Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2008, 05:02 PM   #1
ranidayz
DIS Veteran is a....... Caribbean Amphibian

Mar. 13, 2010 Eastern Magic - "Caribbean Amphibians"

I couldn't find a meet thread yet for this one -- only 519 days away -- so I started one! I, for one, am so excited to finally have our reservation and now just sit back and watch!

I'm thinking we can have a lot of fun with Kermit in Pirate Gear! The pic to the side was one I was able to find online and I put a note to the designers on the DIS Creative Board --- would look great on a shirt and be easy for Fish Extenders!

Who's with me!

Update:

Particpation in the Fish Extender Gift Exchange will be limited to those who sign up PRIOR to the 75 day mark for the cruise. This is to encourage participation in the thread and to lesson the last-minute sign-ups which happen frequently. It also gives adequate time to prepare supplies.

Please sign up for our Meet group by sending the following information to me:

Family Name
Adult Names
Childrens ages (names if you are comfortable)
State you live in
Stateroom #
email
cell number (if you are comfortable)

The final list will be distributed one month before the cruise.

Even if you are not participating in the FE, feel free to send the above info to be included in group meets! We're getting really close!

Even if you are not doing the FE, please feel free to pm your above info to me to be included in group meets. Thanks! We're getting closer!

Last edited by ranidayz; 01-25-2010 at 07:55 AM.
ranidayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 09:34 PM   #2
ranidayz

Last edited by ranidayz; 10-16-2008 at 12:30 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2008, 04:29 PM   #3
ronunc
Disney Veteran

My DW and I are booked CAT 6 on 13 March 2010. From all the complaints about the 2010 prices on these boards, I guess eveyone is holding out...

Maybe we can eat at Palo every other night (kidding).
ronunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 04:33 PM   #4
ranidayz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronunc View Post
My DW and I are booked CAT 6 on 13 March 2010. From all the complaints about the 2010 prices on these boards, I guess eveyone is holding out...

Maybe we can eat at Palo every other night (kidding).
I am totally psyched to have you here~!

Yeah - the prices went up - but we'd booked onboard last March and were able to get pretty decent prices after we actually called Disney. The prices actually went down!

I didn't get to have dinner at Palo last time around (just brunch) - I can't believe I didn't know about the famous chocolate souffle.....

Ranidayz
Old 10-20-2008, 03:25 PM   #5
ronunc
Disney Veteran

I'm surprised there are no more takers yet. We thought this cruise to be a bargain compared to the 5 day Wonder cruises.
ronunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:10 AM   #6
imagine
Earning My Ears

We're on it! (myself, DH, 2 DD (4 and 8 at cruise time) May not be on here much for awhile yet as we're building a house right now too so life is crazy at the momemt.

We got one of the secret porthole rooms so are very excited!!! Now to not spill the beans to the girls for a bit... If I do I know I'll be answering questions daily about how long until we leave!!
imagine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 07:39 PM   #7
3dog2kidmom
DIS Veteran

Alright, I'm in! Booked today... I love Kermit and am happy to meet you all!
3dog2kidmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 02:54 PM   #8
ranidayz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dog2kidmom View Post
Alright, I'm in! Booked today... I love Kermit and am happy to meet you all!
Welcome!
Old 02-24-2009, 12:43 PM   #9
imagine
Earning My Ears

I'm new to all this too so will need some help along the way! I can sew a bit, but pictures help so if you get the fish extender made and can post a pic that would help me!! Sounds like fun to try!!

My 3 year old said last night "we going on a cruise tomorrow" Wish it were that fast - the concept of time just isn't quite there yet!!
imagine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 12:57 PM   #10
ranidayz

My husband reminded me that today is the one year anniversary of our Disney Cruise.....best vacay ever! Can't wait to go again!
Old 03-01-2009, 08:18 PM   #11
ranidayz

OK - totally so excited - I just found out that my bud - and disney expert extrordinairre - whom I met on the last cruise - is going on this cruise, too! She's awesome and knows every tip there is! YAYAY!
Old 08-11-2009, 02:17 PM   #12
atinkerbellmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranidayz View Post
OK - totally so excited - I just found out that my bud - and disney expert extrordinairre - whom I met on the last cruise - is going on this cruise, too! She's awesome and knows every tip there is! YAYAY!
Hi guys, just read the few pages of the thread.... This person of whom I quote is my friend Rani. I guess it is me of who she speaks.... Ok now I will get off my "Old English" box and introduce myself......

Rani and I have cruised before together. We as a family have cruised DCL multiple time..... Oh what the heck, we have cruised so many times, it has taken a year of salary from my house.... We too have booked this cruise. We were scheduled to go this past March and pulled out at the last minute and did the world instead. DH was just having issues with DCL at the time. We were scheduled to do the Double Dip this November and got the the kids schedule for 2010 and found out that it is standardlized test time so we needed to transfer our booking. Well this cruise is scheduled during our Spring Break, so we then quickly booked this cruise... Then to our MAGICAL suprise, we found out our dear friends were also booked on it. Spring Break, means no test. So therefore, VACATION!!!!

Then I come here to find out that Disney Nana is on this cruise. Sounds pretty cool... When we travel, we usually bring a bucket load of people with us, but right now it is just DH, DS 12 @ sailing, DD 8 @sailing and myself....

I started shopping last week. Swimsuit for DD, shorts for DD and flip flops. You know I have to get it while I can...... Now we do have a little situation..... Our family actually has 3 cruises booked right now. I guess this is an actual confession. We actually have 3 cruises booked right now. 2 on DCL and 1 on RCCL. Now here is the confession. Our DCL & RCCL are booked for the same date. Yes, we have booked another cruise for this same date and this is the reason I have not been to the meets thread and posted. We are just figuring out what we are going to do. The truth is we are waiting for October to make the final decision. Our other DCL date is a dummy date. We are waiting to see the prices for the Dream. We want to for sure go on the new ship and need to see where the $ is. A group of us past cruisers have selected a date to sail together and will target that date for sure. So if the prices come out very high, we will do RCCL. If not we will stick with DCL. So I can not throw my heals up and lock in until October. I will stay on this thread though, as I do not want to be one of those that lurks and you have not heard from me until the 1st of March; as it occurs in many meets threads.

I just know we will be at Port Canaveral this week in March getting on a ship, we just have to decide which ship. We have ONLY cruised Disney before so this is new.

As far as Fish Extenders...... I have never participated in one as I do not like to haul all of the stuff there or back. I have participated in private exchanges, but never group ones. It becomes very hard when at the end, 20 people sign up at the last minute. I then feel stressed about buying more stuff. So, if we are cruising with you, the Tink Family will pass on the FEE. Now yesterday, I did buy stuff to take a crack at making one. I sew and saw them on a thread of people trying to locate them. I decided to buy the stuff, make it and then offer it to a DISer at cost. So I will see how it turns out.

Disney Nana, we will stick stick to our Florida plan.

It is nice meeting all of you and regardless, our family is in countdown mode to cruise.

Thanks, Cheri & Johnna. Thanks Tiny Tink & LtWDWdream. & Thanks Rani

Last edited by atinkerbellmom; 08-11-2009 at 02:28 PM.
atinkerbellmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 06:34 PM   #13
JustinsMommy07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by imagine View Post
I'm new to all this too so will need some help along the way! I can sew a bit, but pictures help so if you get the fish extender made and can post a pic that would help me!! Sounds like fun to try!!

My 3 year old said last night "we going on a cruise tomorrow" Wish it were that fast - the concept of time just isn't quite there yet!!
I don't have any pics of the fish extender from the cruise. I have no idea why I didn't take any...I am guessing that I was upset about not having the magnets for the door. I will try to dig out the fish extender and take a pic to post.
Me DH DS#1 DS#2

JustinsMommy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:36 PM   #14
ranidayz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinsMommy07 View Post
I don't have any pics of the fish extender from the cruise. I have no idea why I didn't take any...I am guessing that I was upset about not having the magnets for the door. I will try to dig out the fish extender and take a pic to post.
I'm excited to have one this trip....we did it a little differently on the last cruise.

What other kind of stuff do we want to do with this group for the cruise?
Old 03-10-2009, 07:26 PM   #15
Dave and Micha
Mouseketeer

Hi Everyone! We just got back from a back to back on the Disney Magic and it was the MOST incredible cruise we have ever taken... and with 69 under our belts that is saying something.

I envy you all getting ready to go on and wonder if some of you can help me out with some fun.

We had a great time with our Head Server who is also a Server in Palo... his name is Roberto. We joked and teased the entire 2 weeks and it was truly said when we left. I told him that we would haunt him from beyond and that is where you all come in.

If any of you have Palo reservations PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE say Hi to PJ from Dave and Michael... but go up to Roberto and tell him that Dave and Michael from the Disney Boards told you to find him and ask him for a special free Roberto cocktail. Then ask him if he has his GPS positioning yet. (He kept joking that he was going to tag me with it so he would know when we were coming so he could hide.)

I am going to ask people to do this every week for as long as I can keep it going.

I know he will laugh, but it will also let him know that we truly enjoyed his service and friendship while on board. You should request him as a server if you don't already have a favorite.

Thanks alot!

Dave

Dave and Micha is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: