Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2008, 12:17 PM   #1
LoveThatMouse!
Mouseketeer

Post Photos of Hotels Here...DLH, HoJo, BWPPI, DI&S, CCI...etc.

I know that there are multiple sites to visit to see photos (interior and exterior) of the DLR hotels as well as the neighboring hotels, but I thought that a thread that collected all of photos in one place would be nice. We have yet to visit but will be staying at HoJo next week.

Soooo, does anyone out there have hotel photos to share?

Last edited by LoveThatMouse!; 01-26-2009 at 08:13 PM.
LoveThatMouse! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:32 PM   #2
hollieplus2
Tags always make people happy
I kept saying chewable
My toes might appreciate some alone time

I would love to see that also.

July 2006---Pop, ASMovies, Animal Kingdom
September/October 2007---POFQ
December 2009---WDW & DCL
September 2012---POR/ToT 10 Miler
hollieplus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2008, 12:54 PM   #3
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

You would think I should have Paradise Pier, HoJo, and Anabella pictures, but I don't.

However, I have some (grainy) in-room pictures of the Carousel!

(the bathroom that flooded dramatically, and got so steamy it set off the smoke alarm when I opened the bathroom door)

Closet

The room was almost exactly the same as our room at Anabella. They are sister hotels, and it was kind of spooky (NOT knowing that) walking into the Carousel room just a month after being at Anabella. Only difference was that our first floor room at Anabella had wood floors (which I loved).

Here's the view from outside my room at Carousel.

Bit of zoom:
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:59 PM   #4
LoveThatMouse!
Mouseketeer

Two
Four
Six
Eight
Who is really Super Great!!!!
BUMBERSHOOT!!!!!

You win the award for being 1st to post pictures!
Those are AWESOME and very informative!

Old 03-06-2008, 02:18 PM   #5
EMAW
Mouseketeer

Here are my pictures from the PPH last year. We were made the 'Big Kahuna Family' so we were in a very cool suite with an awesome view.

Sorry for the mess, this was on our last day and we were packing.

Looking at these pics reminds me of how sad I will be to be in DL at the Desert Inn and not onsite! Oh well, the budget only allowed that luxury once!
Old 03-06-2008, 02:55 PM   #6
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

That first picture of EMAW's, just the bed area, looks just like the normal theme park room we were upgraded to at PP. So for frame of reference, that's what our room looked like. There was one loveseat (which I do have a picture of, but my private brother is on said couch so I can't post it) near the windows, but it wasn't a suite, just a room!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 03:03 PM   #7
EMAW
Mouseketeer

Here's what was on the other side of the bedroom side of the suite:

Sounds like it is similar to a regular room- it was nice! The bathroom was nice too but I didn't think to take pictures of the bathrooms.
Old 03-16-2008, 12:50 AM   #8
keeperofzoo
Free the Princesses!- a proud member of HAPI

I have some pictures of the inside of a room a the Castle Inn, if any one wants me to post it. The room there was adequate.
keeperofzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 05:42 AM   #9
DisneySuiteFreak
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeperofzoo View Post
I have some pictures of the inside of a room a the Castle Inn, if any one wants me to post it. The room there was adequate.
Of course we want you to post it! Post away!
DisneySuiteFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 09:16 AM   #10
Mary Jo
Techarita
Loves the star on the mountain

DISboards Moderator

This is a great idea.

I'd like to have a separate thread for each hotel with everyone's input, and collect them up in the FAQ sticky at the top of the board. It's time to update that information, anyway.
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:50 AM   #11
LoveThatMouse!
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone!
We are back from our wonderful trip and I wanted to report back on our nice hotel stay at HoJo's.

We had booked a DisneyViewRoom ($74/night entertainment rate) and received room 1*605 on the 6th floor right outside the elevator. Our room looked identical to DisneySuiteFreaks pictures in post #19 with the exception of our room having only one sink.

At first I was a bit concerned because the front desk reps said that the room had only one sink inside the bathroom. YIKES! How was this going to work out w/ a family of 5 that included 2 teenage girls.... Actually without a problem... the desk area in the room was so large w/ a nice sized mirror that after showers, the girls did makeup and hair without a problem. shooooo.....

Another concern was that we were located just outside the elevator, and I was worried about noise.... this too worked out fine, as the fans in the rooms are loud enough to block out any road or hallway noise. Our family sleeps with noisemakers or fans in our rooms at home to make white noise, and the HoJo's A/C units provided exactly that for us. Because of the fan humm, it also blocked out any street noise. The fan runs consistently (not cutting on and off as some units do.)

Things I loved most about HoJo's...
Size of the room
Fridge, Microwave and Coffeepot
Excellent housekeeping
The citrus scented bath products OMG!
Fireworks from the balcony
Beds

Things that could have been better...
-Internet issues on several days

-When the rollaway bed was brought up, housekeeping said it was the last one and that we may want to put the mattress directly on the floor because the springs were shot. Our little guy didn't notice the springs luckily....a teenager may complain.

-The walk was a bit farther than what I had anticipated, but it was convenient to pop into MiMi's and McDonald's on the walk for an extra cup of coffee or yogurt parfait.

One of the best things that I have learned from our travels, is that it is utmost to manage your expectations. If I set my expectations too high, than I will undoubtably be disappointed. This is why I am so thankful for the Disboards. If I had expected a 5 star hotel in HoJo's, I would have been a bit sad....but it was a great 3 star experience. And you absolutely can't complain about the rate! Had I paid hundreds, I would have expected a premium experience. The pictures that were posted prior to our arrival were right on par, and I am so grateful to everyone who has posted.

I hope others will continue to post reviews and photos to help those who are still questioning which hotel to choose.

Thanks again Everyone!!!
Old 03-19-2008, 04:38 PM   #12
mousiemom
adam lambert lover!

exactly how far was your walk from the HOJO? what time did you leave every morning to go to the park? we are looking forward to our stay @ hojo. we also have a disney view room with a request on the 7th floor. where did you do most of your eating?
thanks,
mousiemom

[]75-DL/80-WDW/97-WDW/99-DISNEYMOON-ASM/02-DD 1ST TRIP-ASM/04-ASM/05-POP/06-POP/1/07-POP/5/07-POR/8/07-SSR/12/07-POP/1/08-POP/6/08-DL-HOJO/9/08-POP/12/08-ASM/2/09-POP/5/09-POP/9/09-POP/12/09-POP/5/10-POP/12/10-POP/11/11-POPBC12/11-POP-11/12POP 4/13/POP-11/13Offsite-4/14/POP-11/14
mousiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 06:08 PM   #13
DearDaisyinDurham
I'm trying not to look at the poutine, it's my weakness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousiemom View Post
exactly how far was your walk from the HOJO? what time did you leave every morning to go to the park? we are looking forward to our stay @ hojo. we also have a disney view room with a request on the 7th floor. where did you do most of your eating?
thanks,
mousiemom
If you can cross to the Disneyland side, at the light right at the corner where Ho Jo's and Mimi's is, you miss out on walking through the crowds, it's a seven minute walk. If the park opens at 10am, be ready to go through bag check and the turnstiles before 9am as Main Street will be open. If it's same park opening time for both parks and it's early entry (MM) for DL, you may want to go to DCA first. The advantage of being on the plaza between both parks is that you can visually see the lines going into each park.

You will love HoJo's. I was on the 4th floor with a great Matterhorn view. I did not eat at Mimi's, just picked up muffins for the morning from there, but I have eaten there in the past and love their food. There are lots of places to eat along the main avenue. (If you are going to DL and getting coffee, on the right side of Main Street is the Market house, get your coffee there and save your receipt for refills, I did this every day and it was fun telling others that I had learned this on the Dis)

Have a wonderful time!!!!
Old 06-21-2008, 07:42 PM   #14
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

These are pictures from the grounds at the Disneyland Hotel and the Lobby of the main tower.

kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:06 PM   #15
LoveThatMouse!
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousiemom View Post
thanks,
mousiemom
Mousiemom,
My daughter actually timed our walk and from the HoJo front desk to the Disney ticket booths, it was 10 minutes 50 seconds...but she reminded me that on that day we got caught at the light crossing Harbor.

The DisneyView rooms on the 7th floor have the cathedral ceiling with a cathedral window that it not covered by a curtain. We requested a room without the window, because our family is sensitive to sleeping in rooms that are not completely dark. weird, I know.

We ran by Target on our first day and grabbed milk, juice, cereal, pastries, trail mix, peanut butter, etc. that we had for breakfasts, and we ate the rest of our meals in the parks, with a few late night omelettes at MiMi's. MiMi's has yummy muffins that come with all of their breakfast items, so we generally took those back to the room because the portions were so large.

Enjoy your trip!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: