:44 AM   #2
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Hi.....

All the villas have balconies or patios.

Some of the newer sections offer elevator buildings and are 4-5 stories high (Lakes and Cascades).

The ones that do not have elevators are either 2 or 3 stories high.

There are 7 pools. When you say the "main" pool, people see that in different ways. Some will say the newest Cascades has the main pool. Others would consider the older section with the Super pool as the main pool.
The Cascades and Lakes pools are zero depth entry pools with some fountains in them. The Fountains pool has a rock formation with a water fall. The older Falls pool has a slide.

So it just depends on what you want. I'd just request "close to pool" in your reservation. I suggest filling out the Diamond Lane online request form :

https://www.mystarcentral.com/servic...SVO_RC_DIA_SVR

Any other questions, please feel free to ask.......

Maria

MiaSRN62 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2009, 08:29 AM   #3
dtripli
Mouseketeer

Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaSRN62 View Post
Hi.....

All the villas have balconies or patios.

Some of the newer sections offer elevator buildings and are 4-5 stories high (Lakes and Cascades).

The ones that do not have elevators are either 2 or 3 stories high.

There are 7 pools. When you say the "main" pool, people see that in different ways. Some will say the newest Cascades has the main pool. Others would consider the older section with the Super pool as the main pool.
The Cascades and Lakes pools are zero depth entry pools with some fountains in them. The Fountains pool has a rock formation with a water fall. The older Falls pool has a slide.

So it just depends on what you want. I'd just request "close to pool" in your reservation. I suggest filling out the Diamond Lane online request form :

https://www.mystarcentral.com/servic...SVO_RC_DIA_SVR

Any other questions, please feel free to ask.......

Maria
Thanks so much Maria - for the request link as well - Now I just need to decide which pool is best for us. Zero entry is nice for the baby, but Im sure my "big Kids" would like the slide!
dtripli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:41 AM   #4
SWB
Mouseketeer

A few more questions

How big/fun is the slide?

Do they charge a parking fee?

Please explain the no housekeeping rate - do they have self service trash dump areas? Does the rate include them cleaning up when we check out?
SWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:57 PM   #5
bzzybee13
Mouseketeer

Room requests

I am curious if anyone has experience with this resort on whether or not they easily grant room requests? How about upgrades?
bzzybee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 04:02 PM   #6
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

no parking fee
if you are exchanging they do a mid week cleaning with no charge.

the definitely do the room request - if they can. can't with RCI or II - you get what the reservation says.

don't about upgrades.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 05:04 PM   #7
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Requests are hit or miss at Vistana. I have gotten my requests about 85% of the time though. I suggest putting your requests in the online form I provided and backing it up with a fax to the attention of the Vistana Room Controller : Fax 407 239 3111

Not sure what you mean by an "upgrade" bzzybee ? You have a 2 bedroom villa and there are no 3 bedrooms at Vistana.

Old 02-18-2009, 05:05 PM   #8
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

The one pool slide on property at the Falls section :

Old 02-22-2009, 08:32 AM   #9
bzzybee13
Mouseketeer

Upgrade

Quote:
Requests are hit or miss at Vistana. I have gotten my requests about 85% of the time though. I suggest putting your requests in the online form I provided and backing it up with a fax to the attention of the Vistana Room Controller : Fax 407 239 3111

Not sure what you mean by an "upgrade" bzzybee ? You have a 2 bedroom villa and there are no 3 bedrooms at Vistana.
Thanks for the info! I meant to a lockoff...
2006 - Me, DH, DD, my sister & her BF at Wyndham Bonnet Creek
2009 - Me, DH, DD & DS at Sheraton Vistana Resort
11/2012 - Me, DH, DD & DS at Marriott's Grande Vista
bzzybee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:38 PM   #10
steelebug
Mouseketeer

Falls renovation??

Is it true that the Falls are being renovated?
steelebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 02:31 PM   #11
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

yes it is steelbug.....Falls should be complete by the end of May of this year.........

Maria

Old 03-07-2009, 03:11 PM   #12
alisonh
Mouseketeer

We are headed here in about 3 weeks. How far is it to Disney? Do we need to rent a car or is there a shuttle etc? We have never been to Disney and just traded our timeshare through II. Anything we should know? We will be just 3, dh and I along with ds(almost 3)
Old 03-07-2009, 03:31 PM   #13
laceemouse
DIS Veteran

It is very close to Downtown Disney. I think they have shuttle buses, but we had a car. It is a nice resort!
Old 03-08-2009, 01:25 PM   #14
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisonh View Post
We are headed here in about 3 weeks. How far is it to Disney? Do we need to rent a car or is there a shuttle etc? We have never been to Disney and just traded our timeshare through II. Anything we should know? We will be just 3, dh and I along with ds(almost 3)
I highly recommend a car Alisonh. It's a 10-15 min drive to the parks. It's a 5 min drive to DD/Marketplace. There are shuttles but they are like $8/person/day. And the shuttle times are not the most convenient. It's much cheaper to rent a car. And the resort itself is very large and having a car to get around there is a benefit unto itself.

Do you have a 1 or 2 bedroom reserved ? I suggest you fill out and submit the online Diamond Lane form that I posted the link to in a couple posts above. I don't think you'll have any trouble getting one since you are trading via II, but just in case, request a newly remodeled room or the Cascades section.

Maria

Old 03-08-2009, 03:48 PM   #15
Wendaeh
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Do you have a 1 or 2 bedroom reserved ? I suggest you fill out and submit the online Diamond Lane form that I posted the link to in a couple posts above. I don't think you'll have any trouble getting one since you are trading via II, but just in case, request a newly remodeled room or the Cascades section.

Maria
Maria -- how far in advance do you send in the diamond lane form? We're going on April 13th.

Thanks -
Wendy

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: