The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   disABILITIES! (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   VIP Cleaning (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3246548)

McMonsters 03-09-2014 11:00 AM

VIP Cleaning

I'm so glad to have found this community! Its great to see everything available for us at Disney. We normally stay at Fort Wilderness in our travel trailer because of our daughters severe food allergies. I've been very hesitant about staying in a room in any hotel because of the severity of her allergies, especially since we know how popular PB &J is for guests to have as a quick in room meal. I'll be traveling solo with the girls and since I'm also pregnant setting up the trailer would be a little much for me, so we are staying at a resort for the first time. When I made the reservation the CM had me wait while she filled out some paperwork for the VIP Cleaning. Since then I have called twice to make payments and checked to make sure it is on the reservation. The first call the CM said it wasn't there and added a note, second call the CM referenced the note. Is there something else I need to do or someone I need to contact? Has anyone else had this cleaning done and how did you feel about the results? Thanks for helping!

babygirlamg 03-09-2014 11:54 AM

I had it noted on the reservation and a few days before I called to verify . When we arrived at 10am our room wasn't ready and they said because of the VIP cleaning was being done. It worked well for us. My daughter had no problems with her asthma or food allergies ( peanut, tree nut, dairy and fish) . I would call a few days before and when you arrive ask to make sure it was done. Have a great trip !!

TheRustyScupper 03-09-2014 08:42 PM

1) There are two "official" levels of VIP cleaning.
2) OK, there are really three, but the 3rd is not discussed in public.
3) You need to specify your allergy(ies) to get the better cleanings.
4) Or, EVERYONE would be requesting them.

lanejudy 03-10-2014 11:27 AM

I agree with being specific about the allergies and what you want cleaned. What one person considers "VIP Clean" may be different than what another needs. I'd call a few days prior to arrival and give specifics.

Enjoy your vacation!

RubyV 03-10-2014 04:36 PM

When we requested our ViP cleaning, we got very specific about why we needed it. (very severe dairy allergy that reacts inhaled to powdered dairy products - things like doritos are terrifying)

Note: We had an after 10pm arrival, and it was NOT done. They offered to comp us the night, but it wasn't about the money, as I had explained, it was safety. We basically didn't let her walk barefoot, kept her luggage on her bed with her until the clean was done while we were out the next morning and left the room very, very early (7 am), and got to MK by 8 am and hung out until RD.

tinkerpea 03-12-2014 08:28 PM

Do you have to pay extra for the VIP cleaning?

My son and I have severe dust allergy plus a few other's and I always have to have my mum watch the boys for the 1st hour or so while dh and myself clean the room and dust everywhere especially the headboard and surface areas where he sleeps! And then he still can't go barefoot in the room,

It would be so much better to know a better clean could be done prior to arrival instead of us doing it and ruining our 1st few hours with the kids.
Thanks

krosmith 03-13-2014 12:31 AM

My son has special needs. And when we ask for the extra cleaning they don't charge us.

Mrs D 03-13-2014 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinkerpea (Post 50937350)

My son and I have severe dust allergy plus a few other's and I always have to have my mum watch the boys for the 1st hour or so while dh and myself clean the room and dust everywhere especially the headboard and surface areas where he sleeps! And then he still can't go barefoot in the room,

It would be so much better to know a better clean could be done prior to arrival instead of us doing it and ruining our 1st few hours with the kids.
Thanks

No, there is no additional charge for the VIP cleaning.

clanmcculloch 03-17-2014 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinkerpea (Post 50937350)

Thanks

We request a special cleaning for dust and pollen. I specify that we need things like the air filter changed, carpets deep cleaned and very thorough dusting. I also make it clear that we do NOT need any kind of special chemical free linens or cleaners as those are not a problem for DD13 so I don't want them going to more effort than is needed but that is one of the types of special cleanings so I like to be specific. Despite our food allergies, none of them are contact and therefore I don't worry about scouring surfaces for residue, just dust which doesn't require nearly as good of a scrub.

tinkerpea 03-17-2014 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clanmcculloch (Post 50971632)

We request a special cleaning for dust and pollen. I specify that we need things like the air filter changed, carpets deep cleaned and very thorough dusting. I also make it clear that we do NOT need any kind of special chemical free linens or cleaners as those are not a problem for DD13 so I don't want them going to more effort than is needed but that is one of the types of special cleanings so I like to be specific. Despite our food allergies, none of them are contact and therefore I don't worry about scouring surfaces for residue, just dust which doesn't require nearly as good of a scrub.

This sounds like it would work well for us, I've honestly never been able to go into a Disney hotel room except POP and AOA without having to wipe it all down for dust, Poly was by far the worst! Which is a real shame for a deluxe followed by AKL which I asked them to come back and dust it as it was so thick it would have set my asthma off of I had tried to dust it!

This thread has been very helpful I never knew it was even possible to ask,