The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Purchasing DVC (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   We Did It! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3294642)

ImTempest 06-24-2014 12:43 PM

We Did It!
 
My husband and I have taken the plunge - we made an offer, and it was accepted!!!!:banana: We're just waiting for the sellers to sign, then it's off to ROFR we go. We are SO ready for this!! I don't care about the timeline - it's just really good to know we are on our way!! :woohoo:

wildforgoofy 06-24-2014 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImTempest (Post 51718427)
My husband and I have taken the plunge - we made an offer, and it was accepted!!!!:banana: We're just waiting for the sellers to sign, then it's off to ROFR we go. We are SO ready for this!! I don't care about the timeline - it's just really good to know we are on our way!! :woohoo:

Hooray!!! I know how you feel! It's so exciting! Good luck!

chitwndan 06-24-2014 01:00 PM

Good Luck!

PLease add it to the ROFR thread as well to help track prices.

LorieDisneyLover 06-24-2014 02:38 PM

Welcome Home! :wave2:

Where did you buy?

Disney_Alli 06-24-2014 04:49 PM

Congrats!!! My fiancé and I are about a week ahead of you in our timeline. Our offer went to ROFR last Monday! We bought at Wilderness Lodge. Where did you buy?

ImTempest 06-24-2014 05:02 PM

Goofy me, I forgot the details - I was just so excited! I've posted to the ROFR list. We put in an offer at Old Key West for $68/pt., 160 points. :dance3:

ImTempest 07-01-2014 01:53 PM

Update - and now we undid it. Waited for the buyers to send back the signed purchase contract, with no luck. As this is only the first hurdle, I could already see the nightmare unfolding as I waited for the closing docs to be returned (seeing as those need to be notarized), so I withdrew our offer. Just waiting on another contract to come along, hopefully one without so much drama.

wildforgoofy 07-01-2014 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImTempest (Post 51767794)
Update - and now we undid it. Waited for the buyers to send back the signed purchase contract, with no luck. As this is only the first hurdle, I could already see the nightmare unfolding as I waited for the closing docs to be returned (seeing as those need to be notarized), so I withdrew our offer. Just waiting on another contract to come along, hopefully one without so much drama.

Mine went very smooth as do most others. It was wise of you to stop now because you 100% right it only gets more nerve racking as you go. Looking back now I think the worst part was waiting for the seller to send back their paperwork after ROFR. Good luck on your next try.

Disney-Kim 07-01-2014 04:26 PM

well I hope another one comes along soon :)

Tonygee 07-01-2014 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildforgoofy (Post 51768115)
Mine went very smooth as do most others. It was wise of you to stop now because you 100% right it only gets more nerve racking as you go. Looking back now I think the worst part was waiting for the seller to send back their paperwork after ROFR. Good luck on your next try.

lol i'm in that boat now... i spoke to the realtor today and advised that if not completed by 7/26 i will be seeking a full refund... that's the expiration date of the estoppel or whatever that is.. I don't mid going through it all again.. uneventful and from what it appears disney hasn't rofr in a while...i'm feeling lucky lol

best of luck with your search.. they're out there, you'll be fine.

wildforgoofy 07-02-2014 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonygee (Post 51770862)
lol i'm in that boat now... i spoke to the realtor today and advised that if not completed by 7/26 i will be seeking a full refund... that's the expiration date of the estoppel or whatever that is..

The Estopple will show if the dues are current and if there are any liens. It's what the title company uses to put together your final closing statements.
Once I passed ROFR it took 14 days for the Estopples from Disney, and then another 6 to close.
Hope this helps. FWIW my estimated close date was June 20th and I closed June 16th, so TSS was pretty close to what they predicted.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.