Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2008, 12:25 PM   #1
kittylady1972
Disneyholic

Talking Five Days of Disney Dining - Sept. 30 - Oct. 4th, 2008

My first ever dining report is coming soon. I took lots of photos of our delicious food around the World and even had my husband trained to help out. I'll admit I missed a few photos, but I'll still review the food here. Here is where we dined last week:

Sept. 30th
Brown Derby (lunch) - POST #5
Pecos Bills (dinner) - POST #5

Oct. 1st
Spoodles (breakfast) - POST #7
Food and Wine Festival booths (lunch) - POST #7

Narcoossee's (dinner) - POST #8

Oct. 2nd
Beach Club Marketplace (breakfast) - POST #17
Columbia Harbour House (lunch) - POST #17

Captain's Grille (dinner) - POST #18 & 21

Oct. 3rd
Kona Cafe (breakfast) - POST #22
Wolfgang Puck Express (lunch) - POST #23
California Grill (dinner) - POST #23

Oct. 4th
ABC Commissary (lunch) POST #24

The past:*Jan'14: DCL MAGIC*Sep/Oct'13 DCL WONDER*Aug'13:DLR*Jan'13: POP/SSR*Nov'12:VWL/DCL DREAM/THV*Jun'12:SWAN * Mar '12:BDWLK * Jun'11:BLT * Dec'09:SSR * May'09:BC&AKV *Oct'08:BCVDINING REPORT*Jun'08:POP* Nov'07:OKW&SSR*Oct'06:AKL*Jan '06:CR*Feb'04:BDWLK *Oct'03:POLY*Sep'01:CR*Oct'99:POR*Feb'97:ASM

Last edited by kittylady1972; 10-09-2008 at 08:10 PM. Reason: updated
kittylady1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:24 PM   #2
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

Yay I'm first and so excited!
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2008, 01:30 PM   #3
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

I'm right behind ya Nick!
Old 10-06-2008, 01:58 PM   #4
chocolateMinnie
DIS Veteran

looking forward to these too.

chocolateMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:12 PM   #5
kittylady1972
Disneyholic

Thumbs up Day One: Brown Derby Lunch, Magic Kingdom Dinner and Snacks

We arrived at our resort (Beach Club Villas) early in the morning after a 7am flight out of Baltimore. We walked around a bit and decided to hit Hollywood Studios. I have always wanted to try the Brown Derby so I called Disney Dining as we sat on the dock waiting for the boat to the park. They were wide open for lunch so we took an 11:30am seating. We arrived right on time and even though it was pretty empty it seemed to take a while to seat us. No matter.

Moses was our server and he was personable if a bit hard to understand. We decided to split the Cobb Salad to save room for dessert. I love bleu cheese but not a big fan of avacado or tomato. It arrived quickly and Moses mixed it up at the table for us and split it into portions for each of us. IT WAS FAB-U-LOUS! We were still talking about it days later. Sorry I did not take photos...it went fast!

When it comes to dessert, I'm a major chocoholic, but I don't like really heavy desserts. The flourless chocolate cake sounded good but Moses said his favorite was the Banana White Chocolate Toffee Tower:

It was WONDERFUL, not too light and not too heavy with the right amount of Toffee Pieces in the middle to give me my chocolate fix. The only thing I didn't care for was the little cookie thing on top.

DH decided on the Pistachio Cheesecake:

He seemed to enjoy it as well.

OVERALL: This restaurant gets an A in my book and we can't wait to go back. This may have to be one of our regular visits on future trips. The atmosphere was nice too, despite the woman in the booth across the restaurant enjoying a bottle of wine alone and talking loudly on her cell phone.
Total cost here was $39.42 which included a $7 DDE discount and the tip for Moses.

Next stop was the Magic Kingdom for Mickey's NSS Halloween Party. I was SO looking forward to using one of our counter service credits for dinner at Columbia Harbour House but when we got there at 6pm they were closing. We headed to El Pirata, another place I've never tried, and it was also closed. So we headed to Pecos Bills, and old standby but not one of my favorites. DH got the Bacon Double Cheeseburger and fries, nothing special. It was $11.75 but free thanks to the Dining Plan. I grabbed a Turkey Leg from a nearby cart and a bottle of water and that cost me $8.50. I LOVE the Turkey Legs so it was a perfect meal for me.

Later that night we hit Mrs. Pott's Cupboard for ice cream. We paid $7.12 for a vanilla cone (DH) and Hot Fudge Sundae (Me). I LOVE their Sundaes there, lots of fudge for the chocoholic in me. It was a big mistake to ride Space Mountain soon after that though...UGH!

The past:*Jan'14: DCL MAGIC*Sep/Oct'13 DCL WONDER*Aug'13:DLR*Jan'13: POP/SSR*Nov'12:VWL/DCL DREAM/THV*Jun'12:SWAN * Mar '12:BDWLK * Jun'11:BLT * Dec'09:SSR * May'09:BC&AKV *Oct'08:BCVDINING REPORT*Jun'08:POP* Nov'07:OKW&SSR*Oct'06:AKL*Jan '06:CR*Feb'04:BDWLK *Oct'03:POLY*Sep'01:CR*Oct'99:POR*Feb'97:ASM
Old 10-06-2008, 08:44 PM   #6
kittylady1972
Disneyholic

Thumbs up Removed...duplicate post

Last edited by kittylady1972; 10-06-2008 at 08:52 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:50 PM   #7
kittylady1972
Disneyholic

Thumbs up Oct. 1st Part 1- Spoodles, F&W Festival

Another first time for us this time was Spoodles for breakfast, an easy walk from the Beach Club Villas over to Boardwalk. We both decided on the same thing for breakfast...the Ham and Cheese Frittata. The only difference was that I got Sausage mixed INTO mine and DH got his on the side. I'm just showing mine:

Let me say, these were EXCELLENT but I think we could have split one between us as I took half of mine back to the room and so did DH. I am not a fan of breakfast potatoes, but I tried these...and they were also VERY good. The had some Italian seasoning to them that just made them taste so good. It was so hard to stop eating them.

OVERALL RATING: A definite 'A' from me, another one I'd love to try. I don't think DH was thinking it was anything special, but he did enjoy it. Total cost was $32 here and that included a $5.69 discount for DDE and about a $6 or $7 tip.

We then headed over to EPCOT with plans to pretty much make the Food and Wine Festival booths our lunch. We didn't want to fill up as we had plans for Narcoossee's for dinner.

First stop at the booths was Canada. I had the Cheddar Cheese Soup, Maple Glazed Salmon and sample of the Riesling wine. It was all very good. DH also had the soup. We used Dining Snack Credits (3) for the food which would have cost us about $11. The soup was good but I felt it seemed like it had more of a flour taste to it than I would have liked. The salmon was VERY good and a nice size for a sample. It was served on a bed of greens with walnuts and corn and even that was all good too. I cleaned my plate, a rare thing. Wine was good too.

Next stop was France. I had thoughts of trying the Escargot but once I saw it I just couldn't do it. DH did get it, here is the one he had left.

He said it was okay, but mostly he could only taste the breading which had a garlic taste to it.

My husband is also a big fan of Grand Marnier, so I headed to the booth that had the Grand Marnier Orange Slush and got this for DH. This was yummy and not very strong at all.

Final stop was at Hops and Barley Booth. I got the New England Lobster Roll which was a whopping $7 and covered by the snack on the DDP.

Had I known what this was ahead of time, I probably would not have ordered it as I wasn't in the mood for a sandwich. It was a cold lobster/shrimp salad-type thing and it was okay but nothing spectacular. We also got two wine samples from the New York State Wine Adventure. I only remember that I liked DH choice over mine and his was an Arctic Fox white wine.

Last edited by kittylady1972; 10-07-2008 at 07:24 AM. Reason: more info

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: