The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Cooking (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Quick & Easy Christmas treats - *UPDATED* - compiled recipes - Page 53 (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=973110)

Shagley 12-05-2005 01:49 PM

Quick & Easy Christmas treats - *UPDATED* - compiled recipes - Page 53

Let share some quick and easy Christmas or other Holiday treat ideas/recipes for those of us who don't have time to make lots of cookies. Please only include ideas/recipes that take less than 30 minutes to make. My favorite is...

Pretzel wreaths
Ingredients
Pretzel rings (round shaped pretzels)
Hershey's Hugs
Christmas M&M's
Easy release aluminum foil

Line a cookie sheet with easy release aluminum foil. Place the prezel rings flat on the cookie sheet. Place one Hershey Hug in the center of each pretzel ring. Put the cookie sheet in a 350 degree oven for 3 minutes (just until the Hug gets melty). Remove from oven and place an M&M on top of each hug, and press the M&M down so the melted Hug fills the center of the pretzel ring. Let cool for 5 minutes (until the Hug has set up a bit) and remove from pan. Place on wax paper to completely cool.

12/06/2007 - Here is a link to page 53 - go to posts #791 & 792 for a printable list of recipes. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post22065042

ohiominnie 12-05-2005 01:57 PM

We just made these last night.....only we used the square pretzels that look like waffles. Our directions also were for 170 degree oven for 10 minutes and then 10 minutes in the fridge.

They are the perfect sweet-salty combination.

ckoncurat 12-05-2005 02:20 PM

Almond toffe squares:
12 whole graham crackers
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
Assorted nuts and/or chocolate chips as desired

Preheat oven to 400
Line a cookie sheet with foil and lay out graham crackers on top
Stir together butter and brown sugar on the stovetop until boiling. Boil 1 minute.
Pour butter mixture over graham crackers. Put in the oven
Bake 3-6 minutes until bubbly.
Remove from oven. Cool slightly. Spinke on toppings as desired (I used crushed pecans, semi-sweet chocolate chips and heath brickle bits.
Cool completely. Breal each cracker into 4 sections.
Makes 48 squares.(rectangles)

This is horribly addictive. I made these saturday night to package for gifts and my family ate a whole pan already. Don't say I didn't warn you!

java 12-05-2005 02:25 PM

Christmas bark
Last year I made it with
melted white chocolate chips and broken up candy canes- just line a pan with the easy release Reynolds wrap- pour on the melted white chocolate and sprinkle the top with the candy cane pieces. Let harden and break into chunks.
This year I am adding a bottom layer of chocolate-
It was SO easy and looked so pretty(I put it in little bags and gave them out to the neighbors.)

staci 12-05-2005 02:47 PM

I dont have a cute name for it, but i like taking big pretzel sticks, sticking them into melted almond bark (about 3/4 in, leave a little bit of pretzel for a handle), and then sprinkling them with whatever (crushed candy, sprinklies, etc) and leaving on waxed paper to harden.

KTSMOM 12-05-2005 02:54 PM

I didn't make this but my friend did. She took a bag of chocolate chips and a bag of butterscotch chips and melted them together and then added spanish peanuts. You then just put spoonfuls of the mixture on wax paper on a cookie sheet and place them in the fridge til they harden. Not only are they super easy they taste wonderful!

shades 12-05-2005 02:59 PM

Muddy Buddies!

9 C. Chex cereal (rice ones are best for this recipe)
1 C. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 C. creamy peanut butter
1/4 C. margarine
1/4 t. vanilla
1 1/2 C. confectioner's (powdered) sugar

Put the powdered sugar in a plastic bag or big bowl with lid and set aside. Melt choc chips, peanut butter & margarine in microwave. Add vanilla & mix thorougly and then stir in cereal until coated. Work quickly - before the mixture cools off too much! Add the chocolate coated cereal to the bag/bowl of powdered sugar and shake until all pieces are coated with sugar. Dump/spread out onto a baking sheet and allow to cool/set. Store in air-tight container.

staci 12-05-2005 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shades
Muddy Buddies!

1/4 C. margarine
1/4 t. vanilla

Put the powdered sugar in a plastic bag or big bowl with lid and set aside. Melt choc chips, peanut butter & margarine in microwave. Add vanilla & mix thorougly and then stir in cereal until coated. Work quickly - before the mixture cools off too much! Add the chocolate coated cereal to the bag/bowl of powdered sugar and shake until all pieces are coated with sugar. Dump/spread out onto a baking sheet and allow to cool/set. Store in air-tight container.

YUM! We always called this puppy chow. I remember when my brother was about 3 he cried so hard when I tried to get him to eat it, he thought I was feeding him dog food :rotfl:

dizagain 12-05-2005 03:15 PM

Yummy mix...

1 cup m&m's
1 cup peanuts
1 cup pretzel sticks
1 cup Crispix cereal
1 cup rice chex
1 cup wheat chex
1 bag white chocolate chips

Melt choc chips in bowl in microwave - stir in stuff and mix well. Drop by teaspoon-fulls on wax paper or even just spread it out and let it harden. Break into pieces and you're done! My kids FAVORITE!

shades 12-05-2005 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staci
YUM! We always called this puppy chow. I remember when my brother was about 3 he cried so hard when I tried to get him to eat it, he thought I was feeding him dog food :rotfl:

:rotfl2: Too funny!!! :rotfl:

Tamis3girls 12-05-2005 03:45 PM

Eggs & Bacon

Pretzel Sticks
Almond Bark
Yellow M&M's

Lay pretzel sticks usually 2-3 next to eachother on wax paper. Melt the almond bark and drizzel 1 tbsp over each grouping of pretzels. Enough to make the pretzels "stick" together, set a yellow m&m on top of the white almond bark. Once it is hard, you can take off the paper. It looks like bacon sticks, the melted bark looks like eggs and the m&m is the yolk of the egg. They are so cute.

mom2alix 12-05-2005 04:02 PM

These are super easy. Similar to rice krispy treat, but made with cornflakes so they look like wreaths. The kids like putting on the red hots.

Cornflake Wreath Cookies

1/2 cup butter
4 cups miniature marshmallows
1 teaspoon green food coloring
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 cups cornflakes cereal
1 (2.25 ounce) package cinnamon red hot candies

1. Microwave marshmallows and butter on High for 2 minutes. Stir, then microwave on High for 2 minutes more. Stir. (This can be done in a double boiler if one doesn't have a microwave.)
2. Add and mix quickly the coloring, extracts, then cornflakes. Drop by spoonfuls in clumps on greased wax paper and decorate with 3 red hots each.
3. Once cool, transfer to lightly greased serving/storage tray with lightly greased fingers.

d4est 12-05-2005 04:23 PM

Just subscribing...great ideas!

jennifer293 12-05-2005 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shades
Muddy Buddies!

1/4 C. margarine
1/4 t. vanilla

My DH's aunt makes this every year at Christmas and my DD's LOVE IT!!!

She always makes ENTIRELY too much though and usually can't get rid of the stuff. I often sometimes wonder if we are eating last years batch..LOL

babytrees 12-05-2005 05:26 PM

subscribing so I can find this when I get home!!