The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   disABILITIES! (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Allergy/Ingredient List for Flower and Garden (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3246888)

100acrewoodsfan 03-09-2014 11:31 PM

Allergy/Ingredient List for Flower and Garden

Is there a list of the ingredients in the foods at the F&G booths. My daughter is allergic to dairy, soy and egg. When we went to F&W last year no one in the booths were able to tell us the ingredients and when I asked at guest services I got a deer in the headlights look. Should we steer clear or is there a master list somewhere?

Talking Hands 03-10-2014 04:05 PM

Like to know that myself as I am allergic to dairy, mango, shellfish (crustaceans) and cashews.

MK4ever 03-10-2014 08:49 PM

I am interested as well (allergic to TN and sesame). I attended F&W in 2010 and 2011. In 2010 the festival center had an ingredients book. In 2011 I was directed to ask at each booth instead. Sounds like they did not even know at the booths when you attended. Hoping this is not the case. This year I will be at F&G and was hoping to eat at some of the booths. If they cannot provide any information I doubt we will go back in the fall specifically for F&W. As someone with food allergies who is limited at home, Disney was one of the few places that could provide good allergy info. I will be sad if that has changed.

Random Ninja 03-11-2014 07:56 AM

At the F&W festival last year, I had to request a chef and it took going to 6 different booths before one actually came out to talk to me. Each chef is in charge of 3-5 booths and they usually communicate via walkie talkies. The chef that came to talk to me came out the first time I asked but he was the only one. I was lucky that he had 3 different things at 3 of his booths that I could have. His booths were Disney booths but he told me that many of them were run by the WS restaurants and probably safer for me to avoid them as I have some really uncommon allergies.

spacecanada 03-11-2014 10:49 AM

Have you tried emailing special diets to see if they have a list ahead of time?

100acrewoodsfan 03-12-2014 10:46 PM

Thanks. I emailed Special Diets and will post their response when I get it.

100acrewoodsfan 03-13-2014 03:41 PM

I received a response from the Special Diets team. Most of the email was a generic letter about allergies at WDW in general but they did include this...

At all of our outdoor food carts and stands, such as those featured at Epcot's Flower and Garden Festival, the food items are prepared in very small kitchens and there is a high chance for cross-contamination of the food products at the kiosks. For that reason, special dietary offerings and requests are not available. Ingredient lists and food labels are available upon arrival at the locations upon request.

MK4ever 03-14-2014 12:23 AM

Sounds like a similar response I received years ago for food and wine. I am hoping they have info on ingredients. I noticed they are listing gluten free items on the passports. Too bad they cannot do something similar for other allergens.

spacecanada 03-14-2014 10:00 AM

If they say there is a high chance of cross-contamination at the kiosks and/or their kitchens, they won't be able to mention allergy-safe options on the passports (because they cannot guarantee anything would be safe). Personally, with life-threatening allergies, I wouldn't take the chance.