The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   The DIS Unplugged Podcast (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Rumor: PUSH Going Away - UPDATE in Post #32! Another update in Post #36 (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3231740)

*NikkiBell* 02-05-2014 10:44 AM

Rumor: PUSH Going Away - UPDATE in Post #32! Another update in Post #36
 
Just heard a rumor that PUSH the talking trash can at MK might be going away. Cast members are saying his last day is Saturday. If I hear anything more, I'll post here.

SrisonS 02-05-2014 10:56 AM

Just saw that too. I wonder how many people's trip will be "ruined" now?!?! Ha!

patty57 02-05-2014 11:08 AM

It seems as though a lot of entertainment is disappearing.

wiigirl 02-05-2014 11:16 AM

:(

Dreams0308 02-05-2014 11:18 AM

But.... PUSH is so cute!!! And kids love him..Aww man :(

SrisonS 02-05-2014 11:32 AM

Just looking at another thread, I was reminded of how Remy is no longer at Chefs de France. Now that my DD is a little older (3 yo), and can appreciate these small things; they're starting to disappear. We ate at Chefs de France a couple of months ago. She would've been talking about Remy all day that day.

HunnyJar 02-05-2014 11:45 AM

Will it ruin my trip if Push is no longer there? No, of course not but I did really enjoy spotting him. The interaction with Push was hilarious. Is Wes Palm gone from the Animal Kingdom, too?

OKW Lover 02-05-2014 11:52 AM

Count me as somebody who is not having their trip ruined if Push is retired. Can't say when the last time I bothered to watch. Really. pirate:

L-Harper 02-05-2014 12:33 PM

I feel like a lot of these little bits of "magic" are being taken away.

*NikkiBell* 02-05-2014 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKW Lover (Post 50648874)
Count me as somebody who is not having their trip ruined if Push is retired. Can't say when the last time I bothered to watch. Really. pirate:

I feel the same way.

However, it was neat to know this was a unique entertainment perk...

Maybe he'll be replaced by something bigger and better?

rteetz 02-05-2014 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *NikkiBell* (Post 50649266)
I feel the same way. However, it was neat to know this was a unique entertainment perk... Maybe he'll be replaced by something bigger and better?

we can only hope something new comes. I liked Push sad to see him go and some of these other little pieces of magic I hope Disney brings in some new things.

FireDancer 02-05-2014 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *NikkiBell* (Post 50649266)
I feel the same way.

However, it was neat to know this was a unique entertainment perk...

Maybe he'll be replaced by something bigger and better?

A new Push that uses the Magic Bands to interact personally with random guests would be one of the ways the RFID aspect of the bands could be leveraged in the parks. The same could be said about Remy. They are both exactly the kind of character that would be perfect as a first test of the idea.

It is a logical progression of the living character initiative that was spoken about a few years ago.

*NikkiBell* 02-05-2014 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FireDancer (Post 50650196)

A new Push that uses the Magic Bands to interact personally with random guests would be one of the ways the RFID aspect of the bands could be leveraged in the parks. The same could be said about Remy. They are both exactly the kind of character that would be perfect as a first test of the idea.

It is a logical progression of the living character initiative that was spoken about a few years ago.

Didnt they say early on that characters would be interacting with guests due to MB technology? I distinctly remember birthday greetings by name being mentioned. Hmmm...

FireDancer 02-05-2014 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *NikkiBell* (Post 50650303)
Didnt they say early on that characters would be interacting with guests due to MB technology? I distinctly remember birthday greetings by name being mentioned. Hmmm...

It was given as an example of what they could do and might have even been mentioned in a patent filing.

safetymom 02-05-2014 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKW Lover (Post 50648874)
Count me as somebody who is not having their trip ruined if Push is retired. Can't say when the last time I bothered to watch. Really. pirate:

It may not ruin a trip but it was one of those special Disney touches. I am sure it was lots of the small things that Disney does that hooked all of us. When they start taking it away it is sad.

Think of all the children that didn't get to laugh, run around, try to figure it out.

Someday Disney may be just a mere shadow of what it once was. That would be sad.

I will miss Push. My grandchildren always had a great time when they got to see Push.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.