The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Purchasing DVC (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   resale through fidelity (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3180236)

ksmummee 10-01-2013 01:44 PM

resale through fidelity
 
I put in an offer over two weeks ago and was told she would contact me when she heard back.
I emailed late last week to see if she heard anything. Still no response from her.
Is this normal for fidelity?
tts was very good about contacting me, unfortunately the contract I wanted was bought by someone else.
Thanks

DizBub 10-01-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmummee (Post 49714768)
I put in an offer over two weeks ago and was told she would contact me when she heard back.
I emailed late last week to see if she heard anything. Still no response from her.
Is this normal for fidelity?
tts was very good about contacting me, unfortunately the contract I wanted was bought by someone else.
Thanks

This is unacceptable. I would call and get someone on the phone.

Sorry to hear that they are pulling this kind of stuff again.

disneynutz 10-01-2013 02:28 PM

We got the same service a couple of years ago and decided to not use them again. I don't understand why Disney has a business relationship with them. :confused3

:earsboy: Bill

Annielkd22222 10-01-2013 03:22 PM

From what I hear there are many people out there selling, and many companies to deal with. Go with someone else. Two weeks is rediculous. Two days is more like it!

Annielkd22222 10-01-2013 03:24 PM

There are so many contracts out there....make someone else happy and do more shopping ;).

francie57 10-01-2013 06:09 PM

This is exactly why we used TSS. I contacted Fidelity about a contract I was interested in for BWVs and never heard back from them. We put in offers on 2contracts through TSS and had answers back within 2 hours. Just cleared ROFR today so we are already onto closing. I would definitely go elsewhere at this point.

Splashboat 10-01-2013 06:27 PM

OP, We had a similar experience with Fidelity a few months ago - not once but twice. We thought maybe it was just the woman we were working with so we tried the other one when another contract came along - but she wasn't any better.
We bought through another resale company. I understand Fidelity has been overwhelmed but that is not the way to run a business.

Belle & Ariel 10-01-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disneynutz (Post 49715182)
We got the same service a couple of years ago and decided to not use them again. I don't understand why Disney has a business relationship with them. :confused3

:earsboy: Bill

I think Disney gives them the contracts because they do not want to make it easy for us to buy resale.

Belle & Ariel 10-01-2013 08:21 PM

I bought a Fidelity contract usiing a different company's broker who shares listings.
I offered full price and agreed to pay closing and current dues. The contract was accepted by the seller and I had email saying so.
A day later they called my broker to say the contract was being sold to someone else.
A day later someone posted on here on the ROFR thread they had bought the contract--made offer days after we did and accepted a day after ours was accepted, the day we were bounced. I doubt the seller knew what happened as both contracts were the same.
Fidelity did this because the agent there got to keep the full commission rather than share with our broker. We paid more for another contract elsewhere and our broker was cheated out of a commission he earned.
They are known for not updating their list of contracts, so who knows how often this happens. Our incident was discovered because we both post on the disboards--what is the chance of that!
I think they are incompetent, greedy, and dishonest.
We paid more to buy through a reputable broker, but still saved thousands over buying direct.

DizBub 10-01-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belle & Ariel (Post 49717881)
I think Disney gives them the contracts because they do not want to make it easy for us to buy resale.

We used Fidelity last year and got pretty good treatment. Every time we sent an e-mail it was responded to immediately, phone calls were all returned promptly. I enthusiastically recommended them to others based on our experience with them.

I know they are super busy, have had personnel turnover and recently moved their office. Still, this is no excuse and not good business practice and they are getting a bad reputation, at least on these boards. I hoped that they had turned things around. I looks like they haven't.

wrighter 10-02-2013 07:37 AM

So far, so good for us using Fidelity. I was quite leary about using them, but they have been very responsive and things have moved much quicker than we'd anticipated. No glitches - yet! (Fingers crossed!)

lions1995 10-02-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DizBub (Post 49718087)
We used Fidelity last year and got pretty good treatment. Every time we sent an e-mail it was responded to immediately, phone calls were all returned promptly. I enthusiastically recommended them to others based on our experience with them.

I know they are super busy, have had personnel turnover and recently moved their office. Still, this is no excuse and not good business practice and they are getting a bad reputation, at least on these boards. I hoped that they had turned things around. I looks like they haven't.

I am like you. I have gotten two great buys via Fidelity a few years ago. I never had a problem with communications. One deal I made over Labor Day weekend with many phone calls back and forth.

I do hope they ge their act back togther if they are having issues. I might be in the mood for another contract soon. :)

I may have to try TSS again naext time. They let a bad taste in my mouth when I tried buy through them before. But it was probably more the agent I got.

Good Luck

ton80 10-02-2013 08:36 AM

I've tried to contact them 4-5 times over the past month about putting an offer in on some listings. NEVER heard back from anyone so I am going with the TSS. :confused3

agie65 10-02-2013 09:16 PM

Fidelity.............Business as usual. If you can not handle glitches, look elsewhere.

e46m3 10-02-2013 10:26 PM

I had a bad experience with them too.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.