The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disneyland (California) (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Last ride traditions? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3175810)

aleighc1 09-21-2013 07:19 PM

Last ride traditions?

I know a lot of people have a tradition of their first ride when they go to DL, does anyone have a last ride tradition? I have a picture of my kids on the teacups at midnight, our last ride on our last night in Disney, and it still warms my heart every time I look at it. Even though the pic is slightly blurry, it captures the memory so perfectly that I feel like I want to make it a tradition as our last ride. (it was their first trip to Disney, but we are talking about taking them back again this spring)

Do you have last night traditions?

munchkin322 09-21-2013 07:26 PM

Not necessary a last ride but we ALWAYS finish out trip at Downtown Disney Pin trading store :). I am an annual pass holder so it is different every time (the last park we visit before we leave) but DH knows to stop by DTD BEFORE we even leave the WDW land! Lol

Butterfly123 09-21-2013 08:00 PM

When the kids were little it was Small World. I can remember my youngest being a little teary (but trying hard not to show it!) walking from Small World out too the front of the park, down Main Street for our final exit. One visit we had the boat all to ourselves...so very special.

Now it is always POTC. Our second to last trip we were fortunate to again get our own boat all to ourselves for our last ride. It was another very special ride...something I won't forget.

These memories are what makes Disneyland vacations so wonderful. I totally get why you treasure your slightly blurry picture! :)

Maggie7313 09-21-2013 08:06 PM

No DL tradition (yet) but we always finish out the Magic Kingdom on our WDW trips with a full circuit on the railroad, starting and ending at Main Street, before hopping to Epcot for dinner and a last stroll around the World Showcase. The railroad is a nostalgic way to say goodbye to my favorite part of the resort.

I imagine we will do something similar on this trip since we have to finish at DCA on our last night because of the 10/4 Halloween party.

Dot2Vegas 09-21-2013 08:13 PM

Last ride is POTC. Then we stroll down Main Street, grab a bench near Walt's apartment and enjoy a snack (ice cream or churros).

figment_jii 09-21-2013 08:19 PM

Generally, my family rides the Haunted Mansion and then head out to Brennan's Jazz Kitchen for one last meal before heading home.

chabelita545 09-21-2013 08:41 PM

It's not a tradition but we often end our last night with fireworks. It's a magical way to end the trip and with the exodus of people heading out afterwards, we don't feel as bad that we are leaving, too.

Mugglemama 09-21-2013 09:39 PM

Our last ride tradition is POTC, as well. It seems to be the hardest ride for us to say goodbye to.

WTFetus 09-21-2013 09:54 PM

Astroblasters right when the park is closing.

Aussie Princess 09-21-2013 10:16 PM

Usually mine is BTMRR but I'm guessing this trip that tradition won't continue

old lady 09-21-2013 10:20 PM

The pirates of caribean and all my favorites.

disneydreamerbelle 09-22-2013 12:29 AM

Ours is the tea cups also. Then an ice cream on the curb of main street while the park clears out. It's usually pretty quiet at that point and almost dream like. :lovestruc

CallieMar 09-22-2013 12:25 PM

Pirates, then Haunted Mansion. During the holidays, we then take the train to Toontown station and make it's a small world our last ride.